• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad, But Enjoyable

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
As many of us know, there's plenty of bad anime out there, but out of those, some of them are actually pretty enjoyable, whether it's because they're so bad it becomes funny or they have serious flaws, but had a fun ride through. What's are some anime that you consider bad, but enjoyable?

Note that this isn't a place to debate whether something's a bad anime or not.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Ah, I've considered making this thread before but never gotten around to it. Guess I'll start then.

And to start I'll say most of the old style super robot shows. However bland the characters, however generic the antagonists motivation not much in anime beats that moment where 2 robots become one to some cheesy rock music. Kotetsushin Jeeg, Mazinkaiser, TTGL, Getter Robo and G Gundam all fit this to a certain extent.

Strike Witches. It's one of the most absurd excuses to show the underwear of little girls but it's just entertaining.

Bleach. Since when were you under the impression that everything ever wasn't a part of my plan.

J

good morning
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
i think this is the entire premise of TTGL.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
It's not an anime, but the 2012 live-action film For Love's Sake is based off a manga from the 70s. It's a Japanese version of Romeo & Juliet crossed with High School Musical featuring amazingly corny dialogue, weirdly stilted choreography, and songs that don't make a lick of sense. Having said that, it's absolutely the most entertaining film I've seen all year. Mostly because of how seemingly 'bad' it is; in many ways, the film becomes ridiculously charming as a result. I can't remember any of the songs for it, but I'll definitely be first in line if it gets released again in cinemas or comes out on DVD. It's the definition of a cult movie waiting to happen.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Glass fleet..i just wanted to see Vetti and Coe reaction when they discover they're actually twin..i didn't llike the end though

Inuyashsa..i got bored of it sometimes but i keep trying to know what's gonna happen eventually

Bleach..same reasons said before

Might find some ppl wanna kill me for that but One piece also...i just got bored from the long story and nothing interesting me..not sure if i consider Luffy good or bad character but still kinda see and ep from time to time!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
UEzqr.jpg

Not sure the last post quite gets the thread.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ixion Saga DT.

Awful story, awful characters, fixated on nudity and genital damage.

Yet this makes me laugh so much

"...and this is my sacred beast of concealment!"
A8o1bbJCEAEH1ma.png:large

Back