• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Coral Version

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
OK. So, I decided to have a crack at creating a new game, and I want to do it well this time. So, here are a few ideas.

Pokémon Coral Version​
Features
8 New Gym Leaders
A reasonable amount of brand new attacks
A new (or edited) interface
New trainer types
100 new Pokémon
A brand new region

Storyline
The story begins with a cutscene where Felix finds three Pokémon injured on the road, obviously abandoned by their original trainers. He quickly phones Professor Redwood, but in the rain, drops his Pokégear and breaks it after the phonecall. Redwood comes, just in time, rushing the three hurt Pokémon back into the lab.

Time shifts forward one week, and you get told by your mother that Redwood wishes to see you. At this point, he bestows one of the healed Pokémon to you, telling you that they have become too dependent on human help over the past week. So, you set out to meet the aide in Nimbush Town that Professor Redwood told you about, so he can give you a tour of the things found in nearly every place across the country.

After this, you go back to your home-town, but on the way you get mugged and your Pokémon gets stolen by what appears to be a Pokémon League thug. After getting rescued by a passing trainer, you receive a second Pokémon, native to the player's country. You strike up a friendship with the trainer who rescued you, and become friendly rivals.

The player sets out on a quest to attain access to Pokémon League HQ at the Plateau of Splendour, which he must do by earning all 8 gym badges and ultimately defeating the best trainers in the land. Who is the shady character controlling the League? What is the Elite 4 and Champion's intent?

I hate doing story outlines, I can't write properly in outline form. I hope you get the gist of the plot though.

Recruitment
For the project to actually take off, I do need concept artists and Pokémon spriters, as I am pretty rubbish at all of the above. If anybody wants to help, just say and post some examples in the thread.

Thanks for reading.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Heyyy, I remember you mentioning this over PM. =D (I'm Involuntary Twitch from TCoD, by the way.) I like the plot, like I said before; I don't believe I've seen a fangame before where the Pokemon League itself is corrupt. If I were to make a suggestion, I'd say maybe add a couple more new features, such as Wifi compatibility (...I believe it's possible with RMXP) and some cool gameplay gimmicks and choices that the player makes that affect parts of the story.

You have my support! ^_~

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Oh! Hi there! Haha, it's good to know that I have /some/ support :P

Internet connecting would be ideal, and I do plan to include it, yes. The player choices thing sounds like a good idea as well, although I don't want it to feature that drastically, but still integral enough to make differences.

And, I am telling you this for nothing, I am not starting until I have a pretty firm idea of Pokémon, new things and sprites, so anybody willing to help would be appreciated. You, especially look quite good at Fakemon and stuff, Involuntary Twitch, so it would be great if you could do something, if you would like :)

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
hey ill help i can do fakemon sprites for your 100 new pokemon

Back