• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

ShinyZangoose

HarshViper's hackin!(It's me.)
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2010
This is Indeed the best Hack i've EVER played. Good job Frostbite!

Years
I had a Combusken by the end of Beta 1, I caught a Zigzagoon for cut. I'm used to using 1-3 Pokemon on my team in Pokemon games and ROM Hacks. Is more Hoenn music going to be inserted, because I like Hoenn music as much as I like Sinnoh/Johto/Kanto music.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
The hack has been progressing at a steady rate so far. I'm planning to release Beta 2 later this month. :)

Anyway, Team Tundra will have their own battle theme. Here's a video of it.

click me

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
The hack has been progressing at a steady rate so far. I'm planning to release Beta 2 later this month. :)

Anyway, Team Tundra will have their own battle theme. Here's a video of it.

click me

Isn't the theme the Magma grunt one from Ruby? Sounds very catchy :P
The drums sem to be a bit too loud, but that may be my headphones. Overall, it's a very nice piece of music.

Also, good luck on the release!

EDIT: Are these green pixels (circled) meant to be on the houses in Scarlet Town?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2010
Glad to see this is still being worked on,keep up the good work,looking forward to the new beta.

Last edited:
Years
I like the inserted music, I like RSE music since Pokemon Ruby was my first game. It actually brings back nostalgia. I like the overworlds for Team Tundra, those are also good. I like the new Youngster and Lass overworlds.

Last edited:

LilithOfDarkness

Dark Type Master
Years
This is an awesome hack! I love everything you've done to it!
The only thing is it seems the pokemon get crits a lot, but that just might be on my end...

I love the running indoors thing. Neat idea!

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
The Battle Theme of Magma/Aqua Grunt is very awesome.
Glad to see it inserted into the Hack.

But one thing is, if Team Tundra has this battle theme,
they need the defeated theme too.
Or else, it will be ironic.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
Hello, I'm new to the forum, and new to Pokemon hacks. I have to say I really loved your hack, and I have one bug to report and one question to ask.:classic:

There is a bug on route 701 (I think that's the name) from Greenwood to Gordian. You can walk right through the ledge in the wrong direction. Pic attached.

Also I wanted to ask if I can play my saved game after you will release new version?

Years
Yeah, it even was mentioned in Pokemon Identity by VGAura on a TV only to be interrupted by a Kanye West-styled guy. I'm guessing that Team Tundra's sprites are going to be in Beta 3? I do like the overworlds though, and that the blue color fits.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2021
The ledge bug was fixed in Beta 1.2. You should download that version. It also has other bugs fixed.

Actually, the bug is still there for me. I redownloaded and checked again and I can still walk through the ledge right outside Greenwood. This allows you to skip the first rival battle and eventually results in total game failure, if you don't do the battle.

I also experienced another crippling bug on a clean playthrough. After getting my first badge, I couldn't proceed any farther. I understand the game is supposed to progress to two badges. The guy outside the third town with the museum continues to block my passage east. I then was forced to activate the walk through walls code to continue. Edit: This could be because of the aforementioned ledge walkthrough glitch - maybe I did the first rival battle out of order and it messed something up, I dunno.

I've played this, and its a reason it won that prize..

I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to flame or cause trouble, but honestly I have no idea what that reason might be. This is still just a beta with only one badge - two if your playthrough doesn't glitch - and unfortunately it didn't impress me. I did love the character sprite, though, which is why I kept playing.

In my opinion, only complete or near-complete games should receive a title as prestigous "hack of the year". If anyone happens to be looking for a finished product to play while they wait for Azure Horizons, try Pokemon: Team Rocket Edition. It's a total overhaul of the original red version, so if you don't mind the graphics, it's definitely worth a play.

Last edited:
Back