• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
I've got a few cards that I'm interested in getting a value on:

Holgraphic Absol Card:
70 Hp
Quick Attack - 10+ Damage
Feint Attack

Bottom right corner (not the corner of the card, but the corner on the yellow border) has 16 Shiny bars

Bottom left border corner has a large Blue E with a star next to it.

Above the shiny bars mentioned before is a four pointed star, to the left of that is a small five pointed star and the number 96/95

Kabutops Holographic card:
110 Hp
Poke-BODY Primal Stare
Luring Antenna 20 Damage
Blinding Scythe 60 damage

Has a Star mark in the bottom left corner as well as what looks what might be a cave with a sun rising over it (marking)
10/108

Then I've got a First Edition Holgraphic Machamp that came with the 2-Player Started Set from 1998

Also got four Promo cards from the first pokemon movie which are:
Electabuzz 60 HP
Pikachu 50 HP
Mewtwo 70 HP
Dragonite 90 HP

All have got a stamp that says "Kids WB Presents POKEMON The First Movie"

If these are worthless, don't worry about breaking it to me gently, I can take it :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
Other How Many ID Holo
Dark Charizard 1 4/82 Yes
Exploud 1 3/106 Yes
Magneton 1 9/130 Yes
Minum 1 7/97 Yes
Flaaffy 1 27/97 Yes
Magneton 1 11/62 Yes
Raichu 1 14/102 Yes
Aerodactyl 2 1/62 Yes
Machamp 2 8/102 Yes
Hitmonchan 1 7/102 Yes
Golem EX 1 91/97 Yes
Azurill 1 31/100 Yes
Swablu 1 75/97 Yes
Kangaskhan 1 5/64 Yes
Erika's Dragonair 1 4/132 Yes
Desert Ruins 1 88/101 Yes
Dragonite 1 4/62 Yes
Chansey 1 3/130 Yes
Ninetales 2 12/102 Yes
Charizard 2 4/130 Yes
Rhyhorn 1 62/106 Yes
Slugma 1 72/97 Yes
Entei 1 34 Promo Yes
Dark Alakazam 1 1/82 Yes
Banette 1 1/101 Yes
Mewtwo 1 10/102 Yes
Beldum 1 54/101 Yes
Sabrina's Gengar 1 14/132 Yes
Jirachi 1 8/101 Yes
Gengar 1 5/62 Yes
Pinsir 1 9/64 Yes
Nidoqueen 1 7/64 Yes
Victreebel 1 14/64 Yes
Erika's Vileplume 1 5/132 Yes
Muk 1 13/62 Yes
Shedinja 1 11/97 Yes
Dark Arbok 1 2/82 Yes
Vileplume 1 15/64 Yes
Cacnea 1 24/95 Yes
Dark Blastoiste 1 3/82 Yes
Relicanth 1 24/101 Yes
Swampert 1 11/106 Yes
Mudkip 1 65/97 Yes
Gyarados 1 6/102 Yes
Venosaur 2 15/102 Yes
Dark Celebi 1 4/101 Yes
Skarmory 1 21/97 No
Tyranitar 1 31/75 No
Houndour 1 59/97 No
Poochyena 1 55/95 No
Poochyena 1 65/95 No
Darkness Energy 2 93/109 No
Full Heal Energy 1 81/82 No
Water Energy 1 103/106 Yes
Fire Energy 1 102/106 Yes
61 of 1,161 unique Pokemon. Other Pokemon are from the first series such as "machop, Ponyta ..."

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
How much are they worth?

I have nine cards from the original 1996 pocket monsters thingy; Chikorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Croconaw, Quilava, Meganium (shiny), Feraligator (shiny), Typhlosion (shiny). I would like to know how much they are worth. The ID no. go from No. 152 - No. 160 and all are completely in Japanese.

Years
Okay, just a quick little reply here because I'm doing a lot of things at once right now. I'll try to get people I missed later.

I have nine cards from the original 1996 pocket monsters thingy; Chikorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Croconaw, Quilava, Meganium (shiny), Feraligator (shiny), Typhlosion (shiny). I would like to know how much they are worth. The ID no. go from No. 152 - No. 160 and all are completely in Japanese.

I need a bit more information. Do you have a limited edition binder that these came in? Whether you have that or not affects the value somewhat.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
hello :), i have just been looking through my pokemon cards and i have found one unique to my others and im not sure how much it is worth thanks i will post some pictures when i can

IMG_6239_zps98cf99d3.jpg

IMG_6236_zps3cf92b15.jpg

itsays it was made in 2004 is 25/112 and has a silver shiny star in the bottom right corner. But do you see it has a shiny symbol on the middle of the card? thats what i was wondering as i have never seen it on a pokemon card before :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
Hey all, I used to be very into collecting pokemon cards, but I fell out of it in the early 2000s. I held on to a single card from my collection. The Imakuni? Trainer card

I can't post a picture since this is my first post, but apparently it's a CoroCoro promo from 1997.

Any idea on it's value?

Years
Hi guys, i am new here :).

I have read the first post, but i have 10-15 cards which i need to ask you guys what is average value of each card, u dont need to tell me accurate, but i want to have overall vision of my cards value.

I used to collect pokemon cards when i was kid so i have some old holos.

I am wondering how much could cost shining kabutops, raichu, tyranitar, celebi and magicarp (all are shining, but magicarp is a bit different and it's from Neo Revelations)

Same goes for crystal crobat, charizard and holem. (skyridge).

And i have all holo trainer cards, from Brock to Giovanni + 3 Team rocket holo trainer cards (Here comes team rocket, Rocket's sneak attack, The rocket's trap). How much i could ask for them as a collection.

And last one is some Japanise charizard edition, picture of pokemon is non holo, bur rest of card is holo, and on back is not pokemon, but pocket monsters, version of charizard is one with 120hp and 100 damage + pokemon power. Here is how it look's like -> .ebay.com/itm/Rare-Japanese-Charizard-Pocket-Monsters-Pokemon-foil-holo-card-/120992217801?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2bb2bac9 (add www before, as it wont let me post this link since i dont have mroe then 15 posts)

Ty and sorry for asking you for that many cards.

Shining Kabutops: $25 to $30
Shining Raichu: $15 to $20
Shining Tyranitar: $15 to $20
Shining Celebi: $20 to $25
Shining Magikarp: $10 to $15
Crystal Crobat: $25 to $30
Crystal Charizard: $70 to $80
Crystal Golem: $15 to $20

As for the Gym Leader cards, I'd assume $3 to $5 apiece, based on the prices of Brock, Misty, and Giovanni.
The Team Rocket related cards would fetch $2 to $4 apiece.
I'd advise against selling them as a collection.

As for that Charizard, I can't figure out which one that is so I can properly look up completed auctions on the card. The auction description there is too vague and would likely get 6 different Charizard cards with those characteristics if I were to search using those terms.

I've got a few cards that I'm interested in getting a value on:

Holgraphic Absol Card:
70 Hp
Quick Attack - 10+ Damage
Feint Attack

Bottom right corner (not the corner of the card, but the corner on the yellow border) has 16 Shiny bars

Bottom left border corner has a large Blue E with a star next to it.

Above the shiny bars mentioned before is a four pointed star, to the left of that is a small five pointed star and the number 96/95

Kabutops Holographic card:
110 Hp
Poke-BODY Primal Stare
Luring Antenna 20 Damage
Blinding Scythe 60 damage

Has a Star mark in the bottom left corner as well as what looks what might be a cave with a sun rising over it (marking)
10/108

Then I've got a First Edition Holgraphic Machamp that came with the 2-Player Started Set from 1998

Also got four Promo cards from the first pokemon movie which are:
Electabuzz 60 HP
Pikachu 50 HP
Mewtwo 70 HP
Dragonite 90 HP

All have got a stamp that says "Kids WB Presents POKEMON The First Movie"

If these are worthless, don't worry about breaking it to me gently, I can take it :)

Absol: $6 to $9.
Kabutops: $2 to $3.
Machamp: $3 to $5.

All 4 of those movie promos are worth $2 to $3. There were and are just too many of them in circulation, really.

hello :), i have just been looking through my pokemon cards and i have found one unique to my others and im not sure how much it is worth thanks i will post some pictures when i can

IMG_6239_zps98cf99d3.jpg

IMG_6236_zps3cf92b15.jpg

itsays it was made in 2004 is 25/112 and has a silver shiny star in the bottom right corner. But do you see it has a shiny symbol on the middle of the card? thats what i was wondering as i have never seen it on a pokemon card before :)

Oh, that Hypno? That symbol used on the background of the card is the set symbol for the ex:FireRed and LeafGreen set. I think it's the special holo version of that card that was only included in certain theme decks. Value for that is $1 to $2 at best. Not worth very much at all.

Hey all, I used to be very into collecting pokemon cards, but I fell out of it in the early 2000s. I held on to a single card from my collection. The Imakuni? Trainer card

I can't post a picture since this is my first post, but apparently it's a CoroCoro promo from 1997.

Any idea on it's value?

Uh... my guess is $20, but there's not much to go on in the past 3 months of sales, seeing as it's not a commonly sold card.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
How much do you think these would be worth?

-Holo Gyarados; 6/102; NOT Shadowless; NOT 1st Edition

-Zapdos; 30/62; The set symbol is a bony hand; NOT 1st Edition

-Dark Weezing; 31/82; Team Rocket; NOT 1st Edition

-Blaine's Nine Tails (Japanese); Gym set; No. 038

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
I recently found an old collection of pokemon cards I had when I was growing up. The first card is from the U.S. while the other three are Japanese. These are the ones I'm more curious about. I'll probably be posting some more later.

1. Wartortle Promo Card (notice the WD stamp in picture)
Second set? icon shows pokeball with a 2 behind it.
63/130
Not sure if it's first edition
Not shadowless

2. Trainer card: Here Comes Team Rocket! (white star on bottom right)
Holographic

3. Murkrow [Yamikarasu, Japanese Name] (white star on bottom right)
Neo Genesis Set
No. 198
Not shadowless
Not Holographic

4. Imakuni's Doduo (white star on bottom right)
Gym Leader Set? (icon has pokeball with the word gym in it)
No. 084
Not Shadowless
Not Holographic

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2012
I have all of the first gen pokemon cards, all holo's and rares anyone know the price for a complete collection? all cards in mint condition

Years
How much do you think these would be worth?

-Holo Gyarados; 6/102; NOT Shadowless; NOT 1st Edition

-Zapdos; 30/62; The set symbol is a bony hand; NOT 1st Edition

-Dark Weezing; 31/82; Team Rocket; NOT 1st Edition

-Blaine's Nine Tails (Japanese); Gym set; No. 038

Gyarados - $2 to $4.

Fossil Zapdos - $2 to $3.

Dark Weezing - $1 to $2.

Blaine's Ninetales - $3 to $5.

I recently found an old collection of pokemon cards I had when I was growing up. The first card is from the U.S. while the other three are Japanese. These are the ones I'm more curious about. I'll probably be posting some more later.

1. Wartortle Promo Card (notice the WD stamp in picture)
Second set? icon shows pokeball with a 2 behind it.
63/130
Not sure if it's first edition
Not shadowless

2. Trainer card: Here Comes Team Rocket! (white star on bottom right)
Holographic

3. Murkrow [Yamikarasu, Japanese Name] (white star on bottom right)
Neo Genesis Set
No. 198
Not shadowless
Not Holographic

4. Imakuni's Doduo (white star on bottom right)
Gym Leader Set? (icon has pokeball with the word gym in it)
No. 084
Not Shadowless
Not Holographic

Thanks!

Wartortle - $2 to $4.
Here Comes Team Rocket! - $2 to $4.
Murkrow - $0.15 to $0.50.
Imakuni's Doduo - $7 to $12.

I have all of the first gen pokemon cards, all holo's and rares anyone know the price for a complete collection? all cards in mint condition

Depends on what you mean by complete collection. Complete sets of the cards are worth more than just having all of the rares, or one of each Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2012
Hi im not looking to sell my cards but i was wondering if anyone could give me a rough value on a full set of pokemon cards (being one of every pokemon from generation I - IV) from the pokemon pearl diamond and platinum sets. I have holos of the most important and legendary cards, and every single card is in mint - near mint condition.

Thanks let me know

(P.S this is my first post and am not really sure if im posting this in the right spot)

Years
Hi im not looking to sell my cards but i was wondering if anyone could give me a rough value on a full set of pokemon cards (being one of every pokemon from generation I - IV) from the pokemon pearl diamond and platinum sets. I have holos of the most important and legendary cards, and every single card is in mint - near mint condition.

Thanks let me know

(P.S this is my first post and am not really sure if im posting this in the right spot)

Most collectors don't seek out one of each Pokemon when buying. They seek out entire sets of cards, so if you were to tally up the individual value of each of your cards, that'd be what they'd be worth all together, roughly, and they wouldn't be worth anymore just because you've got one of all 493 of them.

What it comes down to is that it depends on which ones you have.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Near mint Misprint(Upside down pokeball on the back) Delta Species(Fire) Mew card?

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Lugia ex - 105/115 - Ultra-Rare (Ex Unseen Forces) Near Mint English

Mewtwo-EX - 98/99 - Full Art Ultra Rare (Black & White 4: Next Destinies) Near Mint English 

Darkrai-EX - 107/108 - Full Art Ultra Rare (Black & White 5: Dark Explorers)Near mint English 

Darkrai-EX - 63/108 - Ultra Rare (Black & White 5: Dark Explorers)
Near mint English 

I have these and I'm just wondering how much they worth.

Years
Near mint Misprint(Upside down pokeball on the back) Delta Species(Fire) Mew card?

Around as much as the normal version, as it seems to be just as common as the normal version. So $5 to $10.

Lugia ex - 105/115 - Ultra-Rare (Ex Unseen Forces) Near Mint English

Mewtwo-EX - 98/99 - Full Art Ultra Rare (Black & White 4: Next Destinies) Near Mint English 

Darkrai-EX - 107/108 - Full Art Ultra Rare (Black & White 5: Dark Explorers)Near mint English 

Darkrai-EX - 63/108 - Ultra Rare (Black & White 5: Dark Explorers)
Near mint English 

I have these and I'm just wondering how much they worth.

Lugia ex $35 to $40

Mewtwo EX FA $35 to $40

Darkrai EX FA $33 to $38

Darkrai EX $20 to $25.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Thank you.

Full art Mew EX and the original Promo Pikachu(sometimes called Ivy Pikachu?) and the Delta Species Shining star Mew i posted in the booster pack thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back