• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Yes. After a certain point, most likely after beating the E4 and Champion, you unlock the PokeTransfer just like in B/W. You can also trade with B/W after you beat Cheren and get your C-gear.

can you trade any pokemon from black to black 2 right when you get the C-gear? like charmander and pichu?

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
I have yet to play BW2, Ill be getting it when it comes out in English, so please no story spoilers if you answer this. I read online that you can link up your file of the original BW, and it changes certain things. Does the original game have to have simply beaten N and Ghetsis, or do you have to rebattle the league to fight Alder? I never did beat Alder so if I need to Ill do that before next weekend. Thanks in advance.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have yet to play BW2, Ill be getting it when it comes out in English, so please no story spoilers if you answer this. I read online that you can link up your file of the original BW, and it changes certain things. Does the original game have to have simply beaten N and Ghetsis, or do you have to rebattle the league to fight Alder? I never did beat Alder so if I need to Ill do that before next weekend. Thanks in advance.

In the original B/W, you must beat N and Ghetsis to let it connect to B2/W2.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
I have another question about linking up with a BW1 file. My brother has a Japanese copy of the game, but he's buying an English BW2. Both of the DS's he'll use are also English. Will the link-up work? If you guys don't know then fine, I just didn't know where else to ask.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If he uses a Japanese DSi series system or a DS/DSlite he can link up with the English ones. I think that's how it works.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, the original DS and the Lite are not region locked, but the DSi (including XL) and the 3DS are region locked and if those are English, they won't play the Japanese games.

Anyway, is there another way to get Therian Kami trio without having to use Dream Radar?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If you trade the Landurus you get in Black or White you can unlock the Reveal Mirror at the Abundant Shrine which allows you to change them to their Therian forms.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
The current Keldeo giveaway ends one day before B2W2's release in America/Europe/Australia. So not this event, no, you'll have to get it in BW and trade it to B2W2.

How do you get the keldeo event in B/W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back