• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Re-thought

ErnVern

Banned
Years
I'm going to try and take on the pokemon genre by completely thinking up a whole new concept. Instead of just sprites doing lame move, maybe they should actually open their mouth for a flamethrower or put their hands to their head for confusion. And maybe the trainers should be in on the action instead of just in the beginning of the battle. Maybe The trainer should say the command, Like say you want charmander to use ember. The trainer would move their mouth, point and say "charmander use ember"...And It would be cool if there was more RPG elements like choosing wich attributes to raise and new abillities to learn along with more than only four moves at a time. This project could even go 3D if some one took the time to program, model, and stuff. I know you could never do this in a rom so maybe in RMXP or GameMaker? When I get my new computer I will Work on this project. And yes i know it will be tons of programming and tons of line of dialouge but hey why not do sumthing constructive...Please let me know what you guys think of this idea

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Yea. It was a good idea. But then, you'll need a lot of work.
For everyone Pokemon you need to make their status sprite.
But good luck, I really like the idea.

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
You seem to have a lot of ideas, but you don't even know yet what you want to make it in. That seems to imply that you have no experience with game creation. You should perhaps take a slightly smaller project first to get used to something before you dive into a project this big with no experience.

ErnVern

Banned
Years
Thanks oh by the way omega i just got done reading your outlaw hunter project...and in this idea of mine the fighting could be just like the battle screenshot.

Back