• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Hi there! Welcome to Pokecommunity's official Fairy type club! This club is a club for all the Fairy type fans to come and discuss the Pokemon, attacks, mechanics, and opinions of the Fairy type as a whole!

sylveon_by_laahgata-d62iu5p.png

Image credit: LaahGata @ DeviantArt
CSS Template: Sheep, edits by Hikamaru​

Fairy's Law:
1. Be kind to others and follow all PC rules.
2. When joining, you may choose any of the Fairy type Pokemon to be your partner, even Xerneas!
3. Be active! The more you post the more friend you'll make while discussing the Fairy type!
5. Don't be afraid to discuss current topics with other users! They're not just answer and go questions, their discussions made for everyone to talk about!
6. Don't forget to have fun and be sweet! Spread those fairy wings and fly!

Fairies:
035.png
036.png
039.png
040.png
122.png
173.png
174.png
175.png
176.png
183.png
184.png
209.png

210.png
280.png
281.png
282.png
282-m.png
298.png
303.png
303-m.png
334-m.png
439.png
468.png

531-m.png
546.png
547.png
669.png
670.png
671.png
682.png

683.png
684.png
685.png
700.png
702.png
703.png
707.png
716.png
719.png
719-m.png

Join Form:
Spoiler:

Members:
Spoiler:

Topics:
  • What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?
  • What is your opinion towards the Fairy type in battle?
  • What is your favorite Fairy type team?
  • Which Fairy type Pokemon do you find to be the best battler?
  • If given the opportunity from Nintendo to make your own Fairy-type Pokemon, what would it be? Moveset? Egg moves? Base stats? Place it all in a spoiler for everyone to see! Write a description on how it would look!
  • How do you feel about "non-fairy" Pokemon getting the fairy typing but others that resemble fairies being left out?
  • What Fairy dual typing do you wish they brought into the games?
  • What are your fave shiny Fairy-types, and reasons why?

Userbars:

Last edited:
Years
Aaaaw yis. It's up! :D

Username: Sheep
Partner Pokemon: Whimsicott
547.png

Why you like Fairies: Pink, cute, strong.. well, more like threatening. There really isn't a need to say more. <3

What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?:
I admit it's extremely hard to pick a favorite as majority of the older Pokemon retyped to be fairies are all great, plus the new fairies are wonderful as well. Of the retyped Pokemon I'm probably going to say Azumarill and Whimsicott - they are both extremely adorable and very fitting as a fairy type.

When it comes to new fairies, though, I'm a big fan of Floette and mega Mawile. Oh, can't forget Sylveon and Dedenne either! All very cute and pack a punch. It's especially hard to say no to Floette.

tumblr_mxd53tFjCd1qau6z9o1_500.gif

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
Years
Username: Ribbon
Partner Pokemon: Sylveon!

Why you like Fairies:
Ever since I picked up X the day it came out, I realized that fairy types were going to be awesome! I used a Swirlix in my main team and boy did it suprise me how such cute, cuddly little Pokemon be such powerhouses! I absolutely ADORE how girly and cute they are, yet with powerful moves such as: draining kiss and moonlight! I can't get enough of these little guys.
What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon and why?:
I'd have to go with Sylveon, closely followed by Whimsicott and Swirlix. I absolutely fell in love with Sylveon's design and moveset. I love everything about it, from it's shiny form (which I am difficult to please for Shinies), to it's typing and all the way to how much of a Special Tank it is, while dishing out crazy damage!

It even managed to bump my old favorite Pokemon, Luxray, down to number 2 on the line... and that is quite remarkable on its own!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Username: Christopher
Partner Pokemon:Floette

Why you like Fairies: Truth be told I wasn't to keen on them at first, but once I started using them I quickly changed my mind. They're extremely versatile, you have your Hard hitting ones Gardevoir,Mawile, Sylveon, Azumarill and your total walls Florges,Togekiss, Sylveon,Azumarill. Plus I like their designs...well except Aromatisse...but that's not important. :D

Answer a Topic!:
What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon and why?:
If I had to pick just one it would be Floette. It's been my favorite ever since I used one in my X playthrough. It has a great moveset as well as Sp.A and Sp.D, she makes short work of Team Flare with all their dark types. Plus she's adorable in the Amie. :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Finally, another Fairy club is up.

Username: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokemon: Sylveon
Why you like Fairies: They are super powerful against Dragon, Dark and Fighting types, and I recall using Sylveon's Moonblast and taking out a Cloyster with one hit.
Answer a topic: Sylveon, because she is an Eeveelution and I love Eeveelutions. She is also very pretty, colorful and powerful. I almost always have her on Fairy monotype teams.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Yay members! Welcome everyone! cx
I hope each and every single one of you has a ton of fun here in the club, and remember not to be afraid to post an continue discussion of current topics! Such as discussing each other's favorite fairy! That's perfectly fine with me. These topics are not just answer & go questions, they're something to stir you all up in a heep of chitter chatter about them! <3

Finally, another Fairy club is up.

Username: CloysterOyster
Why you like Fairies: They are super powerful against Dragon, Dark and Fighting types, and I recall using Sylveon's Moonblast and taking out a Cloyster with one hit.
Answer a topic: Sylveon, because she is an Eeveelution and I love Eeveelutions. She is also very pretty, colorful and powerful. I almost always have her on Fairy monotype teams.

Speaking of monotype teams, here is both of mine if the club owner doesn't mind:

Spoiler:

I don't mind at all! c: (also LOVE them both <3 Carbink is such a G I swear)
All I ask is that you stay on topic as much as possible (you may discuss with others their favorites as well and compare your favorite to theirs, ya know, discuss about them!), but I also ask that you keep your teams in spoilers, only because they take up so much space. Otherwise feel free to show us your Fairy teams (this goes to everyone as well!).

Just don't make a topic out of it...yet. ;D

Years
Username: Hikari10
Why you like Fairies: They are cute, they're strong and they're able to stop some of the most brutal Pokemon in the game.
Answer a Topic!: My fave Fairy without a doubt is Sylveon, I just love how cute it looks with those bows and ribbons plus I do love the Eeveelutions. Slurpuff, Aromatisse, Klefki, Togekiss, Whimsicott, Flabebe line, Xerneas, Gardevoir and Azumarill are among some of my other notable faves.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Username:Darkheart223
Partner Pokemon:
sylveon.png

Why you like Fairies: everthing about them is awesome!
Answer a Topic!:seylveon because its evees newist evolve.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I don't mind at all! c: (also LOVE them both <3 Carbink is such a G I swear)
All I ask is that you stay on topic as much as possible (you may discuss with others their favorites as well and compare your favorite to theirs, ya know, discuss about them!), but I also ask that you keep your teams in spoilers, only because they take up so much space. Otherwise feel free to show us your Fairy teams (this goes to everyone as well!).

Just don't make a topic out of it...yet. ;D

Done and done. Here is some Fairy humor:

1510681_712114062139604_2079893138_n.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokemon: Togekiss.
Why you like Fairies: Because they're... FAIRIES! In all seriousness, I like them mostly due to how adorable they are. Plus, fairy is one of the very few types super-effective to dragon.

What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?
Togekiss, definitely. It's got an amazing-looking design, and could be pretty useful when it comes to battling as well. It has access to Serene Grace, and its movepool is filled with amazing attacks--including Air Slash, Roost, and Thunder Wave. By using Thunder Wave, it could cripple down opponents and make them slower. Thanks to Roost, it could recover itself whenever it needs to. With Air Slash, it could make its foes unable to move while also damaging them. At the moment, I have a Togekiss in my Black 2. When PokéBank gets released, I'll immediately transfer it to Y. I just can't live without it, to be honest. xD" Whimsicott would have to be my favorite, too, as well as Mawile, Xerneas, and Cleffa.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Welcome to the club newcomers! c:
I love all of your choices for partners and favorite fairies! Sylveon most definitely seems to be popular! .3.
I have to say it really surprised me as a nice special based Pokemon. Great Special Defense, great Special Attack, and great HP make for an awesome wall!

I guess I can go ahead and get a new topic going now that we have more than 3 people in the club now. >u<

What is your opinion towards the Fairy type in battle?
My opinion personally is that it's the greatest. lol
Not just because I'm in the club, but I honestly think it's the best competitively defensive type. It resists many of the meta-game's very potent threats of Fighting type attacks, Bug Buzzes and Megahorns, Dark Pulses and Crunch, and especially noted the fearsome Draco Meteor is completely useless against a lil' Flabebe! Offensively it's rather good as well. Super-effective against Dark, Dragon, AND Fighting types is extremely nice (Hydreigon and Scrafty just go tumbling down).

Years

I agree with Duzzy there, Fairy-types are not only weak to two uncommonly used types offensively but they have some notable advantages against some very strong types like Fighting, Dark and Dragon making it a great offensive and defensive type. While we may not have many Fairy moves right now, a lot of them have some useful niches in battle, plus the designs of the Pokemon are quite diverse. It completely flipped competitive battling on its head, and once I start playing X and Y I want to use one of my team for myself!

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Username: xVaporeon
Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir
282.png

Why you like Fairies: I love their typing and the whole idea of it, really. Also, they can beat dragon types easily! They're also super adorable :P

What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?

My favorite fairy type is Gardevoir. It was one of my favourite Pokemon before 6th gen, but now it's fairy I love it even more! Gardevoir is so elegant, yet it's attacks are super powerful! I love the design and also previous evolutions, Kirlia and Ralts. The colour scheme goes well and it's perfect in battle!

P.S. currently making userbars for you, I'll PM you them when I'm done :)

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
Username: braixen
Partner Pokemon: mega mawile
Why you like Fairies: because they are cute and fabulous just like me (but really because they are really cute and fairy typing is interesting because it's not like an element?? like water or dark or fire for example. it's just. fairy)((well dragon really isn't one either, but it's still cool))
Answer a Topic!: my favorite fairy type would be a tie between mawile and sylveon. they have really cool designs. and i liked mawile since i was young, and the fairy typing for it was a really cool change.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Welcome you guys! Glad to see you wanted to join and glad to have ya! I hope you guys have tons of fun here in the club.

Attention! Courtesy of xVaporeon, we now have club userbars! Thank you so much! They're so cute. <3

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Username: A Dyl To Remember
Partner Pokemon: Poachy the Togekiss
468.png

Why you like Fairies: They're a very interesting type when it comes to battling. They finally give Dragon another weakness, are fully immune to all Dragon attacks, and they also offer other Pokemon reasons to be on teams now with Fairies being weak to Poison and Steel(which were two of the WORST offensive types until now)
Answer a Topic!:What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?

My favorite Fairy type Pokemon would have to be tied between two that actually gained the type with Gen VI. They would be Togekiss and Mawile. Togekiss is one of my favorite Pokemon in general, ever since I started using it on my VGC teams as a Scarf'd lead to spam Air Slash. Mawile, while not always being a favorite Pokemon of mine, has always been one that I would love to use, but never had a reason to. There was always SOMETHING that could it it's job better. But now, with the amazing Steel/Fairy typing and it's Mega Evolution, Mawile has become more of the beastly Pokemon it should have always been! :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's not that bad, to be honest. Most types have four to six weaknesses, but fairy has only two I believe—poison and steel. :b Also, like I said in my previous post, fairy's one of the very few types that are super-effective to dragon. This, if you ask me, is a huge thing because before gen six, dragon-types didn't have much weaknesses at all. Fairy is super-effective to poison- and dark-types too by the way, which is a plus! (:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
I love what it's done to competitive battle. I've used a Gardevoir to sweep through an entire team, with just a small hiccup on a Scizor, that's without mega evolution and without any type of setup. I just wanted to see how far she could go.
It's also pretty hard to counter a fairy unless you're prepared for fairies. I've had a Sylveon wall give 9 kinds of hell because I had no poison or steel types.
I really don't get why fire types resist fairy though...and I always forget they do until it's too late.

[
Fairy is super-effective to poison- and dark-types too by the way, which is a plus! (:

Poison resists Fairy. Fighting types are weak to it though :)

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
First off, love that picture of Mega Mawile. Dunno where it came from or who drew it, but I'm feeling those colors so much.

So, I wanna join too, a lot of my old favorites are now fairies, and a lot of new ones, too.

Username: Patrick

Partner: Aromatisse

Why you like fairies: Probably because they're all cute, and that's enough to get me invested. They also tend to be some of the easier creatures to draw, and I'm too lazy to consider the likes of Kyogre or something. Ain't nobody got time for that. _-_

Favorite(s): Uh... it's hard to give a "why" beyond the same reason I listed above, I mean they might actually be useful in battle but considering I don't really care, it's mostly aesthetic or personal reasons. My favorites are Spritzee, Aromatisse, the Flabebe line, Clefairy, the Ralts line (though I still haven't quite warmed up to Gallade, he was introduced in a generation I largely ignored...<_<) and Mawile. Sylveon's pretty neat too.

I still consider Mawile more Steel just be virtue of always knowing it as such, and even then Dark would've made more sense. That and I have no other favorite Steel types, so I have to have someone represent there. Mawile's always been cute as heck, though.

In battle: ... well, Aromatisse turned out to be a better contender than I thought she would. Slow, but good everywhere else. I will admit I enjoy how Fairies seem to be pretty broken right now, if only because of schadenfreude. That comic posted earlier, funny as it is, that's what I get out of it (though not aimed at Dragonite, I love that guy. ;_; Mostly any of the types that could be included under "hardcore" seem to get wailed on by cutesy fairies, and it's too funny).

I also like the idea of a legit moon attack in Moonblast. It's about time, unless I missed out on one. Conversely, I'm glad they also give Poison types someone else to beat up on. Not that I use Poison types much anyway, Nido/Bulba/Bellsprout/Roselia families aside. I just realized they're mostly Grass types at that, too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Welcome new lil' Fairy lovers! I'm so excited to see you all eager to discuss the current topics we have at hand here! >u<

Patrick said:
Favorite(s): Uh... it's hard to give a "why"
"Just because" is always a good enough reason if ya ask me!

Nymphadora said:
It's not that bad, to be honest. Most types have four to six weaknesses, but fairy has only two I believe—poison and steel. :b Also, like I said in my previous post, fairy's one of the very few types that are super-effective to dragon. This, if you ask me, is a huge thing because before gen six, dragon-types didn't have much weaknesses at all.
Let's not forget that competitively Ice, one of Dragon's previously-only-two weaknesses was one of the worst defensive types due to the commonplace Flamethrowers, Close Combat, and Fire Blasts. Fairy only having to worry about Poison and Steel, the least used offensive types, is pretty handy if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back