• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: The Ultimate Palette Converter

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
The Ultimate Palette Converter

Hello everyone!

I'm proud to present my new tool. I called it the ultimate palette converter because it supports many formats:

1. AdobeColorTable (.act)
2. AdvanceMap (.pal)
3. AdvancePaletteEditor (.gpl)
4. GIMP (.gpl)
5. IrfanView (.pal)
6. VisualBoyAdvance/TileMolester Alternate (.pal)

How to use: just drag your palette file on exe icon and choose the proper number with the keyboard

NOTE: If you choose AdvanceMap or AdvancePaletteEditor as your output then program will convert only FIRST 16 colors of the palette file (those formats support only 16 colors)

If you have any questions or find any bugs feel free to write in the comments :)

I know my english is bad but I tried my best ;)

PS: Please tell me what do you think about this tool :)

UPDATE (v1.1)

This update was done on BLACK0UT request :)
The AdvanceMap output format now has the colours rounded to multiples of 8 (AM simply messes up the colours that aren't the multiples of 8)

Last edited:
Years
First post :O I'm really surprised nobody has commented on this yet. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for when it comes to tile insertions as manually editing palettes between A-Map and Irfanview is such a pain. Thank you so much!

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
This is great. Straightforward, as well.

It'll save everyone a minute or so here and there.

That adds up to a lot ^_^

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I'm afraid you have an error :(
Steps to reproduce:
* Export 16 color palette from irfanview
* Import with tool
* Export with tool for advance map

Effects:
Red and Blue channels are swapped.

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
I'm afraid you have an error :(
Steps to reproduce:
* Export 16 color palette from irfanview
* Import with tool
* Export with tool for advance map

Effects:
Red and Blue channels are swapped.

Hmm, that's strange. I tried it and it worked for me...
Could you present your problem with screenshots?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Here you are. :o
( Even though the Advance Map palette editor shows the greens being green, that's because my greens had red and green values that were close enough to not be immediately noticed. It's much more apparent in the red, blue, and brown colors however ).

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Here you are. :o
( Even though the Advance Map palette editor shows the greens being green, that's because my greens had red and green values that were close enough to not be immediately noticed. It's much more apparent in the red, blue, and brown colors however ).

I did the same steps as you did (I used your image and palette):
Spoiler:

It is working for me... What is your version of AM?

Years
I Can't believe you were able to update this within a day of me bringing up an error, BRAVO!

Anyways guys, for those of you who use Irfanview, this tool is a gift from the tile gods! No more converting every single pallet color by hand! It works flawlessly with Advance Map 1.92, and if you like 1.95, then i guess you can transfer the pallet on 1.92, then switch to 1.95. Thank you so much Rasenshurikenbum. This will help so many people!

EDIT: Make sure the transparent color is put first on the IrfanView Pallet! This tool is officially perfect^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 12, 2015
Hi, this is to say thank you to Rasenshurikenbum for this tool, it's very useful.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2020
maybe it is stupid question, but how can I make new compressed palette in my rom?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
I know this is an extremely old post, but I can't seem to get the link to work.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I know this is an extremely old post, but I can't seem to get the link to work.

It doesn't work for anyone, I'm afraid. If someone has downloaded this and can provide a link to it, I'll attach it back to the first post.

Back