• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fraxure vs Zweilous

Which Dragon Is Better?

• [IMG]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/611.gif[/IMG]

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • [IMG]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/634.gif[/IMG]

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
Years
This week we'll be comparing two dangerous NFE dragons!
611.png
6219A.png
634.png

So while comparing these guys, I want you to think about everything! Which one do you think is better in a competitive setting, both being somewhat bulky dragons due to eviolite? Which of these two do you prefer the design of? If you were to use them instead of evolving them ingame, which of the two would you pick? Versus each other, who would be the last dragon standing? Like all the other matchups, these will continue to run each week until all tiers and all pokemon are used up! If you want to learn more about tiers and using these pokemone ffectively ona team, check out The Battle Center! Please remember to post if you vote in the poll! :D

And thanks to jellicentfan1 for suggesting the pokemon this week! :]

Years
I picked Fraxure cos, even though Zweilous looks cool and has an awesome name, Fraxure learns much more reliable moves and has better abilities (like Mold Breaker!) and has good Attack with a strong Outrage.

Not to mention it gets Dragon Dance and Swords Dance to make its attacks hit even harder and I love the whole Axew line in general, but the whole Deino line do have awesome names though.

So yeah, I say Fraxure reigns supreme in this poll.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Solely based on power, Fraxure. Solely based on looks, Zweilous. This is honestly a hard one for me. I like them both, and for two different roles, really. Be it in-game or competitive, Zweilous usually stays defensive for me. With mediocre defenses it can hold it's on for a while with an Eviolite attached, and if given the power, can match up pretty well against other Pokemon. Fraxure is always just a sweeper for me, early or late.

In the end, though, I do prefer bulk over power, so I'd have to say my vote goes to Zweilous. More exciting movepool, whther or not the moves are used or not, pretty decent defenses, and much, much cuter.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I went with Fraxure mainly because Haxorus is easier to get, since training up Zweilous all the way to Hydreigon is somewhat time consuming.

d00bt00b

Genxo
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
Wow, I can't believe I'm the only one who has voted for Zweilous thus far! Zweilous has probably the most powerful Outrage attack of any Pokemon, but I guess Hustle ability is a huge drawback. The only monster that can (maybe) out-class Zweilous' Outrage is Haxorous.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I like both of them, I'm not going to use any of them in my current teams since they are already planned out. I will buy another copy of the game to give them a try.

Voted for Fraxure. I like Axew's evolution line a bit more than Deino's.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Zweilous. Just...just Zweilous. I honestly couldn't care less about competitive battling, but Zweilous is epic in terms of looks because...come on, it has two heads! Its typing is also very creative, despite a weakness to fighting types that I found very annoying on my run-through of B2 with him. Fraxure is really awesome too, but I find that he's just plain compared to Zweilous.

B-L-A-Z-E

リズ
Years
Zweilous has a somewhat terrible ability with Hustle but if it does manage to hit, it can be devastating which is why I'd rather roll the dice and use it over Fraxure. Plus, I like Hydreigon a lot more than Haxorus.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Zweilous has a somewhat terrible ability with Hustle but if it does manage to hit, it can be devastating which is why I'd rather roll the dice and use it over Fraxure. Plus, I like Hydreigon a lot more than Haxorus.

Agreed. But how is Hustle a bad ability? It brings Zweilous's attack up to about 152 base attack, which is huge. Despite the accuracy loss, its ability is probably its best quality.

Sirfetch’d

This is such a hard decision because I really like both of these lines of Pokemon, but I have been using a Zwelious on my PU team and it is so strong. Its Outrage is the most powerful of all and destroys anything in its path. Also I like Hydreigon so I am going with Zweilous!

cheeseguy12

Just A Beast
Years
Fracture cuz he has more attack and speed but that's for offense zwelious has more bulk there for I chose zwelious cuz of stats and looks
Fracture is still awesome

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Fraxure, because it doesn't suffer from the accuracy loss from Hustle like Zwelious, because it's not one of his two abilities. I'm also pretty sure that Fraxure has a more expanded movepool than Zwelious.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Zweilous. Its Dragon/Dark typing makes it a lot more versatile in battling with a better movepool, and its more defensive stats coupled with its decently high attack makes for a great competitive battler when tied with an Eviolite and Outrage. Best of all, it evolves into Hydreigon, which is awesome and one of the best pseudo legendaries in my opinion.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
ZWEILLOUS. Because a Dragon and Dark type is strooong and I kept killing everyones PKMNs with my Hydreigons Draco Meteor. I mean, Zweillous has better moves imo.

Back