• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Have been playing this hack for about 2-3 hours now, and I got to say, I love it. The only thing I dislike is not being able to switch out your Pokemon in battle, but I guess that makes it harder.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Okay, I'm sorry but I used the cheat to receive the VS Seeker. I am so impatient in raising them on wild Pokémon, so I used the cheat. But when I read "cheater pants" as the name for the VS Seeker I started dying of laughter.

Glazyalyz

The Glacier Warrior
Years
Well I just wanted to say really nice hack but I feel that the pokemon are very OP. They have a lot of strong moves at very early levels. Another thing is that why can't we switch pokemon in trainer battles when we faint the enemy's pokemon? But out of that I really love this hack. Keep up the great work!

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
Can you play this hack on android? because I was able to play liquid crystal/flora sky/and dark rising on my phone. And so I'm wondering if this is able too. btw I'm using droidemu.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Well I just wanted to say really nice hack but I feel that the pokemon are very OP. They have a lot of strong moves at very early levels. Another thing is that why can't we switch pokemon in trainer battles when we faint the enemy's pokemon? But out of that I really love this hack. Keep up the great work!
Don't you worry, all pokemon even out and are viable. Normally the ones that learn huge things early on do that for a reason.

Set mode everywhere was intentional. Before it was made to not announce what was coming next (like Pure White), but really for the difficulty's sake this served it's just plain makes more sense to have it Set everywhere.

Can you play this hack on android? because I was able to play liquid crystal/flora sky/and dark rising on my phone. And so I'm wondering if this is able too. btw I'm using droidemu.
Unless your emulator is not an emulator, it can play everything.

Having said that, Droidemu is pretty awful especially for the high price though everything is played. You should be using MyBoy at least, if not GBA.emu or retroarch.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
Actually droidemu isn't all that bad and IMO is better than myboy free. But that just my opinion. But I'll give it a try.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hey, since there are only 151 pokemon in this hack, is it possible to obtain all of them?

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
Okay, when I downloaded this hack it won't open. Instead it brings me to black screen and then it froze up. Any help?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
So I'm going to give this hack a run through, and as I was looking at sprites with Wichu's editor (yeah don't judge me :P), the Golurk backsprite you're using has some serious anatomical errors. Here's the Golurk sprite from my project, which is 100% anatomically accurate:
676_zps26c4c504.png

Sorry, just nitpicking

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
V1.14 is here- this is mostly a sprite update though.

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2014
Going through this blind on Lunatic Mode. This is awesome :) Even a few of the normal trainers on Route 3 have been sending me back to the Pokemon Center(curse you Bug Catcher Greg and your overpowered Butterfree). I've definitely had to use a lot of strategy so far. Great early game! Hopefully it continues getting awesome from here.

Spoiler:

Overall good hack so far. I approve of the Pokemon you added to the game, as they actually are there to improve gameplay as opposed to being there for the sake of being able to say "hur-dur Gen 5 Pokemon" (screw you for putting Hustle on Nidoran though, so many misses T.T) I will continue to play this hack and see where it goes from here!

Woah, error. Munna's Pokedex data after being caught pulls up Torchic. And I cannot select it in the Pokedex.

Munna also seems to have a really low EXP rate.

Last edited:

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Woah, error. Munna's Pokedex data after being caught pulls up Torchic. And I cannot select it in the Pokedex.

whoops

I forgot to give it a habitat, so yeah. Musharna won't show up properly either if you get it- I'll roll out a fix for that tonight. Also its exp rate is on par with most of the other early-game mons- it could probably stand to be higher given where it appears, though.

Here, have a Munna hotfix.

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2014
Thanks for the fix! Now I can look her up at any time. Btw I love your idea with the Pokedex. Now their entries are actually useful, and I'm much less tempted to just look up every single solitary thing on Bulbapedia.

Problems I've encountered with the mid-game.
1. There is no Musharna on Route 12. I abused this to go to Celadon early(you only have to face one trainer between Lavender and Celadon if you're sneaky). I abused this to get the evolution stones, Celadon TMs, and Psychic all before I even faced Surge. While I kind of like the idea of being able to skip Rock Tunnel(always hated that cave), and I love the idea of having to be sneaky, I don't like being able to get all of this stuff early, way too easy. You should rearrange Route 8 so that you have to face a few more trainers. Maybe a few moving trainers that you can avoid with skill and then 3 trainers that you absolutely have to face. For the player this means that if you want to skip Rock Tunnel you have to adjust your Pokemon to the curve. Also all of route 12 is glitched. I cannot open the door to the Rod house and the only fisherman on that route will not talk to me. There are no trainers on it, and I think that's kindof odd(though I don't mind it).

2.There is no Rival battle on the S.S. Anne. Why? The S.S. Anne is a really easy dungeon, the Rival battle would definitely make it tougher.

The following points are opinions, take them as you may.
3.I'm not so sure about that Scald animation. Its definitely one way to do it, and its pretty accurate, but have you considered maybe using the animation for Aqua Jet + the steam? Scald is a really powerful move, but the water sport animation makes it seem kind of weak.

4.Mid-game Butterfree is much weaker than early-game Butterfree. It appears as if you have removed Confusion from him in the mid-game. That makes him so much weaker, as that was practically his only asset.

5.Once or twice or three times I've blacked out because I was rushing too fast on the way back to a Pokemon Center and faced a trainer with my weakened Pokemon. You should move some of the trainers around so that I don't expect them and that happens more often >:D They should still be able to be avoidable if the player is careful though.

Still enjoying the game, one of the best times I've had with Pokemon in awhile. I have a pretty good team so far. Liligant, Musharna, Nidoqueen, Combusken, Elekid, and Deino. I can see these guys doing well all the way through late game(I don't like switching Pokemon and wasting EXP and TM). I just now realized that all of the best TMs are in Rocket Corner(I usually play Blue and am used to just being given them) so I'm saving my money like a madman. Really cool, as money usually is a non-factor for me in Pokemon games.

Last edited:

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
1.) I'm not sure how Route 12 got as messed up as it did but fortunately it was a simple fix to get it back to normal. You aren't supposed to be able to sequence break there- I fully intend for players to go through Rock Tunnel (though AFTER that point the sequence starts to get muddled and sneakiness is encouraged to the extent it was in FR).

2.) It turns out there's a script in Lavender Town that sets the flag used by the S.S. Anne rival so you won't see him level down if you trade in a Cut user- I'm guessing that's why you didn't find him.

3.) I'm not a fan of how Scald turned out either, but I wound up scrapping a lot of concepts for the animation due to implementation issues so I'm not too eager to revisit it soon.

4.) Butterfree picks up Gust at 16, which does slightly more than Confusion thanks to STAB and hits pretty much the same things except Poison-types- if you like Psychic coverage there's Psybeam at 26, and at 30 it picks up Silver Wind which gives good general coverage. Somewhat more alarming is Sleep Powder at 22, which is nasty with CompoundEyes and a big part of why Butterfree remains scary through endgame.

Anyway here's a version with Route 12's events fixed- note that this means you should probably go back to the main sequence before applying it unless you want to do Rock Tunnel in reverse. If I hear of more game-breaking bugs cropping up I'm probably just going to grab 1.13 and re-apply all the changes to it because this is getting rather annoying.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2014
Okay, I'm applying the patch now. The stretch between the 2nd gym and the Rock Tunnel was made easier, but don't worry, I still have all of Celadon and beyond to kick my ass.

I totally get what you mean with Scald, some things aren't worth the effort :) Its there and it works, so you can put it very low on the priority list.

And I'm not actually the one using a Butterfree, I'm sure he's pretty balanced if you use him. I'm commenting on the Bug Catchers you have to face before Rock Tunnel. They use Butterfrees without any Psychic moves, that makes them pretty weak. Gust may be STAB, but it is also going off Butterfree's much weaker attack stat, as opposed to his high Special Attack. Trust me, I blacked out to a Butterfree with Confusion(stop laughing), but easily 2HKOd the later ones with barely a scratch.

Agastya

Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
They use Butterfrees without any Psychic moves, that makes them pretty weak. Gust may be STAB, but it is also going off Butterfree's much weaker attack stat, as opposed to his high Special Attack.
did you miss the part where this game has a physical/special split or

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2014
did you miss the part where this game has a physical/special split or

Tbh I totally forgot that Gust was Special. Oops, disregard that comment, I guess my team was just better when I faced the other Butterfrees.

Stunfisk has the same Pokedex error as Musharna I believe.

Spoiler:

Is there a chance you would consider increasing the percent chance on a Magnemite holding Magnet? I grinded for over 30 minutes, no success.

Electivire is not able to learn Flamethrower. Not sure if you chose to eliminate that from his moveset or not, but I'd really like to be able to hit Grass types, plz and thk u ;)

This game is a blast, Lunatic mode definitely slows down the pace of the game, but the extra challenge is so worth it, and I really feel like I've worked for my victories. Most satisfying moment so far has definitely been taking down Erika. That last Pokemon was...evil. I also really like the level you chose for the Safari Zone Pokemon. They are actually at a level where I'm considering adding them to my team. I'm going to have to make some hard choices.

Volt Absorb does not absorb Thunder Wave.

Route 21 turns this from a great hack into the best Fire Red hack ever made.

Last edited:
Back