• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Move

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I'm just wondering, koff~

My favorite move? Selfdestruct. Yeah, that's right. Although it was somewhat nerfed in Gen. V by not cutting the target's defense in half. I don't think they should have done that, but what am I gonna do? If I had my way, Selfdestruct would always be super effective, and would cut defence by a quarter (or don't cut it at all and just make it super effective). I think it should also be a 'special' move in it's own sub category. Being a physical move seems a bit strange to me. . .

That's neither here nor there and that is never going to happen. I can hope though. Anyways, I like Selfdestruct because taking other Pokemon with you in a massive explosion is just so darn cool. So, what is your favorite Pokemon move and why? I am interested to hear what you have to say, koffi~

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have a lot of favorite moves, and Bullet Punch is one of them. This move allows you to throw hundreds of punches toward your opponent consecutively. This move may not be able to deal much damage to the foe, but since it has a high priority, it always goes first. If this move is used alongside the Iron Fist ability, then its power would be increased by about ten to fifteen percent. Draco Meteor is also one of my favorite moves. It's an extremely powerful dragon-type attack, and it's got the capacity to take down almost any of your opposing Pokémon with just one single hit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
For me it would probably be Aura Sphere. It has just a certain feel to it. Plus I love how Lucarios Ability to sense Aura is handled in the 8th Movie ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
My favorite move is leech seed, because it's like Bulbasaur's signature move. Also, I like the fact that you 're a plantlike creature, which drains energy from other creatures.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
My favorite move is leech seed, because it's like Bulbasaur's signature move. Also, I like the fact that you 're a plantlike creature, which drains energy from other creatures.

That's a good one, koff~

Leechseed is always one you have to watch out for when dealing with grass types. It's one of the better sapping moves and can be devastating if used correctly. Nice choice, koffi~

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Attract.
flirt.gif

A move so ambiguous that it's either really funny, really disturbing, or a combination of both. Doesn't hurt that it more or less impairs the opposite gender. Nothing I love more than playing against a buddy who woefully caught nothing but males (worse if with intention).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Flamethrower all the way. I'm generally a big fan of moves that have trios, like Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt. Also really love the elemental Fangs and Punches. All great coverage moves.

DarkEmeraldRarity

Love-Crazy and Music Mad
Years
Dark: Dark pluse
Bug: Quiver Dance
Fire: Flamethrower
Water: Surf
Ground: Mud Shot
Grass: Grass Knot
Electric: Thunder
Steel: Iron Tail
Normal: Attract
Psychic: Psyshock
Ghost: Shadow Sneak
Flying: Sky Attack
Rock: Stone Edge
Ground: Sand-attack
Posion: Toxic

Altair1

Willpower
Years
The legend's signature moves such as Sacred Fire, Aeroblast, Roar of Time, etc. They all sound and look devastating!
One move I've grown to like recently is Crush Claw. My Braviary in White 2 learned it and it's been useful since it has a 50% chance of lowering your opponents defense by one stage!
I like to start out with that move then use either Fly, Shadow Claw or Superpower to take advantage of the Defense drop.

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Bubblebeam. It's nothing special but Empoleon is my favourite Pokémon and it was one of my favourite moves to use back when mine was a Piplup.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Dizzy punch. Its one of those moves that kinda surprised me. I first saw it when i was useing metronome, i didnt beleve that it was a move and thought that i had read it wrong ( i thought that i knew every move). It was not untill about year later that i was training a kangaskhan and it learned it. I was shocked that it really was a move :/. Its been my favorate move ever sence

Not to mention it has a chance to confuse the foe :P

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
Years
Ice beam and Draco meteor, ice beam is really strong and has 15 pp.
And Draco meteor is just awesome, just the best (for me).

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Luster Purge, ironically enough since I prefer Latias over Latios. I loved its animation in Gen 3.

I also can appreciate Flamethrower, Earthquake, Psychic, Giga Drain, Quiver Dance, Ice Beam, and Surf. I'm a fan of Aeroblast and Sacred Fire. Aurora Beam, Sky Attack, and Psywave are soooo pretty in earlier gens. Seismic Toss in RBY was awesome.

Sirfetch’d

Ice Beam for me. I have always loved the animation for it and the fact of how powerful it is. Just one can take down nearly any Dragon and is really useful on Water types to counter Grass Pokemon. Weather Ball is one of my favorites as well because it is the signature move of my beloved Castform and has a unique effect.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Hi-Jump Kick and Flame Burst. The former devastates someone, whether it be your opponent or your own Pokemon haha. And I love Flame Burst's animation. Really low distribution though from what I can remember.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
trick room all the way. I love screwing people up with that move. I also love roost or any healing move if a good bulky pokmeon uses it lol(tanking ftw). as for attacking moves any move with good accuracy is good to me. any move with perfect accuracy is my fave as well like aurasphere. I also like moves with high priority( scizor is a good example. it has that technician abillity. combine that with bullet punch and you got one heck of a killer). lets tailwind is a favorite of mine too as I can get a nice speed boost for a few turns. as for legendary sig moves. zekrom and reshrom has THE best plus victini can learn them lol

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
My favorite move is Leaf Storm because its a great move, awesome animation and reminds me of Sailor Jupiters' (my favorite Sailor!) attack Flower Hurricane. Thunder is my second favorite for similar reasons.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I like pretty much all of the legendaries' signature moves. That's kind of cheating but I can't choose one! Roar of time and Blue flare would probably take the cake if I had to really choose. I love them all so much!

Years
My favourite has always been Solarbeam. It was really awesome seeing Ash's Bulbasaur using it the first time. Unfortunately it's very unreliable when actually battling. They should probably raise it's power from 120 to 180.

Back