• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Team

Years
I am preparing for the Pokémon League now.

Electivire, LV.64, Timid
Ice Punch
Thunderbolt
Swift
Discharge

Emboar, LV.59, Rash
Bulldoze
Arm Thrust
Heat Crash
Flamethrower

Excadrill, LV.60, Bashful
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Slash
Hone Claws

Crobat, LV.56, Gentle
Fly
Air Slash
X-Scissor
Bite

Zoroark, LV.43, Hasty (In-Training, will play use TM's etc. once he is level 50)
Agility
Faint Attack
Night Slash
Foulplay

Floatzel, LV.31, Bold (In-Training)
Ice Beam
Swift
Aqua Jet
Surf

EDIT: Removed Keldeo from the party and added Floatzel

Last edited:

Bone

The waifu of Lon'qu
Years
Electivire, LV.64, Timid
Ice Punch
Thunderbolt
Swift
Discharge

Okay, Electivire is a physical attacker, so teach it Thunderpunch. You also don't need multiple STAB moves, so get rid of Discharge. Ice Punch or Magnet Rise is important to deal with Ground types. Ice punch is great for dealing with ground (your only weakness) as well as the dragons you'll find in the E4. Magnet Rise gives you no weakness for 5 turns. The last move is up to you, I'd recommend Low Kick or Light Screen. Low kick for dealing with the dark E4 as well as heavy pokemon, Light Screen for bulking up your team.

Emboar, LV.59, Rash
Bulldoze
Arm Thrust
Heat Crash
Flamethrower
Okay, Emboar is great at attack, he's also the only starter to learn all three starting types of moves. Replace Arm Thrust with Hammer Arm (Heart Scale) or Superpower (Move Tutor.) Heat Crash is good at dealing with lighter pokemon, but I'd recommend Flare Blitz for all out damage (LV. 62.) Bulldoze is okay, and replace Flamethrower with Wild Charge, Wild Charge deals with water and flying types.

Rock Slide
Earthquake
Slash
Hone Claws
Excadrill excels in attack as well. I'd give it Swords Dance to double its amazing attack each time it's used. Earthquake is great STAB, Rock Slide is great coverage. I'd replace Slash with Brick Break (PWT), but you can keep Slash if you don't want to save BP.

Crobat, LV.56, Gentle
Fly
Air Slash
X-Scissor
Bite
Okay, Crobat, one of my favorite flying types. I'd recommend Fly (Decent for In-game, great for fast travel), X-Scissor is great for dealing with Psychics so you don't need bite as well. Teach him Cross Poison (Heart Scale) for great STAB with High Crit. Ratio. You can keep Air Slash for 1 a turn Flying move.

Zoroark, LV.43, Hasty (In-Training, will play use TM's etc. once he is level 50)
Agility
Faint Attack
Night Slash
Foulplay
Zoroark likes Special Attack the best, so I recommend Dark Pulse (Move Tutor) or Night Daze (LV 64). Dark Pulse you can get earlier in the game and can cause flinching, Night Daze can lower accuracy, but you get it a lot later. Flamethrower deals with bugs, and focus blast can deal with other dark types. For other move options you could teach Bounce/Aerial Ace (For fighting and bugs) or U-Turn to keep the confusion going.
Ice Beam
Swift
Aqua Jet
Surf
Floatzel is a physical attacker, so I'd teach him Waterfall, Ice Punch, Crunch and Aqua Jet for Priority

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
I am preparing for the Pokémon League now.

Electivire, LV.64, Timid
Ice Punch
Thunderbolt
Swift
Discharge

Emboar, LV.59, Rash
Bulldoze
Arm Thrust
Heat Crash
Flamethrower

Rock Slide
Earthquake
Slash
Hone Claws

Crobat, LV.56, Gentle
Fly
Air Slash
X-Scissor
Bite

Agility
Faint Attack
Night Slash
Foulplay

Ice Beam
Swift
Aqua Jet
Surf

EDIT: Removed Keldeo from the party and added Floatzel

I'd give it a 6/10 for now. If I may suggest some improvements:

I'd replace Discharge with Earthquake, Swift with Brick Break, and replace Thunderbolt with Wild Charge for Electivire. Electivire is a physical sweeper.

Emboar could use some better moves. Teach it Earthquake in place of Bulldoze, Hammer Arm in place of Arm Thrust, Heat Crash with Flare Blitz when you get it, and Flamethrower with Wild Charge.

Excadrill could also use some better moves. Replace Hone Claws with Swords Dance and Slash with X-Scissor.

Crobat is a fast physical attacker. Replace Air Slash with Acrobatics (And remove its item), use Move Tutor to teach it Cross Poison, and replace Bite with maybe U-Turn.

Zoroark could really use some better moves. Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Focus Blast and Night Daze is pretty much an ideal moveset but it might take a while to get that. Since you learn Night Daze pretty late, keep Night Slash on it for now.

Floatzel needs more physical moves. Keep Aqua Jet and teach it Ice Punch, Waterfall, and Crunch.

Years
Ok. Thanks for the help.
I now started training Emboar again. Defeated the Elite 4 and did some of the post-game events already. Wasn't really hard.

Emboar now knows Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Flare Blitz and Flamethrower. I am thinking to replace Flamethrower with either Bulk Up or Flame Charge.
Flame Charge to cover up the speed lowering effect that Hammer Arm has. Bulk Up to just bulking Emboar up, so he won't need speed at all.

EDIT: I am now thinking about learning him Thunder Punch to defeat two of his weaknesses and it won't have recoil damage like Wild Charge

My Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
You still might want to replace Slash with X-Scissor. Slash is pretty much useless...

Back