• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrath

Pokemon Lurid Creator
Years
It means reinserting the tiles into a different part of the tileset. As I've had the pleasure of seeing this ROM Base myself too, I know this is fairly difficult due to lack of space, so I have no idea how you can fix it really.

Hmm, I'll look into it more if all goes bad then i'll switch ROM-bases. Thanks for the information.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
More out of curiosity than anything else: what is it exactly that makes the ghost pokemon in pokemon tower (FR/LG) be all 'ghosty'? I've tried setting the flags associated with it (from the research/development thread I found that it was 0x037, as well as another flag that I can't remember for item pickup), but that accomplished nothing. Also, even without all those flags, simply giving the silph scope made the ghost pokemon visible. Also, there didn't seem to be any mapscripts that could possibly cause the effect, and weather, battle type, etc. also don't seem to influence this in any way. It's easy enough to find a way around this problem (simply giving the player the SS :P), but again, I'm feeling curious. If anyone knows anything about this, would be great!

Arthur.

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
So, I've figured out how to work with tilesets and tileset palettes pretty much now, I've successfully replaced the default tree with my own and edited and messed around around with the greenery palette to make it a bit darker and more lush looking but I've run into a problem.

My palette is fine, but there's this ugly little thing:
TilesetError.png

How do I make it look like this?
TilesetProper.png

I tried recoloring the mismatched color using palette 0 (even making it transparent by coloring it black in palette 0) but to no avail. Some attempts do nothing while some botch the color and make it look worse. I have figured out which tile it is though, and it's this one (it's edited, though to make which part is doing this clearer):
TilesetKnown.png

Gyrath

Pokemon Lurid Creator
Years
So, I've figured out how to work with tilesets and tileset palettes pretty much now, I've successfully replaced the default tree with my own and edited and messed around around with the greenery palette to make it a bit darker and more lush looking but I've run into a problem.

TilesetError.png

TilesetProper.png

I tried recoloring the mismatched color using palette 0 (even making it transparent by coloring it black in palette 0) but to no avail. Some attempts do nothing while some botch the color and make it look worse. I have figured out which tile it is though, and it's this one (it's edited, though to make which part is doing this clearer):
TilesetKnown.png

Ok, First off you have your ground (or grass w/e you call it) colour which is in palette 0, yeah?
The ugly little thing" is in palette 11. I think palette 6 & up is originally for building but who cares.
1st things 1st is finding the "ugly little thing" colour in the palette editor (palette 11).
2nd thing is changing the RGB of the ugly thing which is by defualt 112,200,16 to your grass/ground colours which is found in palette 0.
After that, load new blocks and see if it worked, just reply if you have any more problems. :)

Rivn

Your current user title is
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2014

TilesetError.png

TilesetProper.png

TilesetKnown.png
Try to edit palette 11 instead. It should be color 14 RGB(112, 200, 160) by default. Im pretty sure you'll know how to fix it.

Damn Gyrath, ninja'd.

Last edited:

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
Ok, First off you have your ground (or grass w/e you call it) colour which is in palette 0, yeah?
The ugly little thing" is in palette 11. I think palette 6 & up is originally for building but who cares.
1st things 1st is finding the "ugly little thing" colour in the palette editor (palette 11).
2nd thing is changing the RGB of the ugly thing which is by defualt 112,200,16 to your grass/ground colours which is found in palette 0.
After that, load new blocks and see if it worked, just reply if you have any more problems. :)
Thanks, dude, it worked! :D

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2013
An hour of tinkering with Tile Layer Pro and Googling after my post yesterday, I found out that the Frames in Pokemon Crystal are in 1BPP Format and managed to change it along with the main Fonts and most of the map tiles.

Now I'm trying to change the sprites for the objects found inside buildings such as tables, tv, computer, etc. For some reason I can't find the sprites by opening VBA's Map and Tile Viewer, taking note of the address, palette, etc. Open the Memory Viewer to locate the tile's address, and search for about 5 - 6 bytes found in the address in a hex editor. It can't locate such string.

I found the tile for the bed post and managed to edit it but I can't find the rest of the tiles. I now doubt that those images are compressed but are just scattered. Let me see if Tile Molester is much better than TLP as what most people say....

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
Can someone help me with replacing the house tiles for tileset 0/1? I tried, but it's so difficult to align them correctly without fubaring it and getting some tiling error and such.

Rivn

Your current user title is
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2014
Is there any way to make the doors on Emerald behave the same like the doors on FireRed do? I don't like the idea of using a two tile-height door since I can't get it to work regardless of how much effort I put in this. I am going to use mainly FR tiles for my Emerald hack, but editing the animation so that the top door tile is transparent (which in my eyes is a bad solution) doesn't work. I tried both Door Manager and a classic tile viewer in order to get a decent result - without success.

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Anyone know how to add specials?

Specials are just ASM routines. They are organized so that their pointers are all in a nice big table which is referenced by the Special commands. For example, special 0x12, will reference the 0x12th slot in that table and call the routine from there. Basically a simplified callasm command. So, if you know the location of the table (I'll give you a hint: in JPAN's first release of his hacked engine, there was a notes file........) you can fill in some of the "empty" slots (the ones with routines that do nothing but loop back to the script) and put in your own routines.

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
I actually have the table in my visitor messages. Ill give it to ya:
0x15FD60 is the table. Just follow what karatekid said.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
thank you guys for the responses. ASM is not all that scary anymore XD

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
[FONT="Special Elite]Uh, just thought I'd pop in with a question.

Does anyone know the list of "suggested" names of the hero and heroine in Pokémon FireRed? Like the ones generated by the Professor if we leave our name blank? I just need the text, and then I can shoot out the offsets with a text editor...
[/FONT]

karatekid552

Years
[FONT="Special Elite]Uh, just thought I'd pop in with a question.

Does anyone know the list of "suggested" names of the hero and heroine in Pokémon FireRed? Like the ones generated by the Professor if we leave our name blank? I just need the text, and then I can shoot out the offsets with a text editor...
[/FONT]

Look at the end of the quick research thread in R&D. There is a post by Knizz about skipping parts of the intro and the default names are listed. I don't know about the suggested names, but you could probably find the offsets with A-text.

Years
Hello fellow pokecommunity'ers :)

I have a question that ive tried to look up and i sadly cant find the answer to, it would be helpful if someone can at least give me possible reasons for what im doing wrong. Im starting a hack just to test my abilities and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently started tile inserting. Im pretty good at it, So far ive added trees, grass, the ground and i tried to add a house to my hack. everything seemed fine until i warped through the door and got this ( see attachment at bottom)

For some reason, the tiles around the door show the door animation and it doesnt go away. Again, any suggestions would be very helpful.

your friend, Besj08

karatekid552

Years
Hello fellow pokecommunity'ers :)

I have a question that ive tried to look up and i sadly cant find the answer to, it would be helpful if someone can at least give me possible reasons for what im doing wrong. Im starting a hack just to test my abilities and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently started tile inserting. Im pretty good at it, So far ive added trees, grass, the ground and i tried to add a house to my hack. everything seemed fine until i warped through the door and got this ( see attachment at bottom)

For some reason, the tiles around the door show the door animation and it doesnt go away. Again, any suggestions would be very helpful.

your friend, Besj08

This is kind of funny, becuase just on the last page of this thread, this same type of thing happened with a rom base. Look for posts by Gyrath and then an answer by Banjora Marxvile and there you shall find your answer.

Gyrath

Pokemon Lurid Creator
Years
This is kind of funny, becuase just on the last page of this thread, this same type of thing happened with a rom base. Look for posts by Gyrath and then an answer by Banjora Marxvile and there you shall find your answer.

I still haven't been able to fix this problem. :( Im seriously thinking of just starting over because of this :P

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Remember, ROM Bases are only meant to be a base to start on, you could start again and just copy and paste the tiles over into a clean ROM, and being careful by keeping an eye out for when the tiles mess up with that animation appearing (by keeping back ups so you know exactly what areas not to use), and you may be fine using it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back