• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Video Gaming (V3)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Day 03 - A video game that is underrated

I-Ninja.

A platforming game in which you control a ninja who have to save the world with the help of your sensei who died in the beginning of the game.
Every level is completely different from the previous ones and the boss battles are always different too. You also have so many moves to use from; you can double jump, fly with your sword, you can run up walls, wall jump, grind on rails, swing with your grappling hook, run at high speed like in Sonic games and you can also become a ball like in Super Monkey Ball.
The NPCs are smart when you're battling so you can't only hack and slash, you gotta use different sets of moves to defeat them.
The boss matches can differ from defeating a flock of boats from reaching the bay to a boxing match with a huge robot.
The controls are very fluid and easy to play, the game gets a bit difficult after some time but the high number of checkpoints makes it dying friendly.
You also have a level up system for the color of your belt and the color of your sword. So you'll always want to level those up since it helps you with enemies in the game.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Day 03 - A game that is underrated

I can't really think of any games I've played that people don't like or don't give enough credit to. I guess I'll go with Puzzle Agent (and to a lesser extent, Puzzle Agent 2) because not many people have played them. They're not great games but I really loved their art style and atmosphere and I wish more people would pick the games up. Similar feelings about Ben There, Dan That, which is a hilarious British point and click adventure.

Years
Day 1- Your Favourite Video Games

Final Fantasy VII-
One of the finest RPG's I ever played. An excellent story combined with a battle system that allowed you to pour some time into it without going overboard with the complexity, It hasn't aged well graphically, but it's music is still memorable to a T. A mind bending villian, and one of the gamings most endearing bad motha's Sephiroth.

Bastion- An Action RPG that's all heart. A game so atmospheric that your are immediately sucked in and you stay that way throughout the entire game. The deep grass rooty voice of the narrator as he guides you along, the wonderful variety of enemies, weapons, buffs, and even Halo Skull like difficulty modifiers, all in which the narrator takes note of as your travel onward as you try to discover what exactly happened to your world. Every character has a purpose and is well written. The soundtrack is so wonderful it's to this day the only soundtrack I've purchased...

Day 2- What is your least favourite Game

Sonic 06-
The reboot of the Sonic the Hedgehog series that was released muti-platform for both the Xbox 360 and Ps3. It was an overall failure in all departments, save one. (It's Soundtrack) Game Breaking glitches, mediocre graphics, and over world that is boring and far to large. It had an interesting set of levels, but every single one of them had flaws in design causing them to be semi-unplayable at the worst of times. A boss battle that was so broken it was suddenly much harder then it should of been. A storyline that is both bland and has alot of moments of previously established characters acting out of character (The biggest victim being Sonic himself). It's a mess, and from someone who enjoys Sonic deeply, it's just dissapointing.

Day 3- A Game that is underrated.

Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Reviz
Mana Khemia is a Jrpg that was released for the Playstation 2. It's a game that I feel fell of the radar quickly despite having some very good qualities about it. Granted it has it's problems, there are some framerate issues which could very well turn people off. If you can get past though, you discover and JRPG with some very fun characters, battle system, and an alchemy system that allows you some fairly interesting customization. There also is not levelling in the game. Everything is tied to what you create through your alchemy, and the items you create give you buffs and abilities when placed onto a grid. It reminds me a bit of the Sphere's in FFX or the Licences in XII.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

I think for the previous thread my answer was the Baten Kaitos games, but this time I'll go with Dual Hearts for the PS2. A couple years ago I was buying all these obscure/unknown PS2 games off Ebay (lol), and this happened to be one of them. Released pretty much at the same time as the original Kingdom Hearts makes it easy to understand why it was overshadow. The game kinda has the same play style and feel to it as KH, but nowhere near the polish. Even so, it has a certain charm about that it that I really enjoyed.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
No idea. I don't think I've played much that isn't from some sort of popular franchise

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
To be honest, I don't have a good answer for this since I mostly play well-known games. If I had to pick one, it would be...I don't know, Supreme Commander 2. It's pretty fun play but it doesn't seem to get as many players as it should.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022

Most games that people talk about which are underrated are games I actually know. I can't really say anything to this though, although if I did it would probably be a bunch of indie titles like cave story and Ben there dan that.

ll say though that rare's Viva Pinata series was quite overlooked as a whole die to Microsoft's purchase of ware and there overall diminishing quality of there games. About the game itself - it's a weird mix between Pokemon and animal crossing with some elements from harvest moon thrown in.

Years
Day 04 - Your favorite video game accessory(s)

If I had to go with my one favorite gaming accessory, it would have to be my Action Replay Max that I had for my Playstation 2. Looking back on it, I rarely used it for any sort of actual cheating, but the fact that it gave me the ability to import other people's gamesaves right onto my memory card was mindblowing for me back in 2004. It also gave me the ability to play Sega Genesis ROMs on my PS2 from a CD-R, which I thought was pretty awesome, too.

Another of my favorites would easily have to go to the game link cable for the Game Boy (Color), since trading and battling with others really added a whole new dimension to Pokemon. Lastly, as essential as it is, I love my digital camo PS3 controller, since all I had before that were the standard ones for any of my consoles.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
Years
Rune factory and harvest moon can sometimes be underrated
My reshiam keyring, pokemon strap and pokemon stylus and my twin (my most favourite accessory)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

I really love those stickers that you can add on to your game consoles or handheld devices to make them look stylish. Also, I do enjoy specialized styluses like those pokemon ones, as well as this light that I used to have that was specifically for the Game Boy Advance, which worked well in dark places.

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
Day 03 - video game that is underrated

Pokemon black and white. Now obviously I'm guessing that the majority of people in this for enjoy or at least tolerate these games, but they are constantly being criticized by genwunners, average people and even prevalent Pokemon fans.
Now, first of all, these games have undeniable the best storyline of any main series Pokemon game. Not only does the story actually teach a lesson, it helps to better understand the Pokemon world. Not to mention it's realistic but at the same time fantastic.
Also, as with every generation, gen V helped improve moves effeciantly , as well as increased gameplay to a better level.

Tackling the criticism of "stupid Pokemon", I can list a much longer list of gen 1 Pokemon (as well as all other gens) that are based off the same "stupid" principals of gen 5 Pokemon. I love Pokemon like muk, and jynx but things lik them are just as bizarre as the new gens

De-Cals I suppose, I'm not very big on accessories

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Was never too big on accessories. I did have a Action Replay for the Game Boy, but never figured out how to actually use it, lol. I kinda enjoyed the Super Game Boy for the SNES (if that counts) but other than that, nothing else comes to mind.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

Nintendo's Speedboard.

Uhm...I would say... the DDR mat. Since I like DDR and it was a arcarde only game, until they released the home version of the game with the mat :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years

Completely useless now but I'm gonna go ahead and say the worm light for GB(C). It made it possible to play the games in the dark and as far as usefulness, I can't really think of any other accessory that measures up.

For something more recent, I'll say my hot pink PS Vita case. :D It's the Hori Hard Pouch and I only got it the other week for my birthday but it's so nice to be able to carry my Vita around safely in something that isn't an old mitten. I love the colour.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Day 4-What is your favorite accessory?

Super Game Boy!

The SuperNES equivalent of the Game Boy Player for the GameCube. In the days before the Game Boy Color, this let us play our Game Boy games with some colour. Like with the GBC, some older games had colour palettes built into the SGB. Other games were built for the SGB and had colour on par with early GBC games. Later on, the non-exclusive GBC games would work on the cartridge too. Custom borders. Some games got improved music or two player functionality through the SNES controllers.

If you weren't playing a game that made use of any of these features, you could still configure the colour a bit - didn't look great though. Like the palettes you could cycle through on the GBC but with many more options.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Day 04 - Your favourite video game accessory(s)

I really like the mouse I use for my computer for gaming and general use. I also picked up a cheap gamepad at Game for about £10 and I use it for my PC and Tablet and it works really well. It also has turbo functions so I can make games ridiculous easy as well!

I also like the stylus I have for my 3DS and Wii U I got from a accessory pack for a 3DS. It's shaped like a pen and feels very comfortable.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Day 04 - Your favourite video game accessory(s)

My favorite video game accessory is probably my metal styluses for my DSi. I got tired of buying plastic ones that always seemed to break in some weird way, so I got these and haven't bought a replacement set yet.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Day 05 - Your favourite video game character(s)

Let's see...

Some of my favourite video game characters include Yuri Lowell, from Tales of Vesperia, because he has quite the spoinky attitude when it came to situations, plus, he has quite the sarcastic side too, which is always cool. There's also Arietta, the Wild from Tales of Abyss, because she's really cute, and I'm really sad that she turned out to be a villain, because she had the potential to be a hero, and 'part of the hero group'.There's also Ange Serena, from Tales of Innocence, in which if you've played Tales of Abyss, you'll see that she's essentially a female Jade. Pascal from Tales of Graces, because she's just... crazy.

Special mentions go to:
~ Rita from Tales of Vesperia
~ Zelos from Tales of Symphonia
~ Nanaly from Tales of Destiny 2
~ Lorne from Tales of Legendia
~ Arche from Tales of Phantasia
~ and Raven from Tales of Vesperia

Outside of the Tales series, (and I already said this on another thread) for the Sonic characters, I would say my favourite character from the Sonic series would have to be Tails and, well, if she counts, Wave the Swallow, because they're both pretty brilliant when it comes to technology. Well, granted, Dr. Eggman is also pretty brilliant and I like him too, but, I just... don't care for his personality sometimes. I just really like Tails's bright and happy side, with a strong desire to help his friends out with technology, and with Wave, you know -- she's someone that knows what she wants, and well, I do like her kind of "spunky" yet snobby attitude.

Special mentions go to:
~ Juri from Street Fighter
~ Ema Skye from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
~ Maya Fey from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Day 05 - Your favourite video game character(s)

I would say... Toad. He's just so cute and lovable with his mushroom hat on his head :)

Back