• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TheGame OOC

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
This is the OOC Thread for TheGame.

The full Thread is located Here: (Placeholder)

~~~~~~

PLOT: "Hellllo Contestant!"

A loud booming voice pierces the darkness and awakens an ache deep within your brain. Youreyes slowly flutter open, but you can't make anything out in front of you. Your arms and legs lie limp, and despite your greatest efforts, you are unable to move them. The voice cuts in again.

"Don't worry too much about the paralysis, It will wear off in a few minutes-BUT FIRST, I have to explain the game to you. To begin, your goal is to survive. Of course, it's not *quite* that simple. Youare not the only contestant in this challenge! There are 11 others, eachfighting for the same thing you are: life. Their actions will likely be unpredictable. You could find that they'll make an alliance with you, or maybe they'll kill you just to eliminate a possible threat. Who knows? Not I. Or do I? Probably not, no... ANYWAY, You should be able to move now, so please sit up and observe your surroundings."

You slowly pull yourself up into a sitting position and take a look around you. the room you're in is circular and cramped, barely reaching 7 feet across. Inthe center of the floor you notice a small cut out circle. There isn't anything else in the room that draws your immediate attention, and after a few moments the booming voice resonates from unseen speakers once more.

"When the game begins, a small pedestal will rise out of the floor. Within the pedestal, you will find a small box. This box will contain everything you need to get started, as well as your new best friend(s)."

The voice pauses for a moment, and the comes ack in a quieter, far more serious tone.

"I'm not going to lie. This challenge will push you farther than anything else ever has. You might lose who you are as a person along the way. Your humanity will be tested to the fullest extent. I wish you luck."

The voice cuts out. A feminine voice quickly replaces it.

"The Game shall begin in a few moments. Your goal is to survive for as long as you can. The lives of others don't matter. You are to do whatever you can to keep yourself alive. It is recommended that you trust no one, but you are free to form Alliances as you wish. Now, a countdown from 3 shall begin, and the pedestal will rise. Grab your box and the door leading to the outside will open. The Game begins in 3...2...1...

~~~~~~~

SU Sheet:

Name: (Your character's name, even though they don't remember. They will be referred to by number)

Appearance: (What does your character look like? 2-3 Paragraphs)

History: (While your character might not remember it, the voice probably will. 2-3 Paragraphs)

Personality: (How does your character act? Are they a hero? A villain? do they protect? Are they a lone wolf? Do they prefer to work with others? Will they stick with their pokemon until the end? 2-3 Paragraphs)

RP Sample: (Show me how you RP. I expect a medium-high quality post here, you're showcasing your RP skills, and I'm going to be making my decision about whether or not I'l let you in based partially on this post. Get creative. make this about anything you choose. You can use a segment from a previous RP if you wish. Minimum of 3 paragraphs.)

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
The Voice:

To all those who care or can listen. I shall tell you all I can about the game.

First and foremost, the game is presented to you for your enjoyment. Betting is allowed and encouraged! You are allowed to bet on who you think will win, who will die first, most painfully, etc.!

All contestants are picked based on the ***** that are sent in by *** ********* Clients

after many have been picked, the viewers(YOU) Vote on who is going to be in the top ten. then, the games begin.

There are no stunt doubles on The Game, and all actions are their own. If you like a particular Contestant, feel free to let me know, and I'll consider helping them out. Of course if you wish to help out one contestant, you shall have to damage another. I don't care how you pick them, you just have to pick one to save the other.

This has been, The Voice~

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
So, in explanation, us as the players are immediately going to decide the first two killed off in this thread?

or what exactly is the Voice trying to get at?

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
no.

Say you want to give a character an advantage. You'd PM me two names, and I'd give one the advantage, and give the other a disadvantage.

Like, Your character is running low on food. You'd PM me saying your character's name, the kind of advantage you'd need, and another player's name. From there the voice will engineer a suitable disadvantage for the other character.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Thanks for clearing that up. :3

So, do we decide this once everyone has their accepted SU's before the start the first mission, or....?

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
Whenever you feel like your character is going to die without something, or if you really need an item to progress, just send me a PM. just remember, I will not be allowing abuse of this system as the voice will decline if your request is outrageous or you're relying on it to much. And remember, the other characters can dispose of your character, and I wouldn't call The Voice "Tight-Lipped"

Also, We'll probably be starting tonight or tomorrow depending on how long it takes the remaining 6 to get their SUs up. The RP proceeds at its own pace as the first few posts will be you surviving in the wilderness alone.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Awww, yeah. Calixte is all for this. I sincerely hope someone gets into an alliance with her, because she'd gladly send them down the river for herself. And once she gets what she wants, she doesn't care if they find out she did it.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
Yeah, Knowledge is important.

ALSO, Starting posts should be up in an hour or so for those of you who have a completed SU in.

[EDIT]
Are any of your characters Vegetarian?

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Pardon, but, since we recieve our pokeball(s) in the box, don't we need to know what Pokemon we got and what other tools we've obtained before we start our first post?

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
Yes, that Is correct. I'm in the process of writing up everyone's starting post. Also kiyoshi, if you want a pokemon of a specific type, PM me now.

Strikit

Years
Kiiiiip. I just saw that you told everyone not to have their characters fall for Calixte. It would have been sooo fun to have her bite some heads off, but now everyone knows to steer clear. What a pity.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
*Chuckles*

It was really more of a suggestion. Perhaps you should Post Calixte's photo, it might turn a few heads ;)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
From what I saw in the currently completed starter posts, I am absolutely thrilled for what mine is going to be. :3

Penelope will freak out regardless.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
Hehe, Well there are only 4 Biomes at this point, and 3 trainers will start in each one, but they're going to be a mile or two apart. The Area you're located in, also known as The Dome, Is easy the size of one of Hawaii's larger islands, and is likely much bigger.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
Wonderful Strikit. Your posts never fail to impress me.

The small watch that gripped Calixte's belt loop hissed with mechanical static. Moments later the voice came through it, less impressive now that he didn't have a powerful speaker behind it.

"Why hello my dear. It is good to see that you're already off to a good start. You even have some extra food for the times ahead. although I can't say I approve of Buneary, there are some much tastier options available for you. Wouldn't you prefer some rare Timber-Mightyena? This is one of the few places in the world where you canfind them, and I hear that they are a most delectable delicacy. Ahh... But I am not here to talk to you about food number four. I wish to speak of the Game. I know you haven't had much time to experience it, but I feel I must ask, are you enjoying it? Iaim to please."

The sniper cocked his gun, and the sound echoed throughout the forest. He moved his red dot sight across the snow and up Calixte's body, until it rested right between her eyes.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
She's a killer- queen! Gunpowder, Gelatine. Dynamite with a laser beam! Guaranteed to blow your mind, Anytime!

*shot*

I loved your first post, Strikit! I could imagine her snapping the little necks of ech individual buneary. Very vivid. Gave me some inspiration.

Strikit

Years
*lots and lots of bowing*

Thank you, thank you vurry much. I was originally going to make it worse, but I'm saving that for the Mightyena.

That sniper is some scary stuff, man.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
()

The two adult Buneary shuddered in the cold outside of their burrow. That woman had come and murdered their children. The approaching sounds of footsteps caused them to flinch. Was that her? did she come back to finish them? The black boots strode across the fresh snow crunch by satisfying crunch. The Buneary let instinct take over, and began to run for their lives. With a speed that seemed inhuman, the tall figure reached out and grabbed the two furballs. He gripped them tightly and smiled, revealing two rows of sharpened teeth.

"I bet you miss your children don't you? It's okay. You'll have your vengeance."

The man injected one with a small syringe and began to walk away with them.

"I promise"

~~~~

ALSO: Check out what Strikit made! It's a Timber Mightyena AND a Timer Buneary!

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Back