• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for people to practice with on TCG Online

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
I do not use Pokemon TCG online. However I use Bebe search and Playtcg me to play online as it's free and doesn't require you to use online codes !
I can add you on Skype if you're looking for a game.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
Im very disapointed with TGC Online because I have 2 great decks at home that I have been working hard on, and the best thing I can do with my online deck is... well stick with my cold-fire deck because the booster packs have all failed to turn up much of anything online. I had purchased a kit of 6 decks from walmart for $29 that came in a plastic box, but it does not have any codes in it for TGC Online, so that means I have almost no energy in my online decks either.

So I rip through the "tournament challenge" against the computer - winning must games in 5-7 minutes, I doubt I would be a match for any real decks out there... *sigh*

Years
Im very disapointed with TGC Online because I have 2 great decks at home that I have been working hard on, and the best thing I can do with my online deck is... well stick with my cold-fire deck because the booster packs have all failed to turn up much of anything online. I had purchased a kit of 6 decks from walmart for $29 that came in a plastic box, but it does not have any codes in it for TGC Online, so that means I have almost no energy in my online decks either.

So I rip through the "tournament challenge" against the computer - winning must games in 5-7 minutes, I doubt I would be a match for any real decks out there... *sigh*

Your online collection is set up do you don't need to collect any basic energy cards. When you go to build a deck, look for the energy cards that have the infinity symbol indicating how many of that energy you have.

You can trade your booster codes for virtual cards with other people, giving them so many codes to get a specific card.

As it stands right now, though, I'm only available evenings and weekends for matches.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
Oh? I have unlimited energy? I just assumed I had just the ones that came with my cold fire deck... I'll have to try again to build something then.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
Yep, was able to build a deck. Its not all that great - still have the problem of most of my online cards suck compared my real ones. :)

But this deck at least functions....

So played 2 games with my deck against the "expert" level of "practice" and slaughtered them. Was hoping they would be more realistic...

Last edited:

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
Yep, was able to build a deck. Its not all that great - still have the problem of most of my online cards suck compared my real ones. :)

But this deck at least functions....

So played 2 games with my deck against the "expert" level of "practice" and slaughtered them. Was hoping they would be more realistic...

Same here :(
I don't even have that compeditive of a deck, according to the critiques I've recieved here, and I take out the computer with no problem, even when I'm at a type disadvantage.

playing against other real people is really hit and miss. More often than not I take people out easily, but occasionally I'll play someone that I just can't compete with.

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
How do you get decks/etc in those ?

With playtcg, at least, you build a deck on bebesearch.com and playtcg will sync up and read it in.

I do enjoy playing the online TCG, though :)
I like having the second collection of cards and being able to trade such.

and for a usability perspective - aside from the glitches and lag from the pokemon online, I like the interface a million times better than I've enjoyed playtcg.
After disabling all of the animations and sounds, it does run significantly smoother.

I do come across good opponents every now and again, and I probably play my friends from work more than I play random people.

It's also a lot of fun to quickly build and test decks just for fun.
I built a heatmor deck that was really quick and easy to make, not to mention modify - when I felt that the bebesearch interface really held me up when I didn't know the names of the things I was searching for.
with pokemon online, I'm able to just see and click :D
and the filtering abilities it has are luf ;3;

Back