• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RANDBATS

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
sup forum??

So as you all know there's a random battling Icalled randbats!!!) tourney going on RIGHT NOW and generally you all love randbats in general.

• How do you feel about randbats in general? Why do you play them, or why don't you?
  • How lucky are you usually in randbats?
  • What were some of your best sweeps with unexpected mons in randbats?
  • Feel free to post randbats logs here too, so people can discuss/see how awesome the experiences were... or how unlucky they were. :(
Discuss!!!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Reserving the second post for useful stuff in the future.

Anyway, I don't remember my MVPs from past battles, but I'll be sure to post some interesting moments here from now on. I tend to be very unlucky when battling Lala; his Pokémon survive by 1% of max health very often (it has happened to me about six times already).

Years
Haven't played the PS randbats that much, but I have played Challenge Cup on PO a lot. Legendaries are nearly never MVPs because they're 10-20 levels lower than everything else. One time though I swept my opponent's entire team with a rain dance three attacks tympole :]

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I absolutely love PS' random battle! The assurance of having viable sets to use almost every time helps me figure out how to use the Pokemon in an actual battle. Most of my MVPs have been Pokemon with sets that have high rewards with little to no risk at all. I once 5hko'd someone with CB Archeops with Stone Edge. SE didn't miss for four consecutive times, what a miracle! I've also had baton pass teams, most of which I didn't bother setting up since the Pokemon can function just by itself. :3

Soar

n00b
Years
Randbats are.... unique.
The variety of the pokes is very unique and the sets differ from time to time. I have pulled off sweeps with some pokes i never would have thought of using, one of which included a tediursa! My leck is sometime very good, but can also be horrible. One time i got a team with Magikarp, weedle, caterpie, metapod, kakuna, and a donphan.
But overall i love randbats when im bored

Sirfetch’d

I love randbats. I challenge Golurk to them all the time. I usually am alright at them, but sometimes I think the server hates me. Like today I was battling Golurk and I got a frickin Magikarp and a Feebas and a Kakuna in one game. I was like ughh! He got like 3 legendaries and swept me easily. I was pissed. But overall they are great and byfar my favorite type of battles. I also swept a whole team with a shell smash Dweeble. And did very well with a trick room duosion.

Years
I love randbats! I battle jellicent all the time. I enjoy the surprise/unexpectedness, but I don't like when there is NOTHING you can do.. :/ Also, I'm bad at making teams, and with randbats I don't have to!

I tend to have either very good luck, or pretty good luck, but sometimes my luck is horrible! I also get a lot of legendaries (especially Meloetta) and i get a bunch of Golurks. (YAY!)

Best sweeps... uh idk. I had a fun sweep with a sigylyph. It had cosmic power + stored power = amazingness. I think it's a pretty standard set, but it was still awesome!

Uh, I don't have any logs right now, but I'll share a moment I guess? Jellicent and I were having a battle, and I wished him gl. He was so cocky, he wished me gg. >_>Talk about rude. :P

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I love randbats! There's always the excitement of what team you're going to get, and sometimes you end up with hilarious results. Why, I even got a measly Kakuna once, and both teams cracked up laughing. xD But in a way, it's quite unfair as well. Sometimes, one team gets like 3 legendaries while the other team doesn't get any at all. It's almost very likely the first team would easily win. There are also good sides to randbats, such as learning to battle with Pokemon that are not your own that have good movesets, thus learning good battling strategies that you can incorporate into your own teams. Sticking to one team all the time gets boring after a while, and randbats help to broaden one's horizons. Well, what else can I say? Randbats are awesome! :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I love randbats! I only play them.. basically.. lol. They're instant fun, laid back, and hysterical. I like playing with just any ol' Pokemon (I don't even have a team right now). Sometimes I discover favorites, other times I realize a Pokemon is useless. I get lucky a lot. I am kind of a bully. :(

Spoiler:

Years
I actually enjoy Random Battles since sometimes I underestimate a Pokemon and then discover how awesome it is.

I remember getting a Karrablast on my team once, and it swept most of my opponent's team. I do like all the unusual combinations they generate, with some hilarious ones like Magikarp and even Wobbuffet.

Back