• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Animals

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay so a past thread mentioned non-Pokemon creatures but I want to be specific here, and for it to include outside of battles, too. Would you like to see animals in this region that aren't necessarily Pokemon? You can't battle them, but you can interact with them, other trainers talk about them often, etc. Do you think this is likely to occur in a world of just Pokemon? If so, what kind of animals do you think could be referenced? Would you like to see sprites of animals alongside Pokemon during certain parts of the games? Share yo thoughts!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, look -- I'm not so sure about this. I mean, how would having a farm filled with normal cows, differ from Milktank? People use Milktank for MooMoo Milk, which is a popular product. Then again, would a normal cow create new milk products, such as yogurts, or different brands of milk? Also... would normal chickens produce edible eggs that, say, a Torchic couldn't do? Well, I dunno, to make this short; my concern is that, other than battling purposes, I'm not sure how real world animals would differ from pokemon functions when it comes to the farm life.

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
I think that idea will just change the whole Pokemon games.
I mean think about it, aren't Pokemon already animals?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't see this happening. Pokémon are the equivalent to animals in real life. You see NPC's have Pokémon as their pets, you see Miltanks as the source for milk like cows would be in real life. Introducing real life animals that aren't typically Pokémon in a world where Pokémon exists would be, in my opinion, redundant and a little to late.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I severely doubt this, outside of a few episodes of the early anime there hasn't been any animals outside of Pokémon shown. It would just overlap with functions that they already hold (as Doronjo said), and it just seems...pointless honestly. Maybe it's just me, but if I had the choice between interacting with Pokémon or regular animals in these games, Pokémon are going to win 99.9% of the time.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
There may not even be real animals in the Pokemon world. Pokemon are special and the focus is on them. I dont see real animals adding much to the games at all.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd like to see little cute dogs and cats in people's houses, that'd be interesting. :3 Even if it was Pokemon, it'd add kind of a sense of realism, y'know? As well as normal birds, and fish and whatnot. It would be nice if the player would like, sit on the edge of the pier or something near a beach, and stare at the fish, it makes for kind of a relaxing experience...

Hahaha, I mean, it'd be a bit strange of course to see Pokemon and animals kind of co-exist together, but it'd certainly wouldn't be too bad, I'd imagine!

Oh talking of the beach... what if Wingull AND Seagulls were to appear? I mean they could totally cover it up as Pokemon and DNA could be a thing in these games and they could be "genetically modified" to their world, but to us they'd obviously be the real animals because you can't battle or do anything with them!

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
There may not even be real animals in the Pokemon world. Pokemon are special and the focus is on them. I dont see real animals adding much to the games at all.

Well, in the anime at least, real animals weren't uncommon in the first season. A lot think that that was because of us not having that many Pokemon at the time to begin with though, as shown by their appearances diminishing in the later seasons. With that said though, it wouldn't surprise me if real animals were used more for eating, etc. than Pokemon(because of them being considered more useless in that sense).

I'm not sure how I'd feel about seeing them in the games though, I probably would just mistake them for Pokemon anyways, with some like Lillipup, etc. very closely resembling real animals. As Aerilyn said, it would seem a bit redundant at this point.

Back