• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Latias or Latios?

Latias or Latios?

• Latias

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • Latios

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Like the title says who do you prefer out of these two dragons? As much as I like theme both I'd have to say I like Latias because she helped me a lot in battles with her great defensive stats.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Latios 'cos Luster Purge is one of the most badass sounding moves in the game.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
Definitely Latios. Holding the Soul Dew boosts his Sp. Atk up to 195(!) and makes STABed Psychic and Dragon Pulse hit like freight trains.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I like Latios, as its design looks more fierce in comparison, in my opinion. Competitively, I'd say Latias. :]

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Latios because of his offensive stats but I don't use any of them anyways. I would use a master ball if I saw either one though.

Years
I always found Latios cooler personally, in terms of design and usability. Luster Purge is cool and i'm one for cooler Pokémon than cuter ones.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Latios because he's blue is pretty much cooler in general; his appearance and his strength. However, Latias is also pretty cool.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Latias. Although it doesn't look that better then Latios I still find it's stats to be more better. Especially it's defence. This thing could take hits, and there was the Soul Dew as a bonus! I ended up making it a main member of my party, and it was the first I levelled up to 100. :)

Years
Even though Latios is a more offensively-minded Pokemon (which I usually prefer), I've always preferred Latias of the two. I like it's design more than that of Latios, and it being the accessible one in Sapphire probably swayed my preference, too.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love Latios! Mainly because of his shiny. I finally got not one, but two shiny Latios in X. I love them both eeeee. <3 Latias is great too and I used to like her more when I first got the games (because I had Sapphire), but shiny Latios changed my mind. I can honestly say I've never started liking a Pokemon more because of its shiny coloration until I saw Latios'. lol What a weird way to like something.

Radioactive

I'm a really good boy
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2014
Latias is my favorite because she's so pretty and her shiny is gold. I don't really use the Lati duo for competitive anything, and she looks prettier to me, so yeah. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I love both Lati@s, but in the 3rd generation Latios was always my favourite - I thought the t.v. thing was picking Kyogre/Groudon, so Latios was the first one I encountered, randomly one time (I had no idea it existed) and I became obsessed with catching it - my first one was also my first pokémon to reach lv. 100.

Years
  • Age 31
  • no
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
by the time i had the chance to pick between the two... i didnt know about their stats, so i blissfully picked latias... latios looks grumpy~

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I prefer Latios because he's bigger and better competitively. His STAB Draco Meteor is one of the main reasons many people ran Jirachi on their team in BW.

I still like Latias, though.

Aquali Umiko

Roaring back with a vengeance!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2015
I like Latios more, but I caught Latias unfortunately. :/ I know that's a terrible thing to say, and I feel awful even typing it, but I do use her from time to time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 3, 2014
Definitely Latias, when I saw it in the Anime I immediately fell in love with it :)

Back