• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another Rules Question: Conditions

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
Sooo...

Sleep, Confuse, Paralyze - What are the ways they can be removed? I know evolve, switch, and retreat remove them. Sleep you can flip a coin, but is that true of confuse and paralyze too?

Burn and poison - same question?

Thanks!

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
The status effects which you turn the Pokemon in a direction cannot be on-top of each other. Poison and Burn use markers, so they can stack together (burn and poison damage.)
So in total a Pokemon can be:
Asleep + Burned + Poisoned
Confused + Burned + Poisoned
Paralyzed + Burned + Poisoned

But not:
Asleep + paralyzed + confused

If a Pokemon is asleep and is then paralyzed, it becomes paralyzed and replaces the sleep condition.
An asleep Pokemon must wake up to retreat.
A paralyzed Pokemon has to wait till the next turn to be back to normal (retreat)
A confused Pokemon may retreat, but has to flip a coin if it wishes to attack.

http://www.pokemontcg.com/tutorials

Using this website, you can learn the special conditions by clicking "Special conditions"

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
No, sorry, I understand all that...

I am not asking about stacked conditions... say my pokemon was confused (just confused ;) ). How do I make him unconfused? Same for the others.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Retreating
Evolving
Using "Full heal"
Using a "Super scoop up" and getting heads on the coin flip
Having a ability which "Ignores special conditions"

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
Ops :)

For some reason I thought the same coin flip that sleep used applied to all three. Ah well. Should not have won that last game cause I unconfused my dragon and wiped out his last three pokemon :) Ops.

Back