• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Is it possible to RNG with a DSi? If so, how?
I mean, I can't even get started.
The guide on smogon (On the calibration part) says that you have to note the time when you soft reset, but it also says that you have to note the time that you catch the pokémon. Well, I'm confused because we only have one place to put a time and it doesn't say anything, just date and time. To be sure I took notes of everything and introduced both times, but it still couldn't find the seed I hit. Can anybody help me with this step? Please, I'm just stuck here and I'd like to move on :P

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
I finally connected with a friend and went to that person's Black City to invite people to my White Forest. I talked to everyone I could find. My White Forest now is full of trees, people, grass, and ponds. Yet, I can only find a few different Pokemon in the grass. How do I get the other species to show up?

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I finally connected with a friend and went to that person's Black City to invite people to my White Forest. I talked to everyone I could find. My White Forest now is full of trees, people, grass, and ponds. Yet, I can only find a few different Pokemon in the grass. How do I get the other species to show up?

Well, that's strange because I have brought people to my white forest and it has lots of grass, more people there... And I can find each NPC's pokémon.

Maybe you're just not lucky with the odds?
Talk to the people, maybe that will help.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Is it possible to RNG with a DSi? If so, how?
I mean, I can't even get started.
The guide on smogon (On the calibration part) says that you have to note the time when you soft reset, but it also says that you have to note the time that you catch the pokémon. Well, I'm confused because we only have one place to put a time and it doesn't say anything, just date and time. To be sure I took notes of everything and introduced both times, but it still couldn't find the seed I hit. Can anybody help me with this step? Please, I'm just stuck here and I'd like to move on :P

If I remember my bf RNGing with his DSi correctly, he never had to measure the time he caught a Pokemon, only the time he pressed the "Pokemon Black" on the DS menu (to get your seed I recommend using the menu so you can see down to the second what time it is in your DS). Are you measuring the time on another device? Because if that device isn't synchronized down to the second with your DS, then your seed won't be right. That's why you shouldn't soft reset imo.

Each person has specific Pokemon they can make show up. The only way to get more Pokemon is to get more people, as in find more people with Black and visit their Cities as well.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Each person has specific Pokemon they can make show up. The only way to get more Pokemon is to get more people, as in find more people with Black and visit their Cities as well.
I was afraid of that. So I habve to meet more people in real life with the Black version? Does that mean that even if I sync up with my one friend again and make sure I have all of my friend's Black City people visit my White Forest, I still won't be able to make any new Pokemon show up unless I sync with more people IRL?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I was afraid of that. So I habve to meet more people in real life with the Black version? Does that mean that even if I sync up with my one friend again and make sure I have all of my friend's Black City people visit my White Forest, I still won't be able to make any new Pokemon show up unless I sync with more people IRL?

If you get more people with different names from one Black City then you'll get different Pokemon, but you can't get all of them just from one Black City.

does ditto also copys oppents stats when it uses transform cause it stats are BAD

"Transform changes the user's current type, current stats, current stat levels, current moves, current species, current cry, and current catch rate to that of the target's...Transform does not copy the target's status ailments, level, current or maximum HP". -Bulbapedia, so theres your answer.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
does ditto also copys oppents stats when it uses transform cause it stats are BAD
His stats are pretty bad yeah, but like Toujours said, it copies every stat and stat changes of the opponent, except for its HP. Ditto's base HP is 48 though, and if you max out the EV's in that it will be 300 which is pretty decent. And if you Choice Scarf him he would also be able to outspeed his opponent.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
I wasn't sure where to ask this question, so hopefully this is the right place. :p

What is the exact definition of a Flawless pokemon? Is it ALWAYS 31 in every IV, or is a pokemon that never uses it's attack stat (strict special sweeper for instance) still considered flawless with something like 31/25/31/31/31/31? And how does hidden power come into play, for instance if I have a Vulpix that's 31/31/31/31/31/30, the best spread for hidden power ice, is that still considered a "flawless HP ice vulpix" or something, or does that automatically make it a "near flawless"?

Sorry, I'm new and trying to learn all the terminology, figured I should ask for specifics somewhere. :)

Years
I wasn't sure where to ask this question, so hopefully this is the right place. :p

What is the exact definition of a Flawless pokemon? Is it ALWAYS 31 in every IV, or is a pokemon that never uses it's attack stat (strict special sweeper for instance) still considered flawless with something like 31/25/31/31/31/31? And how does hidden power come into play, for instance if I have a Vulpix that's 31/31/31/31/31/30, the best spread for hidden power ice, is that still considered a "flawless HP ice vulpix" or something, or does that automatically make it a "near flawless"?

Sorry, I'm new and trying to learn all the terminology, figured I should ask for specifics somewhere. :)

Flawless means that all 6 stats have an IV of 31. In the case of that Hidden Power Vuplix, say the spread for HP ICE 70, 31/31/31/31/31/30, You'd call it a near-Flawless Pokemon, and make sure to mention somewhere that it has a spread for Hidden Power and isn't flawless, to avoid confusion.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
On RNG reporter is has a few options for us to choose about our game. Well, I'm Portuguese, there isn't a Portuguese game, so does it count as an English game?
(the other languages are japanese, korean, german, french, italian and spanish).

I have been trying to calibrate the RNG reporter, I was able to find the seed I hit (a few times, because others it just didn't find a seed and I happened to get different results on the Timer0), but then when I put an IV spread, find a seed, change the ds settings and start the game... (c-gear off), I use sweet scent, catch the pokémon and then I check the IVs and they have nothing to do with what the RNG reporter said. I've actually tried a few times and I haven't had any luck yet. Can somebody help? =D Thanks in advance.

Lightning86

Phoenix Force
Years
Starting the game! Pokemon Black

Hey Guys!

I bought this game on the day is was released!
But never really got around to playing it til now.

I was told by a friend to save the game just before I pick my starting Pokemon so I can keep resetting until I get a good nature on my starting pokemon!

Well I decided I would like Oshawott or Snivy could do with some advice on who to pick and what nature to try and get on them!

Please can someone help!

Thanks a million!

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
If your looking for an easier run through go with Osawott, Snivy is a bit more defensive, less offensive. Nature wise Samurott does well with an adamant nature. He has more variety in pysical moves. But he can use a modest nature for special atttack if you want.

But you don't have to worry about what nature you have for in-game purposes, any nature will get you though easily enough. So don't worry too much about what natures you have.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Hello! Can you suggest a good ingame moveset for this Pokemons:

Stoutland
Zebstrika
Swoobat
Conkeldurr
Ferrothorn.

I cannot seem to post a new thread in the ingame team help.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hello! Can you suggest a good ingame moveset for this Pokemons:

Stoutland
Zebstrika
Swoobat
Conkeldurr
Ferrothorn.

I cannot seem to post a new thread in the ingame team help.

While the new thread issue will be fixed soon within in-game (I hope?), generally you need to state what attacks you already have for people to improve upon them. We just can't create movesets out of thin-air if we don't have a basic idea of what you want :(

(That wouldn't belong within in-game unless you expanded upon that anyway :x).

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Can I get more Ragecandybars somewhere in the game?
I need them for Darmanitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back