• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fakemon by AtavanHalen343

AtavanHalen343

Dacaytus, one of my sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
OLD FAKEMON
Spoiler:

NEW FAKEMON
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Drafear is adorable, I love the design! :D

Crit-wise, I think he's mostly all right, though the mouth could probably use some tweaking. Try to change the shape to make it look more "natural" - as it is right now, it's completely straight on the top and a near-perfect half circle (if not perfect) on the bottom rather than fluid curves. I'd recommend changing its position a bit, too; kind of looks like it's not part of the body because of where you put it. Not sure if you were aiming for such a style but felt like it was worth a mention. (: I love how you did the body though, looks very nice!

Additionally, the thick outlines where the legs are on your last sprite also look a bit out of place next to the one pixel-thick lines almost everywhere else.

Looking forward to more! Loving your concepts. :3

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Here's Drafear's new mouth. Whaddya think? :)

drafear.png

Just finished a new scratch! :)

hipposaur.png

Hipposaur
Energetic Pokemon
ROCK/ELECTRIC

Last edited:
Years
The mouth certainly does look better! :D It's cuter this way; glad to see you worked on it so quickly! :3

The second one you posted is very dark for me, though... can't really say anything about it until you brighten the black a bit.

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
hipposaur.png

Hipposaur (RECOLOR)
Thank you very much for the comments guys! ^.^
The Grass Starter will be up soon!!!

EDIT:
leaflet.png

Leaflet
Grass Starter
Arctic Pokemon
GRASS

charmoal.png

Charmoal
Blind Pokemon
DARK/GROUND

Last edited:
Years
hipposaur.png

You should consider sketching your ideas down before spriting them. I don't see this hippo different from any ordinary hippo other than it being on its hind legs. Perhaps adding some appendages.

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
I actually do sketch the idea before spriting, thank you. :P though I do appreciate you looking, it would be nice if you commented on the other sprites as well. I will edit the sprite to show this, but the belly is actually made of a glass-like substance, and the glowing blue is the electrical energy inside of it.

hipposaur.png

There we go. I made the cavity shinier and added bolts going through it.

EDIT: NEW POKEMON
boonket.png

Boonket
Spooked Pokemon
NORMAL/GHOST

EDIT: Final form of the fire starter ^.^
ogringe.png

Ogringe
Fire Starter
Demon Pokemon
FIRE/DARK

Last edited:

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
moltifer.png

Moltifer
Fire Starter
Molten Pokemon
FIRE/DARK

EDIT:
Made a few hanges to Hipposaur to show his electric half. Decided to make this the male form. ^.^ Any thoughts?
hipposaur2.png

EDIT:
patrobo.png

Patrobo
Robotic Pokemon
STEEL/ELECTRIC

fizzbur.png

Fizzbur
Fizzle Pokemon
FIRE

bushlem.png

Bushlem
Bush Pokemon
GRASS

spritesheets.png

EDIT:
FINALLY! Finished the water starter! ^.^
aquasect.png

Aquasect
Water Starter
Aquatic Pokemon
WATER

Last edited:

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Well, my old fakemon weren't the best, so I'm scrapping those sprites. I've tried a new method of spriting, taking pictures of my drawings and going over them in paint, and I'd say the results are pretty nice. ^.^
embvaark.png

Embvaark
Fire Starter
Ember Pokemon
FIRE

sizzark.png

Sizzark
Fire Starter
Flame Pokemon
FIRE

COMIN SOON!!!
Aarsun
Fire Starter
Energy Pokemon
FIRE/ELECTRIC

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
FINALLY FINISHED WITH AARSUN!!! :) Feedback would be nice ;)

aarsun.png

Aarsun
Fire Starter
Energy Pokemon
FIRE/ELECTRIC

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
I think that the Embvaark is really nice and doesn't need that much of a change.
Sizzark face could be a bit rounder and you are using colours way to bright. Try using colours from already existing pokemon so that it blends better.
Aarsun I think he needs a little more detail because for a 3rd evo it's kinda simple. And the colours also are way to bright.

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Well, life ran off with my time, but the two day drive to Idaho for my grandpa's funeral gave me some time to work on and improve me spritin'.

aarsun.png

new Aarsun

embvaark.png

new Embvark

sizzark.png

new Sizzark

pomporb.png

new one!
POMPORB

Years
Well, life ran off with my time, but the two day drive to Idaho for my grandpa's funeral gave me some time to work on and improve me spritin'.

aarsun.png

new Aarsun

embvaark.png

new Embvark

sizzark.png

new Sizzark

pomporb.png

new one!
POMPORB

These are pretty great. I actually liked their colors much more before they were changed, but each to his own. :) Aarsun loses the ears completely; is there any specific reason for that? I'm assuming these are based on an aardvark, which is a mammal. Most mammals have ears, so why not keep them?

It'd also be neat if you added little Pokedex descriptions after each Fakemon in your first post, for your new ones I mean. What sort of concept is Pomporb of? I can't really tell if it's a fish or some other creature. But you'll probably add on, I guess?

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Well, they were originally based on Aardvarks, but I decided to go with a more "dire rhinoceros/triceratops" type deal. The original Aarsun didn't have ears, actually, but the new one has them behind the black plate on his face. I plan on adjusting Embvaark and Sizzark's colors, as I used Aarsun's as a placeholder pretty much. Pomporb is based on a Pufferfish, mixed with the idea and attitude of pompous royal and aristocrats. I got the idea from the term "puffed up". lol I'm gonna edit him a bit soon. :)

New Fakemon!

krull.png

Krull
ROCK/GHOST

Pomporb edit

pomporb.png

Last edited:

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
lightantes.png

NEW! It's a legendary. It's still a WIP, but it's temporarily named Lightantes

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years

aarsun.png

new Aarsun

embvaark.png

new Embvark

sizzark.png

new Sizzark

pomporb.png

new one!
POMPORB

I like the new Aarsun 500x better than the older one. It reminds me of Ganon from LoZ. You should make the shiny version blue as opposed to red, that would make it look like classic Ganon. As for Pomporb, it's a very simple design, but it's interesting enough. If Pomporb has an evolution, it should have a crown or something. Maybe even separate M/F forms looking like a king and queen, respectively.

Sorry for the wordwall of suggestions, but overall, these are really good sprites.

One more thing: The legendary looks a bit off, and it doesn't look like a legendary at all. I think it would be much better if the head wasn't part of the torso, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Years
One more thing: The legendary looks a bit off, and it doesn't look like a legendary at all. I think it would be much better if the head wasn't part of the torso, but that's just my opinion.

In regards to the legendary; yes, it could use some work and development. But look at Heatran, an official Pokemon; it's not all that complex either. Just because it's head is a part of the torso doesn't mean it's not a Pokemon. Look at Hitmonlee. Its torso basically is its head.

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Thank you for the comments and criticisms! But, as it says by the prite, it's a work in progress, which means it's NOT FINISHED. So, no need to jump the gun claiming it "doesn't look legendary" :P anyway, New sprite! it's the grass starter :)

saptus.png

Saptus

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Thank you for the comments and criticisms! But, as it says by the prite, it's a work in progress, which means it's NOT FINISHED. So, no need to jump the gun claiming it "doesn't look legendary" :P anyway, New sprite! it's the grass starter :)

saptus.png

Saptus

Pretty good. However, the light green part of the Pokemon has shading that is a bit dark. I would suggest making the shading a slight bit lighter, but other than that, it is a good sprite.

Back