• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Honest

Hi!
Years
Dead Space/Dead Space 2. Is it a game worth getting? (I'm a HUGE Resident Evil fan, and heard that it's similar to it)

Also, does it matter if I don't get the first and only the second?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
Aion players?

I just got the game~ I'M COMPLETELY NEW TO GAMING.
So would anyone else know which class would be best? I'm stuck between Scout or Mage. Or which of those classes are best? Positives, negatives.... heeeeelp?
Really...? It says this thing has got 184 views so far... There's GOT to be someone on here!!!

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I just got the game~ I'M COMPLETELY NEW TO GAMING.
So would anyone else know which class would be best? I'm stuck between Scout or Mage. Or which of those classes are best? Positives, negatives.... heeeeelp?
Really...? It says this thing has got 184 views so far... There's GOT to be someone on here!!!
Well a Scout and a Mage are very different in any game, really. Mage's are more of long distance fighters, they generally have lower defense, HP, and Physical Attack, but they are versatile and have strong (and elemental) spells (such as healing spells, protective spells, and attack spells), they are often good for playing with other people, but you can solo the game yourself. Scouts, on the other hand, are a mesh between short and long range but aren't adept in magic. They have more HP and physical attack than mages but aren't as strong as dedicated physical characters.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This might be odd, so bear with me. But I just bought a Game Boy Color and the start button is like...well I have to dig my thumbnail into it for it to work lol. Also, though not as important, the D-pad is a bit stiff. Are GBCs always like this or will these buttons loosen up over time as I play it more? I didn't have a GBC when I was younger, so lol thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance! Sorry that this is an unconventional question, haha.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
This might be odd, so bear with me. But I just bought a Game Boy Color and the start button is like...well I have to dig my thumbnail into it for it to work lol. Also, though not as important, the D-pad is a bit stiff. Are GBCs always like this or will these buttons loosen up over time as I play it more? I didn't have a GBC when I was younger, so lol thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance! Sorry that this is an unconventional question, haha.
After repeated use it will start to loosen, it's nothing to worry about.

Years
Should I get a GBA?

Well, I have recently gotten back into obsessing over Pokemon, I was thinking of getting a GameBoy Advanced at Gamestop for like 20-30 dollars.
I have a DSi XL that i love :) but sadly it doesnt come with a GameBoy game slot. (BOO!)
SO I ask all of you if i should get one.
(if this is in the wrong forum please tell me, I'm still figuring out where everything goes)

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2012
Hello There!

You can buy a Gameboy Emulator for PC and play pokemon for free, any game on your PC

Check out my youtube channel Dynomuff for More information or help setting one up.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
"Buy" a Gameboy emulator? LOL

Anyways, you can find a Gameboy for really cheap prices in Swap Meets or in Flea Markets. I've found plenty of them.
That or you could just buy one online.

As for your question, first answer this: "So I'm just gonna have game cartridges for nothing?"

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I would get a Game Boy SP. Hate to knock my most nostalgic handheld, but once you get something with a backlight, it's hard as hell to go back to old handheld consoles without one. So if you can get an SP, that would be the better option. Plays Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance games like a pro because it has a backlight. Only problem would be locating a charger.

btw, I totally understand the feeling of wanting to play games on the real deal console. I am not a fan of emulators at all. There's something quite nice about holding the console or controller in your hand and playing it the way it's supposed to be played. :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I suggest you get an SP like Sydian said. I just got one back in December and remember first turning it on to play my Sapphire. I had a GBA but that broke on me and it took a while for me to adjust to how bright the backlight was. It's also not as bright as the DS's backlight which is also why it felt so different, but the GBA doesn't have a very bright screen and can't be played in the dark without a light accessory.
I had one of the twisty kinds for my Game Boy Color.(also known as a worm light)
Spoiler:

It's a little less cheaper to buy a SP which was a backlight built in than buy a GBA and a light accessory IMO. Plus it can play Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advanced games just like the GBA.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's a little less cheaper to buy a SP which was a backlight built in than buy a GBA and a light accessory IMO. Plus it can play Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advanced games just like the GBA.

Even though the worm light is cheaper (I had two...I hate that I can't find them though!), I found it unhelpful and a bit of a nuisance, especially for GBA games which have a bigger screen. The worm light only illuminates a small spectrum (lol like Flash in RSE!) and gets a lot of glares. Granted, it's been years since I've used one.

Anyway, if I bought an original Green Version, would it work on my American Game Boy? Or Color, Advance, SP, whichever I play it on, lol.

And speaking of regional things, if I bought a French 3DS game from Quebec, would that still be in the same region as the USA? Or would the region lock get me when I play it on my 3DS? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for all the help guys :)
Where could i get the GBA SP? Or should i just get the GB...
Im terrible at making decisions haha. It was hard to just pick my starter Pokemon too.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can find SPs at local gaming stores if you have any, and possibly GameStop though I wouldn't bank on it. You might have luck online, though if you choose to buy one offline, Amazon would be your better choice.

Years
Well, I found a solution (if i don't get the GBA later) because i have a DS Lite that i had for about 4-5 years and the touch screen broke, i mean if you want to touch then it will take a while or won't happen. BUT as we all know GBA games had no touch screen (way to state the obvious -.-) and i can use it for GB games!! WOO! :D
Although, i may get a GB or GBA SP cause the screen is all flimsy and such...
Anywho, thanks for the help guys :) I wouldve bought anything...
Now... What Pokemon game to get >:)

Honest

Hi!
Years
Any good co op campaign games I can play with my sister? She's the cool type who likes stuff like Resident Evil 5 (which I have) but anything's welcome. Suggestions?

Back