• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's funny because there's a section in the game that mentions sharing the wonder cards in BW...so it's still in generation V, only there's no way to actually make it work...at least not for the Worldwide versions, someone told me it works for Japan however...It'll be nice if they carried that over to our versions, especially since it's a worldwide release :3.

The card has to say that it can be transfered to other players. Its usually in the bottom left of the wonder card. They were supposed to have some like that for both generations, but from memory I do not recall any event allowing those to be redistributed.

Guy

just a guy
Years
It's there, but maybe even GameFreak / Nintendo has forgotten about that little tidbit they added in. It would be nice to see it again in X/Y and actually used though.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
True that scan is sketchy but i think the buildings in the other pic with them looking pretty cool, and it appears to have big ben there to. As for that bannete evolution it looks pretty cool. Also i liked amity square and wouldn't mind if it returned. How about this for a topic, would you like to see the London Eye as the new Ferris wheel? Would you like to see Big Ben as well and maybe even have it as a spot where you fight the evil team who are searching for a secret hidden in the tower. Imagine this a huge maze inside that you need to get through to stop the evil team? Would you want something like this to happen? I would like to see it happen.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
In the trailer there was a mixture of multi regional Pokemon, Dratini, Kirlia, Weaville, Pansear etc so I'm sure they will mix it up slightly, unless they were just for a purpose of battle footage.

Oh my gosh i hope so only reason inever replayed gen 5

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If we're only talking about an Amity Square area, then I guess I could see having multiple Pokémon out at once, since it's a contained area and your Pokémon wouldn't be running off anywhere. If it's in the general game area (towns, cities, routes), then oh god no. That's just a mess waiting to happen, as finding your Pokémon anywhere around the city could take forever if they somehow get into a place where you can't see their model anymore =x
Just to clarify what I meant, you don't have to hunt down any of your own Pokémon before leaving town. They still automatically go with you from place to place and will be there in battles; you can just get to watch them playing in their various climates in each town. Those that don't have a matching climate don't even have to be seen out of their balls in that location.

So if you have a Goldeen swimming in the water (let's even assume you don't Surf or fish there), it still gets recalled to its ball (sight unseen) before it's needed in battle.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I sort of doubt they'll bring back the following feature, at least for now. If it's return it'll proably be in the sequels, or third version, or the Hoenn remakes (if made).

However a place like Amity would make sense as in Paris they have a very dog friendly atmosphere, which in Pokémon France could mean that they allow Pokémon out, and let them play with their surroundings.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I sort of doubt they'll bring back the following feature, at least for now. If it's return it'll proably be in the sequels, or third version, or the Hoenn remakes (if made).

However a place like Amity would make sense as in Paris they have a very dog friendly atmosphere, which in Pokémon France could mean that they allow Pokémon out, and let them play with their surroundings.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, and I'd like it too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Harder than Red I don't think really is a good idea. Level 80 was way strong and a level 100 trainer just seems like overkill, and destroys what we've had with Red, being the greatest trainer, etc.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Thing is it probably wouldn't be someone from generation one, imo. That's six generations back, and the only one I can think of relevant now is N. /pro-N

vaporeon7

Years
You've both brought up some good points, but what if there was a trainer stronger than Red? I suppose that level 100 trainer could be the guy himself, but to spice things up, what if it was another well-known character, like Blue? Personally, in these games, if facing any old character was an option, I'd face Blue, and hopefully he would have some level 85-level 90 Pokemon.

Sure, the levels are high, but that's what makes it more of a challenge, and more exciting! For me, at least. xD;

I wouldn't mind that but I always though Game Freak wanted it to go Red > Blue

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If Red or Blue, it makes sense to make them stronger than before. Blue was in the 70s, Red around 81.

Cyclone

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I would want whoever the trainer is to have level 100s. Red was very easy for me, i beat him with pokemon of his weakness in the 60s plus i saw someone beat him with hoppip. I would want it to be N more then anyone else.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Just because something is older doesn't mean it isn't relevant. If anything, Red is the most relevant trainer in the games. For starters, Ash is based off of Red, so we have the whole anime with him. If anything everyone knows of Red. Just because we had N more recently doesn't make him anywhere near the strongest trainer. I wouldn't want to fight the same trainer that's returned for the past two games, especially since he isn't the strongest. If anything, I'd rather have a callback to the older games where the older players will appreciate the reference, and newer players will all know of Ash at least, so they'll know where he came from.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Something to remember is that Red and Ash are still separate characters, hence Yellow which was based on the anime in giving you only Pikachu to use as a starter. In that game, you literally play as Ash Ketchum. Thus you have the four different people in the anime who started their adventure at the same time.

And yes, I like callbacks.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Something to remember is that Red and Ash are still separate characters, hence Yellow which was based on the anime in giving you only Pikachu to use as a starter.

I did say that he's just based off of him, although I kind of had a run-on sentence there that made it seem otherwise. But yes, I do understand that. Moral of the story: I just want Red back. Or Blue. Or any older callback. Nothing from the last generation or two please. Cynthia is tired, and we just had two generation five games. Anything older than that I'd be happy with.

vaporeon7

Years
I suppose I'm saying that because I want the games to be more of a challenge. I'm not sure about you guys, but even B2W2 wasn't really that difficult, and I'd like for them to increase the difficulty just a tad bit, I guess. xD;

I think Join Avenue made B2W2 really lazy. Getting things that took time instantly. Having an expert difficulty would be good. All they would have to do is give opponents better AI, movesets and let them hold items. Opponents with Revives would make things more challenging to.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think I'd just want to see Challenge mode be brought back and have the enhanced AI and movesets. I think it was a feature they really didn't full potential of the last games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Definitely this. x_x Cynthia was cool and all, but...yeah. I believe I posted this already, but...just no more Cynthia, she was way ahead of her generation, anyway.

I agree too. She literally added nothing to Unova, and if she appeared again she'd bring nothing to this region again :'(

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Again with the challenge mode? Difficulty settings do not belong in JRPGs, at all, because of the use of turn-based text windows, the post-game material, and the fact that you'll still overlevel your opponents. Haven't you learn anything from Extra Creditz's video about Pokemon difficulty curve? It's suppose to be one of those games that suppose simple to play through(the basic elements like type effectiveness and switch outs) but hard to master (Effort Values and Individual Values).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back