• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Ruby 2

Which OW sprites for brendan/may would look better?

• Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Firered/LeafGreen

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Customized/New

Votes: 36 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinta77

Hes not resized. It is supposed to fit in slot 5. It replaces the big yellow guy. Anyway, that was just to practice some palate changing and i got a little distracted >.< dont worry about the "other project" ;)

oops.jpg

This is my current problem. Ash is looking great. Misty looks awesome! But the main character is all messed up... I've had palettes conflict before, but not like this...

Ash is palette 22, and misty is palette 16.

So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe I should use palettes 3, 4, 5, and 6, but that would mean I'd need to redo many over world sprites. Then again, that might not be so bad. It would make the game a little more unique.

Anyway, this weekend I'm going to try to have all 8 gyms done. Wish me luck :)

Last edited:

Pinta77

I think i will be able to. And while im at it, I'm contemplating changing the main characters since "customized/new" won by such a land slide.

Pinta77

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVbC8Bswqm4

In this video, I test out the Day care really quick. Then I play through a quick part of the game. Then Finally, I'll show you an easter egg I added in the game :) Hopefully there will be more.

In this video, you'll be able to see 2 of the new overworld sprites. Also, I know some of you will be disappointed, but I added 2 Fakemon. I know, but I didn't make them and I think it's pretty decent looking. There will be no more fakemon, I promise.

Other News:
I'm going to change how the starters work. From playing other ROM hacks, I learned that me adding 4 starters kind of robs you of building a team. So I'm going to change that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2012
Nice, i'm making a pokémon game called Pokémon Rock Red main legendary is Groudon. :)

Pinta77

Pm me once you have a thread Treecko. I'd love to check it out =)

Oh, I forgot to mention. Thanks to Pino17 for some helpful advice, and CrazyBuizel for a tutorial video, there just might be new music in this hack :)

Pinta77

Thats interesting. I personally am completely sick of the ruby music because I've played so many Rom hack. Im in love with jupiter version mainly because of the music =)

What i will probably do is leave some of the original music in the game and change some. That's IF i can figure out how. I havent tried yet, ill save that for the very end.

As far as progress goes i have 7 gyms completed. So this hack is getting fairly close to done. I also changed the tiles a bit to make it look different.

picsss.jpg

And finally, a special thanks once again to Mavy42. Mavy is going to make a couple of the gym leader sprites for me :)

Last edited:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Other News:
I'm going to change how the starters work. From playing other ROM hacks, I learned that me adding 4 starters kind of robs you of building a team. So I'm going to change that.

What do you mean by that :O I WANT MY COMBUSKEN !!!! :P
The pallete edits are good ! Also. what's that black place where the burglar ow is ????

Pinta77

For starters, Ill probably have some sort of choice. The dark place is the dark type gym =3 ill warn you now, im not putting too much effort into the inside of the gyms. However the gym leaders will all be unique

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
For starters, Ill probably have some sort of choice. The dark place is the dark type gym =3 ill warn you now, im not putting too much effort into the inside of the gyms. However the gym leaders will all be unique

I don't bother with gyms ;) However i forgot to ask....will there be post-game activities or story expansion ???

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thats interesting. I personally am completely sick of the ruby music because I've played so many Rom hack. Im in love with jupiter version mainly because of the music =)
Well... I think Ruby has nice music but I get the same feeling as you ;)
Personally I love Faraway Place/Abandoned Ship music. It's my second favorite piece of Pokémon music with first being Lavender Town of course xD

Pinta77

@gam3r - yes, there will be post game things. I'm planning on having you wipe out team snagem after you beat the elite four. Also there's the mission system.

@Ash - yes, if i do edit music it wont be everything.

Also, as i said before, i have 7 gyms completed. I have something.. Er... Different planned for the 8th gym.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
@gam3r - yes, there will be post game things. I'm planning on having you wipe out team snagem after you beat the elite four. Also there's the mission system
Also, as i said before, i have 7 gyms completed. I have something.. Er... Different planned for the 8th gym.

Great ! i can't wait for it :)

Pinta77

I have been test playing the game lately to keep an eye out for glitches. So far so good. The only thing that concerns me is that somewhere along the line, a sprite disappeared. I'm not sure how... I suppose I could insert a new one, but I hope nothing seriously bad happened :/ worst case scenario, i could use a back up from a few days ago.

Also, i cant ignore the poll results. I'm thinking about making a 2nd version of this game. The second one would be mostly the same but with completely different main characters, some ever so slight changes to the story, and possibly alternate missions. What do you think?

Back