• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Edit: Everything's really cool but I ran into a bug. When you warp in the house behind the pokecenter in viridian city, you get stuck in the door when you go outside.

Thanks for letting me know, that's now fixed and will be in the next update

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
wow, my computer froze trying to load the world map :O

on the screens, it looks a bit weird having outlined buildings, right next to non-outlined ones.

anyway, you're making great progress, everything looks good.
i know it's far off, but are you planning anything as postgame content?
yellow didn't have much aside form mewtwo.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
wow, my computer froze trying to load the world map :O

on the screens, it looks a bit weird having outlined buildings, right next to non-outlined ones.

anyway, you're making great progress, everything looks good.
i know it's far off, but are you planning anything as postgame content?
yellow didn't have much aside form mewtwo.

That map is a huge file, 6.25mb

Mewtwo will be available post game, as well as a few quests\events to catch Mew and other unavailable Pokemon.

I'm thinking about possibly Jhoto, nothing decided. Or maybe doing the Sevii Islands, but nothing is decided either way yet.

Anyway, small update. The start of the Safari Zone Area 2

Gnarwinism

Grandson - er, whats his name?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
Should i include the move deleter in Lightning Yellow. It wasn't in the original games, but was in the FRLG remakes, so should i include it in LY?

I think so, since Hms like cut flash and strength become useless as you never use them later in the game. And its not an unfair/overly easy thing, just convenient.

Side question, will the mew truck be back with a mew in it? It would be a cool easter egg to include fan fiction.

DarkDoom3000

Years
Safari Zone Area 2 is done.

Should i include the move deleter in Lightning Yellow. It wasn't in the original games, but was in the FRLG remakes, so should i include it in LY?

Oh most definetly. The lack of a move deletor to remove HMs was a design flaw that needed adressing.

Big deal if it wasn't in the original; It's a vital improvement. And if FR/LG had it, thats more the reason to add it to yours.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
I think so, since Hms like cut flash and strength become useless as you never use them later in the game. And its not an unfair/overly easy thing, just convenient.

Side question, will the mew truck be back with a mew in it? It would be a cool easter egg to include fan fiction.

The truck is not currently in. I might put it in if i can find a hgss version of it

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Looks great, I'll try it when it's complete oh yes, I've got a question, what mystery gift system are you using (File Download or String download?)

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
String, Everything is stored in a database (including who has already obtained a gift) which is printed by a php file called by the game. The gift is then created from the output of the php file

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
String, Everything is stored in a database (including who has already obtained a gift) which is printed by a php file called by the game. The gift is then created from the output of the php file

wow, that's pretty much better than mine.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
I did some damage calcs and realised that light ball does not raise pikachu's stats.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
How far does the beta go? Also when do you think you will be releasing this? When do you think a final complete version will be done?

The current version (version 0.11) goes up to Route 18
You can see what's included by viewing the previous updates and maps spoilers on the first post

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Smallish update.
I've changed the screensize so that the various menus and such work better with the bigger HGSS sprites.

Heres what i have so far for battles. I still need to sort out the enemy battlers y positions but that's easily enough done, just time consuming.
I have the info boxes to do, the pokemon selection screen, move learning screen and item screens to do then battles will be finished then on to the party menu, pokedex and other menus.
Plus i need to resize some of the maps to get rid of blackspace

new-size-ex1.png
new-size-ex2.png

DarkDoom3000

Years
Wow, that looks really good!
<3 the resolution bump. should make use of the fact we're using computers to play.

looks like you have a lot of UI stuff to fix up due to it though, good luck on that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
There'll be quite a bit to fix. The battle layout is almost done.
I got fed up of trying to get the larger sprites to fit on the smaller screen. Also gave me a reason to actually get the various other screens updated

There'll be quite a bit to fix. The battle layout is almost done.
I got fed up of trying to get the larger sprites to fit on the smaller screen. Also gave me a reason to actually get the various other screens updated

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Some new screenshots

new-size-double-battle1.png
new-size-double-battle2.png
new-size-double-battle3.png

New Sized Double Battles

new-size-single-battle1.png
new-size-single-battle2.png