• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
WAH
WAH
WAAAAAHHHHHH

Haha, wow, I can't believe this is it. It really is rare for any hack to become what can be considered complete, let alone such an ambitious one.

Congrats for having all of your hard work pay off, you really have set the bar.

And now, I am gonna download this :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Oh I found a glitch(s)!
When I try depositing the new TMs into my item box, it comes up as blank was deposited, with blank being nothing and with a missingno or glitch city type text which looks like the corner of a building.
When you enter the first section of the cave, you can walk down on top of the brown hill.

Anyways glitches aside I'm up to the SS.Anne ticket, and got the...eh well you can find out yourself, I think I got one of the secret items.

I went back to the grass area and encountered a missingno, it's obvious you intentionally put him in since he has an alter graphic. Is he part of the pokedex?

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Well, I think I've completed the final quest, getting the S.S. Ticket and No.221.

I must say Coolboyman, you've impressed me the whole way through.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
It;s been fun so far, except for the fact that I can't continue on because a trainer in the way is glitchy. This isn't uncommon; there are a lot of trainers that glitch up and make the VBA say: Unknown opcode fc and ec at 801a. At first, it was just a couple of trainers in out of the way places, so I could just choose not to battle them. Now, an area with some sort of goodie and the main dungeon are blocked off by the glitchy trainers. I hope this can be remedied soon. It's been a blast, so far. =] Great job, and I know the end will be just as fun.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Meh screw it, new patch released. I don't want Missingno's or ?????'s in the game, even if the encounter rate is low...

v4.1:
- Rare Missingno's removed in front of the building.
- Ledge in cave replaced with rocks, you can't walk on top of them.
- When you deposit TM's they won't have glitchy names. The names will just be blank (as usual with Brown, I can't find a way to make them display the TM names when depositing, Red is REALLY badly coded).
- And one other glitch

It;s been fun so far, except for the fact that I can't continue on because a trainer in the way is glitchy. This isn't uncommon; there are a lot of trainers that glitch up and make the VBA say: Unknown opcode fc and ec at 801a. At first, it was just a couple of trainers in out of the way places, so I could just choose not to battle them. Now, an area with some sort of goodie and the main dungeon are blocked off by the glitchy trainers. I hope this can be remedied soon. It's been a blast, so far. =] Great job, and I know the end will be just as fun.

I don't know what the hell's wrong with yours, but I tested every last trainer in the dungeon a half hour before release and nothing bad happened.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Just a heads up, if you use the elevator in the Dept. Store, you get all the secret item's names spoiled to you, did you really have to use those for your items?
And how exactly do you trade with VBAlink with Brown to Prism?

Oh you, I see what you did the CBM. :)

GLITCH: In Botan Haunted Forest, once you get to the purification area you can sometimes freeze your D-Pad, but the A + B buttons work. The normal textbox didn't come up when this happened to me.

GLITCH: Rampardos's backsprite is cut off, probally too big.

gee why am I finding most of the glitches ha.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Yay, it's out! :D Athough I haven't actually been in the dungeon yet (still training up my Pokemon xD)

Is Misdreavus mant to be found in the middle of nowhere on the Pokedex or is it a bug? :\ Just confused! xD Also, heracross can't be fund on the Poedex. Is this intentional, or is he a prize Pokemon fo somthing? :P Again, one of the/ the best ROM hack I've ever played! :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Yay, it's out! :D Athough I haven't actually been in the dungeon yet (still training up my Pokemon xD)

Is Misdreavus mant to be found in the middle of nowhere on the Pokedex or is it a bug? :\ Just confused! xD Also, heracross can't be fund on the Poedex. Is this intentional, or is he a prize Pokemon fo somthing? :P Again, one of the/ the best ROM hack I've ever played! :D

Guess where you'll find him!
Yeah you'll need some high leveled pokemon, at least level 90.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Ok I started a new game, because I screwed up in updating. I can't get the S.S. ticket.
Where is the dubious disc and the coronet stone?

Also I forgot how to get the bike.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Actually, I just got that as well. I went into that room that was blocked off until you beat that Rocket, when you first enter the building, and the trainer that automatically sees you gets glitched and it gives me the error before the battle can start.

I've only seen this there so I don't know if it'll be anywhere else, but yeah.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Alright, I got to the end.

I ran into quite a few glitched trainers, but I was able to avoid them all. Still, I think as a result I missed a few items, I didn't get the Dubious Disc, and I didn't find the supposed S.S. Ticket everyone's talking about. There were of course a few areas I couldn't get to because of it having glitched trainers. I don't know what's causing those trainers to glitch, or how to prevent it. Also, there was one room, in the last troom in the cave, where you go all the way around in the outside most parts of the room, then get to that one ladder, when I enter it, I enter a glitched room and I can't move anywhere.

Other than that, it was awesome, and very challenging. Beat them all though with Poke'mon that were in their 60s :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
Alright, I got to the end.

I ran into quite a few glitched trainers, but I was able to avoid them all. Still, I think as a result I missed a few items, I didn't get the Dubious Disc, and I didn't find the supposed S.S. Ticket everyone's talking about. There were of course a few areas I couldn't get to because of it having glitched trainers. I don't know what's causing those trainers to glitch, or how to prevent it. Also, there was one room, in the last troom in the cave, where you go all the way around in the outside most parts of the room, then get to that one ladder, when I enter it, I enter a glitched room and I can't move anywhere.

Other than that, it was awesome, and very challenging. Beat them all though with Poke'mon that were in their 60s

If you want to get rid of the glitches, try finding another Red ROM and folow Coolboyman's advice. The second time for me worked in getting rid of it. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience, KBM. =[ I guess my ROM was whacked afterall, though it never had any problems before. I really thought it was clean. On the bright side, I got to the end, and I must say, Bravo. Nice way to finish it. Now, on to the pokedex. "runs off"

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
If you want to get rid of the glitches, try finding another Red ROM and folow Coolboyman's advice. The second time for me worked in getting rid of it. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience, KBM. =[ I guess my ROM was whacked afterall, though it never had any problems before. I really thought it was clean. On the bright side, I got to the end, and I must say, Bravo. Nice way to finish it. Now, on to the pokedex. "runs off"
Hmm, would never think that it'd be a problem with my Red Rom, since it's been fine so far, but if you say you've never had any problems before either, and it's fixed it for you, I'll give it a try, thanks ;)

E3DaMeX

All right, I think I'm finally stuck. xD What am I supposed to do after the S.S Anne leaves? I already got the S.S. Anne ticket so I'm really lost as to what I have to do next. It says the ship left, but I'm still allowed to see the dock. Any help would be appreciated and congrats on releasing the final dungeon. ;)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

Why don't you just NOT use VBA?
I mean, there ARE GB/C Emulators out there that are probably more stable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back