• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you sort your Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
I'm glad this post was made as this is something I need to do, organize my Pokemon.

Years
I wish my boxes were organised but they are not :( haha I use the last box for my legendaries, and the one before the last for my team, if I need to switch my team I put the pokemon in this box to find them easily.

I might organize them according to their types in X haha :)

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
My boxes in Black 2:
HIDDEN - Pokemon with hidden abilities, from Hidden Grottoes or the DW (background: sky, 'cause the DW is in the sky)
Ns PKMN - for N's Pokemon (background: simple white)
DITTO - box full of Ditto for breeding purposes, their names are in alphabetical order (background: purple)
TRADED - traded Pokemon (background: Pokecenter, because I got them at the Pokecenter)
SWARMS - swarming Pokemon (background: desert)
LEGENDS - legendary Pokemon and events (background: snow)
DAYCARE - my breeding projects (background: beach, like a children's playground)

The rest of my boxes are just Pokemon I catch in game. I don't sort those any further, but I sometimes use the markers feature. I usually forget why I marked them though {XD}

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I used to organize by type until I got too many of a type and the Pokemon started to overflow into other boxes.

Now I organize by Pokedex number. This makes it way easier to find a Pokemon I need. And I have just enough room in the last box to put both of my teams in as well.

jiminy_jam

Stuck inside a Net Ball
Years
I do like the idea of sorting by number, that's pretty cool, although it does sound a little tedious.

The problem with my system is that I have near 2 full boxes of Water Pokemon.
Luckily I'm near finished the National Dex in White, so I don't need much more space.

Years
alphabetical order is my method. Makes it so much easier to find them. like box 1 might be A&B, box 2 would be C&D. so on and so forth. Its good because i don't have to worry about dual-type mayhem and because there arent many with V, W, X, Y & Z they can all go in one box and leave me room for Legendaries and EV trained poke's in theyre own boxes. Saves me searching for my best team when I'm going to wifi battle or whatever.

Years
I play Fire Red, and I organized them by their pokédex number, first Bulbasaur, then Ivysaur, and so on.
Also change the Box's name, so they end up like this:

Box 1: 1-30
Box 2: 31-60
Box 3: 61-90

And that way it's easy to find them.
The remaining boxes are for shinies, eggs and others, like, I have a male Snorlax on the box it has to be, and a female (you can catch 2 Snorlax) on the remaining box.
I try to have all evolutions (have one Charmander, one Charmeleon and one Charizard for example), that way the boxes are completely full.
Other thing is if I found a shiny pokémon, let's say Starmie, but I haven't caught one Starmie at all (wich it actually happened like a week ago), even though it's shiny, it will go to the normal spot.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't organize my Pokémon in a particular way, but I put Synchronize Pokémon in their own box, as well as the Pokémon I intend to use in Battle facilities. In D/P/Pt, I kept Unown in their own box as well.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sorting 649+ Pokemon through 20+ boxes?

tumblr_inline_mfmigfah2M1rcsf7e.gif

Seriously though? I used to try to put them in number order, but it became too time consuming and I saw very little point in continuing. I just leave them as they are. Only time they move around is when I cycle my team around.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
For me, I just put them in any order, setting aside boxes for: legendaries, shinies, and level 100's. If a shiny or legendary makes it to level 100, they go in the level 100 box anyways.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
i've never organized my pokemon lol... they go where they go when i catch them.
I got a little organized when i started breeding but i only moved pokemon i cared about essentially.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I previously organized by type, level, and gender. But I had way too many normal types for that to work haha.

Now my boxes are crowded and messy. I almost always have to search for a box with an open space. x:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I actually just developed an OCD a few days ago, organizing my pokemon according to various classifications... although some may be "forced" into those habitats to save space.

Lakeside/Riverside = consists of grass, water, and rarely even other pokemons that would normally live near the said habitat. Marill, Deerling, Stantler, Shaymin, Keldeo, Wooper, Whiscash, Basculin, Magikarp, Golduck to name a few.

Deep Sea/Ocean = consists of most water pokemon. This includes any water type that you literally should find in the sea/ocean. Some examples are Jellicent, Shellder, Corsola, Kingler, Tentacruel, Gyarados, Stunfisk, etc.

Caves/Tunnels = includes a lot of pokemon found in caves. Usually rock pokemon, but also includes other non-rock pokemon such as Golbat, Dunsparce, Koffing, Muk and Woobat. Basically, sewers are also considered tunnels, so..

Hot Zone = this includes pokemon that could live in extreme temperatures, or at least could produce those extreme temperatures. Since desert and ground pokemon (not placed in the Cave box) are very few, I've included all fire pokemon in the box(es) as well. Cacnea, Krookorok, Trapinch, Numel, and Sandshrew are found here.

Fields = this includes pokemon found in mostly any grass of patch, and does not match other boxes' quotas. Normal pokemons are most commonly found here, as well as some poison types found in grass such as Stunky, Arbok and Seviper. No need to give examples for normals you find in the field. There are at least two Fields boxes in every game i play. Flying types are also found here.

Forest = includes all bugs and even most grass types. Typically, all of them are found in forests, but not strictly. Bellossom, for example, isn't really a forest-exclusive... but since most of the oddish line are also found in forests, i've included bellossom here. Some exceptions such as Slakoth and Sudowoodo are also found here.

PowerPlant = All steel types and electric types. Scizor and Forretress are included in the Forest box, though.

Stronk/Strong = includes most legendaries and all dragons.

Party = mostly the ones i'm currently using for battles. Also includes the HM slaves.

Daycare = most "pink" pokemon are found here. Chansey, Clefairy, Wigglytuff, Granbull... etc. Not strictly daycare though, i just had nothing to name it. Porygon is found here.

Gloompit/Stinkpit = Includes a lot of dark and ghost types. Ice types that couldn't fit into the deep ocean category are also found here... such as Swinub (cave box is too full), Glalie, Delibird, and ugly Jynx.

Experts = Fighting and Psychic types.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Because I capture so few Pokemon in game (i.e. only ones that I get as gifts or will conceivably use in my team), there isn't really so much a sorting process as a 'first come first served' policy re: space. I imagine I would have a system by type if I was serious about collecting critters, but the 'system' I have at the moment seems to work well so far.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I used to just put them in whatever box they were sent to but then I started putting the Water types in a "Water" box and Fire types in a "Fire" box and so forth.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I do National Dex order in the games I have a lot of Pokemon in. My White 2 file has at least 14 boxes completely filled with every Pokemon in order so... it's really the only way to do it lol

In my games where I don't bother to collect, I have no organization at all cause I only fill like, 3 boxes max.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't organise them in the pc box, I mostly just throw them in.

Although occasionally if I'm doing a lot of breeding I'll set aside a box to put my breeding pokemon in....and maybe another box for shiny pokemon. That's about it in terms of organisation.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Good question. I usually put the NFEs in one box and the Fully Evolved in another box. Any Eggs that I don't use go into a third box. If I have lots of Pokemon, and feel the need to use more boxes, I would color-code each box to help me distinguish each Pokemon.

blue

gucci
Years
Boxes? I never bother with those, I only focus on the six Pokémon that are on my team and any extras just are placed randomly in my PC boxes.

Back