• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG Normal Run: Advice please

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
So for the purposes of this run, I am only using Normal types, including those that are Normal/Something. I have got all 8 badges and am gearing up to fight the E4 and as you might imaging it is tricky getting the right mix of moves with all normals. I had traded a few in to jump start things but mostly they are from HG. Here is what I have so far. Let me know what you think.

Kangaskhan
Scrappy
Hasty
Dizzy Punch
Crunch
Flamethrower
Outrage

Pigeot
Keen Eye
Timid
Agility
Twister
Wing Attack
Quick Attack

Noctowl
Keen Eye
Bashful
Take Down
Fly
Confusion
Hypnosis

Spinda
Own Tempo
Hardy
Psybeam
Dizzy Punch
Faint Attack
Rock Smash

Clefairy
Magic Guard
Lax
Strength
Wake-up Slap
Shadow Ball
Magical Leaf

I plan to get the Clefairy Meteor Mash but I am not sure what to replace and of course I'll evolve it to Clefable. I also have the TM Thunderbolt to address that gap but am not sure what Pokemon to put it on.

Any suggestions are welcome but I am mostly looking for Moveset advice and advice on alternate Pokemon. I know the importance of getting the proper Nature and Ability but rarely have the patience to hunt them down.

Thanks!

Years
Ooh, I really like this idea, very creative! I'll see if I can help any.

So for the purposes of this run, I am only using Normal types, including those that are Normal/Something. I have got all 8 badges and am gearing up to fight the E4 and as you might imaging it is tricky getting the right mix of moves with all normals. I had traded a few in to jump start things but mostly they are from HG. Here is what I have so far. Let me know what you think.

Kangaskhan
Scrappy
Hasty
Dizzy Punch
Crunch
Flamethrower
Outrage

I really like this set a lot, unfortunately, flamethrower is not that great on 40 base sp. atk, Aqua Tail or Drain Punch would be better.

Pigeot
Keen Eye
Timid
Agility
Twister
Wing Attack
Quick Attack

Oh how I wish this guy learned better moves! Your best option is pretty much what you have already, but with Return and U-Turn over Agility and Twister.

Noctowl
Keen Eye
Bashful
Take Down
Fly
Confusion
Hypnosis

Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater, and Heat Wave (says Move Tutor but it may be a Battle Tower or whatnot one, if so, then go with Air Slash).

Spinda
Own Tempo
Hardy
Psybeam
Dizzy Punch
Faint Attack
Rock Smash

Rock Slide, Dizzy Punch, Sucker Punch, and maybe Shock Wave. Not a great Pokemon but CPUs are so dumb it won't be an issue.

Clefairy
Magic Guard
Lax
Strength
Wake-up Slap
Shadow Ball
Magical Leaf

Yeah, definitely Meteor Mash. Also, Moonlight, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower would cover the other attacks your team is missing.

I plan to get the Clefairy Meteor Mash but I am not sure what to replace and of course I'll evolve it to Clefable. I also have the TM Thunderbolt to address that gap but am not sure what Pokemon to put it on.

Any suggestions are welcome but I am mostly looking for Moveset advice and advice on alternate Pokemon. I know the importance of getting the proper Nature and Ability but rarely have the patience to hunt them down.

Thanks!

Good luck!!

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Now I can't help with moveset for your pokemon but if you need a six pokemon maybe ursaring he is a really good in physical attack.

Back