• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Heat Of The Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
I felt the need to comment on your plot, my comments are in bold.

Thank god. Was waiting for someone like you to post about the story. I will indeed use your questions to make the right adjustments of my story and hopefully produce a better one, writing down stories is not my strong point. Making them appear in game however is another thing.

Hmm the story is ok~ Better than most of the projects here though :D

But about your sprites, don't be a spriter if you're already not good at it... :O
Are you going to make a game or spend most of your time making your spriting skills better?
You're probably good at scripting and mapping etc... You can't do just about "everything" you know.
I wasn't trying to offend you in anyway, this is just my advice.

Yeah, I got strong and weak points in spriting and I tend to give a small amount of time left over to improve them. I focus alot more on the strong points I have and give at least some time to my weak points. Good guess with the scripting and mapping.

Well, may aswell show one of the maps just to give a slight idea of what I have planned for the story. With this said, I thank you for posting. Make mistakes and learn from them is the best thing for me to do within game development. But at the moment progress is going to be slightly slow with me being too tired each day after work experience.
Spoiler:

carmaniac

Years
Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to see what people thought of a drawing I decided to do for the game.
Spoiler:

carmaniac

Years
Well guys, here is another update showing the process of me making the menu of my game.
capture008.jpg
capture009.jpg

carmaniac

Years
Well guy's I have been doing work on my game for the past month of this thread being closed and this is what I've been working on slowly.
Each week I will show up a screenshot every friday.
For the first shot of the month:
capture029.png

So far the menu is half complete but the screenshot mainly focus's on the ruins islands.
And yes this is a fully functional touch screen working if you all are wondering xD.
Credits:
Tiles:
Hydrargirium - from deviantart
Newtiteuf - from deviantart

Last edited:

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Wow! This is great!! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Keep up the good work mate!!

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Like I already said, this looks fantastic, just those few things I mentioned :)

carmaniac

Years
Thanks for the comments guys, it's taking the while. The coding has hit around 300 lines now.
But here's a mini update/sneak peek of what's to be seen within the game. I am producing a screenshot and video.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

You can see the video here if you can't see the video.
And if you can't see the image you can see it here.

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
That's so awesome! I love how you have brand new tiles. [aside from going into the resource center and getting some, like I did, or maybe you did, I just haven't seen them yet, I still think they're good though!]
Oh look, me rambling... again!
I tried getting my dual screen to work, but it messed up some part in almost all of my scripts, so I just junked the project.. but I had a back up! :D
Keep up the good work! This is coming along very well!

carmaniac

Years
Thank you very much for the post, it gives me inspiration when someone like you posts things like that :).
I found most of the tiles at deviantart although I've been making additions to the tiles myself with what I need. Unfortunate for your's not to work but once you get used to using a mouse module it ends up being very easy using common knowledge of Ruby.

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Glad to give you inspiration! :D
And I kind of JUST started RMXP this week!
I started it maybe a month after I joined, I joined for help with my hack, then I strayed a little in looked in here found about how its much easier [which probably sounds with the only few programs for RMXP and the many for Rom hacking]
But, I just started, so my knownledge of any scripting comes from when I used to play ROBLOX a year or two ago, It got way too childish, I liked the way it worked, but ehh, I'm done with that place. Oh, and they used a modified Lua engine.
So, I understand If then, Variables, Switches, all the simple stuff, but I'm not very advanced YET.
Wowy! Me Rambling.. Haha sorry!
A simplified version of what I was saying
I started RMXP Recently and I don't know much about Ruby Scripting, My only previous knownledge of any scripting is a modified Lua Engine and HTML and a LITTLE CSS.
I'm pretty much using the built in functions that came with RMXP at the moment. But, maybe in the future I can get my scripting levels to an applicable level.

carmaniac

Years
Ok guys and gals, this is just a quite post showing the progress of the completely new layout of my menu.
Almost complete now with just the pokemon party displaying to go.
capture036.jpg

Edit:
I notice the pixel errors in the screen size and I just fixed it.

Last edited:
Years
I really love the way this menu is going, nice job on working out the talk button yourself too :3

Also, really nice ruin tiles!

Years
Wow this is coming along well good work i wish i was as good as you but i am trying i have gotten back into making a Pokemon but well i think once i know how to script it will be fine and did you use the Pokemon essentials Kit for this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back