• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Social Network Society

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Are you conscious when posting personal stuff on the Internet aka pics, vids, statuses, etc?

Yeah, because I mean like anyone can look at it. If there's pictures then I don't really care but you gotta be careful about what you post. Ugh, that's why I don't have my parents added. They would snoop like 24/7 and comment on everything!!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Are you conscious when posting personal stuff on the Internet aka pics, vids, statuses, etc?

For me, I am very conscious of my posting and I hate it when my relatives judge me when I ever post something on my Facebook if I even post something.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
A pet peeve I have when it comes to social networking is when someone posts a status about anything like "I just finished my homework!" and people like family members or anyone that doesn't know a thing about social media are starting a conversation within that status. Even debates too. I had several "debates" in several pictures of mine about the simplest things like "who was at the party?" or "was the food good" and etc. I love my facebook friends and all, but sometimes, they need to think twice when they post. That's kind of one of the reasons why I am conscious about what I post. But hey, it's the internet. lol

Salzorrah

Years
I actually hate it when relatives like say "That's not right!" "Delete this post right now, you're being rude" etc etc and tbh it is kind of irritating as the Internet is like the only place you can unwind from the real world and seeing the judgement in your posts really makes your gears grind...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Pictures would be a great example. xD Glad there's a "tell <person> to take down photo" command, but some peeps do take it really seriously.

Actual transcript of my facebook chat about a picture I had. Names have been replaced.

> Bob asked you to take down your picture.
*opens chat*
> "Hey Bob, what's wrong with that picture I posted?"
> "MY HAIR LOOKS HORRID. TAKE IT DOWN AT ONCE OR I'M DEFRIENDING YOU."

I'm gonna go ahead and shift to another topic, yes?

Where do you use your social media the most? On your phone, tablet, or computer?

Salzorrah

Years
In my cases, it is more like the following:

*me posted a funny pic*

Friend: LOL
Friend 2: **** hahaha
Relative: Excuse me but that is very inappropriate.
Me: ...

Where do you use your social media the most? On your phone, tablet, or computer?

Definitely the computer. I rarely use phones (im like the only one without a phone) and I really don't have my own tablet but my sister does have a iPad but I'm not the one who uses a touchscreen keyboard :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I honestly blow up all of my 300 MB of my mobile data plan because of social networking. So primarily, from now on, I guess my iPhone is my main source of accessing my media, especially twitter, where I can just send a quick thought or a reminder in my mind. I have a desktop though, but I'm rarely on any of my media unless tumblr has anything interesting. I'm mostly on skype and PC and photoshoppin'.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
PC Username: Venitardus
Handles:
Twitter ~ jak300000
Facebook ~ (I will/might give it to only a few people on here through PM)
Reason for joining: I don't use twitter as much anymore, but social networks are a good way of communication, especially if you move out of state.

What are your favorite social sites? Mainly Facebook because I have a lot of my friends on their. And it's a good way for me to connect/talk to them since I moved. (I actually made 2 accounts, one as my main, and another incase I forgot the password.)
What do you use social sites for?
What I said above. Only to communicate to friends.

Mostly on my phone. I'm barely on my computer any more really.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

Years
Welcome Venitardus! I'm going to update the FP in a short while...

Here's a new topic to delve in x3

If you could make your own social media site, what would it be? What would its contents be? How are people going to connect with each other?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
WELCOME JOEY.

If you could make your own social media site, what would it be? What would its contents be? How are people going to connect with each other?

A social network for Pokemon fans of all over the world!

Wait we already have PC xD

My idea of a social network would be 100 times better than Facebook, twitter, and tumblr combined. I call it Twiblrbook. All status updates are 140 characters or less, with the ability to like, share, retweet, reblog, or unlike (because yes, I will provide the unlike button even though Facebook won't implement it). You can even post stuff like gifs, HQ pictures (something facebook doesn't allow ;;), long entries, just like how you would do on tumblr, and last but not least, I can implement strict privacy settings like creating default groups where friends, family, and old classmates from old schools, and you can decide if you want one person to see said post, or a group, or all your friends. I think Instagram/Snapchat does that too. xD

Years
^ Brilliant. :]

The social sites I use all have pros/cons over one another - If I could take the pros from all of them, and make one site, well...

Where do I sign up for Twiblrbook?

Salzorrah

Years
Twiblrbook sounds awesome xD

I also updated the first post so :D

I would make a chat-like social site like you post in a client and you can share logs and save them... It's like Twitter but more live and you can make convos in them xD

I'd call it Chitchatr X3

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Twiblerbook sounds interesting. I'd probably sign up.

As for this, I haven't really came up with anything. The best think I came up with is a site where it's like twitter and Facebook, like you befriend someone or follow them. Approximately 300 characters of you want to type a post. But it would be like YouTube also. You can make a video instead of a post, you can control who sees your video post, and you can block someone's video. And you can add it to a favorite video list if you really like the video post.

Idk, that's the main thing I came up with. It would be called Tube'Tastic (best name I can come up with at 6:53 am.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Should've added the word tube at the end of my Twiblrbook thing. xD Because all three of them do support youtube videos but not most video sites. ;;

Another *side topic* I had in mind (probs forget down the road so better do it now!): What improvements would you add to an existing social network?

Example: enabling a chat feature on Tumblr, etc.

Salzorrah

Years
Actually that is not a bad topic Megan!

What improvements would you add to an existing social network?

Personally, I dont want to add but want to remove the Google + requirement in YouTube since it is just so pointless. I don't really get that :/

But a new website design for Facebook can't hurt too ;D

Years
What improvements would you add to an existing social network?

I'd probably allow YouTube to not require a Google+ account to post comments like what Gunner said, but the one thing I'd like to improve is to remove that stupid "daily post limit" on Tumblr because I sometimes exceeded it and I had to wait for hours for it to reset (which is around 4:00pm for my timezone).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
You surpass the tumblr post limit there, Hikari? Wow. And I always thought I posted sooo much and never get locked down because of the limit. I believe Tumblr's post limit is 250, and within those 250, 75 of them are pictures. So basically you are limited to posting 75 pictures/graphics/gifs a day.

Ahh the controversial Google + Integration to Youtube. Honestly the most pointless thing out there imo. Everything was going great in the Youtube world back when I was...17-18. It was troll-free and everyone got along with everyone UNTIL THE FIRE NATION ATTACKED until everything went to shreeeeds. Yeah, I'm gonna echo you both, It has got to go. Since then, G+ pretty much lost its integrity. lol

One thing I'd like to improve one social networking is to increase the character limit on twitter to 200 characters. 140 is not enough. Also, I'd like to add bold/italic formatting because sometimes I'd like to add some flair to my tweets, as well as accent. xD

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I didn't even know Tumblr had a post limit. I mostly lurk on there, 75 pics a day is crazy though! Tumblr's probably my favorite social media now, I don't really use Facebook or Instagram much anymore. I'm thinking of getting a snapchat but idk.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
PC Username:★Symbiosis★
Handles: https://www.facebook.com/Cycosis1994 (This is my real facebook, I use it more so for Pokemon than real life thought since I don't go out and hang with many friends anymore, I fully understand)
Reason for joining: I want more PC Friends!

My Cell Phone(Samsung Galaxy 4)

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023

Mostly on my phone at school or work when I'm bored. When I'm home I'm normally on a forum like here or playing games.

Back