• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
Use NSE (the older version).
Import the palette and the not the image.
Go to Edit>Palette and look at the first color (top left).
Change that to the background color and change the background color wherever that is with the color you just replaced (example, if 0000 was in the top left, and the intended background is C439, swap the two wherever they may be. So the first color would be C439 and the old C439 becomes 0000).
Export the blank image with that palette.
Open that up in paint.
Post your Raichu in it.
Then re import.

BY THE WAY if you are using Windows 7, the new paint does NOT support indexed images. If you want to know how to put the old version of paint on your computer, ask me (since it's impossible to do any of this with Windows 7 paint).

Thanks you ! Finally I fixed this problem, thanks.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Is there a good Hex editing for Pokemon Fire Red tutorial out there? Want to get it all figured out.

I remember reading a post here which explained perfectly how to use pointers in Hex Editor (changing 900000 to 00 00 90 08 or something like that for example).
Here is a simple explanation of how GBA pointers work:
http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Pointer#Game_Boy_Advance_Pointers

What you also want to know that the pointers in every GBA pokemon game are little-endian. Not sure whether I should link you directly into that tutorial but whatever. If moderators happen to remove the link, search "datacrystal pointer" through google.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
What's the palette offset for this box in the battle screen [in Emerald]?
30afb6u.jpg

Also, is there a different way to change the regional Dex in Emerald and Fire Red than changing the National Dex? It makes the descriptions switch up.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2014
I have been using unLZ to add Victini's sprite (from the 64x64 sprite resource here) to the game. While the normal sprite looks fine, the back sprite's palette looks off. Help?
wDBE5vafjP2AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
AFTTXF32jsvcAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

flaredragon00

The Fire-type Octillery!
Years
EGG MOVES

Hello, I have a question about how to edit Egg Moves.

I have Gengar in the Fairy Egg Group now, and I want Clefairy to learn Night Shade as an Egg move.

Thank you for your time.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
I am pretty sure my problem is tied into the warp animation. Does anyone know if there is an offset for the animation or something? I am kinda new to this.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
How do I delete text in Advanced Text without leaving a blank textbox in game where the text used to be?

You can't do that through A-Text alone - You will have to use a script editor to open the script and remove that particular msgbox command entirely.

What's the palette offset for this box in the battle screen [in Emerald]?
30afb6u.jpg

Also, is there a different way to change the regional Dex in Emerald and Fire Red than changing the National Dex? It makes the descriptions switch up.

No answer for your second question, but you can find the palette at 0xC004E5.

Hello, I have a question about how to edit Egg Moves.

I have Gengar in the Fairy Egg Group now, and I want Clefairy to learn Night Shade as an Egg move.

Thank you for your time.

Hopefully this tool will help you out (If you're using a third gen ROM).

Alright. First time post here. I am having a few problems but I am pretty sure they are linked to the same cause, I just don't know how to go about fixing it. 1) When you enter cycling road entrance arrows appear between my character. 2) When exiting buildings a portion of my character's head appears at the bottom of the door instead of the arrow. 3) When surfing/flying my character's sprite splits when entering/exiting the surf/fly animation. Any Ideas?
I am pretty sure my problem is tied into the warp animation. Does anyone know if there is an offset for the animation or something? I am kinda new to this.

Have you checked how those frames look in a OW editor like NSE or Overworld Editor Rebirth?

If you have and they seem fine then somewhere in your editing you've modified the code which tells the game how to load in sprites. Your player sprite's location within the RAM when loaded has been changed somehow, which is resulting in it overwriting other sprites that pop up (which is clearly shown in your second example). You can try to change that part of the code in your ROM to the way it was originally (but I have no idea how to do that), so a more realistic solution is to go back to an earlier backup file which doesn't have those problems if you have one and restart your progress from there.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
Hey all, I'm having 2 problems (Gen 3 Hacking).
How do I stop a title from showing when I enter a cave?
Why is it that I can run in one cave but not another when their map options are identical?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Is there a way to create new routes in advanced map?
I have routes 1-25 but when I create a new map and give it a new route, it will just change the name of the map that I originally used.
Can someone give me very detailed instructions on how to create a new route. Please and thank you.

Sensui

Ascend
Years
This'll sound noob-ish, but here goes.

How can I see all the raw data of the 1st gen games for myself? Just like you have Crystal Tile 2, which opens DS games and displays every hex in their respective offsets, is there a way to see the data and offsets in R/B/Y? I want to mess around with it myself instead of using tools but don't understand how to manually edit single data bits.(I think they're called bits...? Sorry.)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
This'll sound noob-ish, but here goes.

How can I see all the raw data of the 1st gen games for myself? Just like you have Crystal Tile 2, which opens DS games and displays every hex in their respective offsets, is there a way to see the data and offsets in R/B/Y? I want to mess around with it myself instead of using tools but don't understand how to manually edit single data bits.(I think they're called bits...? Sorry.)
I don't know how DS roms work exactly but I believe the rom structure is organized into smaller parts. This is not the case in GB and GBA rom files so you're going to have to "play with" 1MB roms (that R/B/Y are) as their own.

A hex and an assembly editor would be the tools you're mostly looking for. See Skeetendo Inc. for more documentation on R/B/Y.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2014
Where is the data for mixed records stored in RSE?
I want to add the secret bases from my physical copy into my ROM save, and there's no real convenient way to do this, as far as I know.

TheOrangePichu

Currently working on new hack
Years
I think I worded it wrong and I really need an answer. Is there a way to change the Y coordinate where you start out in Pokemon Fire Red? It is always at 06 and I wish to make it something else (SMCA does not edit the Y coordinate by the way.

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Ok, I know this is probably not a response to any question, but I have an as-far-as-I-know complete LZ77 compressed data offset list that I made that could help some people looking for answers. would it be O.K. if I posted it here?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Ok, I know this is probably not a response to any question, but I have an as-far-as-I-know complete LZ77 compressed data offset list that I made that could help some people looking for answers. would it be O.K. if I posted it here?
First, which game is it for, and what is the language? Second, I think it would probably be best suited to this thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196265

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
Hi everyone, I having two question to ask hope have everyone can answer me.

First question, I want to make a script for example player battle with a Mew, after battle and check player have catched Mew or not, if uncatched going to rebattle or etc. How to scripting it? Can everyone give me an example script and explain for me? I played Pokemon Ash Gray battle with Bulbasaur's it used this script, and I need it too. ><

Another question, how to make a uncatchable Pokemon?

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2013
Yeah, I checked out everything in the OW editor and everything checked out so I went back to a previous version and everything works the way it is supposed to now with one exception. My character's sprite is spot on color wise in NSE but when I load up my game the character is really bright. How do I fix this?

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I already had it on that thread, yes it's for emerald, and I was just asking because some people might not look there or in other places before here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back