• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit VX Ace

Years
I can't put a definite date on it, as it all depends on how things go!
Levels are defined in the scripts i'm afraid, it'd just be really confusing if I went from database to scripts all the time.

You can however edit these to your liking, and keep them ready for when the kit is released.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9m0NDmhr

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Right, that's just blurry to me. Sorry.
I have to see the whole package in order to understand any of this.
Which is not going to happen right now. No worry.

What do you have already made for this pack?
Or what are your flaws in building the SK?

Years
Sorry, I should have explained better.

Each of the "Arrays" (These things: ERRATIC = []) is a growth rate.
Each value in the array is the amount of EXP that is needed to advance to the next level.
Levels are seperated by commas, so that the system can read them, and recognise it's seperate.

Already made:

Basic Pokemon Class
Basic Move Class
Basic MoveList Class
Experience Tables
Basic Trainer Class
HP and Stat Calculation
Animated Sprites (By Frames)
Credits Layout
Data Compiler

Some scripts have been written by Yanfly, not for this Kit of course but as part of their own package. Yanfly has been credited accordingly!

The only "flaws" I have right now, is graphics, I literally have none. If people could help me out with rips that'd be great!

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
About the Graphics, it's not easy to build them.
I have used the tiles that came with VX Ace, but i don't get how they are build.

For example:
I have grass, i have trees and i have houses.
I need to place the grass in "A" (as it's a ground tile) (THIS I KNOW)
I have to put the trees in "B", as they need to be defined as a seperate layer.
I have the Houses in "C", which is higher then B and should be placed over layer "B". Right?

That doesn't work.
For some reason, Layer "C" is placed on the same layer as "B". I can't get this to work.

When i know how to get this part right, i can help you with the tilesets.
So, anyone?

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
@ Battin: The VX Ace tilesets work on a much simpler concept than the XP tilesets. A is divided into 5 categories.
Spoiler:

@ crazyninjaguy: I can't help much with graphics, I'm not that good at ripping 3D stuff which Black and White have in droves. I can however provide you with something I use when I am spriting, it helps me a lot. I'm not sure if it will help you, but it lessens the field of what things you actually have to rip, and it has all the animations in frame form for all the pokemon.

http://spriters-resource.com/ds/pokemonblackwhite/index.html

No tiles, but lots of System graphics, like the battle interface.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Lucius, could you provide me with a small example of that you mentioned in the Spoiler tags? I understand it a little bit, but a picture with pokemon tiles would be usefull.

Years
soooo looking forward to this
what yanfly scripts have you used?

Core Extension
Debug Extension
Event Chase Player
Event Window
Force Move Tiles
Gab Window
Slippery Tiles
Region Battlebacks
Common Event Shop
Menu Cursor

just asking will the tiles be adjusted as explained above or we have to adjust them by ourselves

With help from the community, I hope to have a complete tileset compilation by the first release.

Years
What tiles do you want? maybe I can put them together to fit into Ace tilesets (:

Any that you can muster up really!

oh yeah another thing will it include a full fledged editor like in the pokemon essentials

Perhaps, yes.
I'd hope that people are intelligent enough to add their own values to a text file, but for ease of use I probably will add one.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Will this include anything from Black 2 and White 2? Such as the World Tournament trainers?:)

FlipelyFlip

Arr teh Pirate
Years
Okay, I'll make the BW-Tiles if it's okay for you (:

and do you need any other help beside the tiles? (:

Years
i am i can add my own values like trainer values and new moves

Yes, you will be able to add your own values.

Will this include anything from Black 2 and White 2? Such as the World Tournament trainers?:)

That's a great idea! Yes, after i've finished the main systems, i'll implement that!

Okay, I'll make the BW-Tiles if it's okay for you (:

and do you need any other help beside the tiles? (:

Thanks, that's great!
I'm not sure what else yet, but i'll have a think!

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2012
OMG, CNG i thought you stoped making pokemon stuff years ago :D im so happy to see you create yet another epic pokemon start kit!

Back