• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Also How does one get a tyrogue into a hitmontop out of a adamant nature

I don't know much about natures or EVs, but I think you should just encourage the lower stat and press B if you are getting the wrong result from the evolution. Just keep trying. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
I just started playing, caught some pretty cool Pokemon and all, but...it's too complicated to train my Pokemon. There aren't nearly enough trainers behind Virbank City for me to level up efficiently and the Wild Pokemon only go up to Level 7. The Gym leader's Pokemon are 16-18, but my Pokemon are too far behind that even with a good hour of training them all to level 14 back at Floccesy Ranch.

Now I'm at Castelia where the Pokemon in the desert above are too complicated to train with and while me and Hugh are in the sewer, he already has a level 20 Pokemon and my max is 18.

If I just keep trying to progress with my weak Pokemon, I'll just end up ripping my hair out.

So...how do I train?

Level 18 Dewott
Level 18 Flaffy
Level 17 Riolu
Level 16 Pidove
Level 15 Darumaka

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I just started playing, caught some pretty cool Pokemon and all, but...it's too complicated to train my Pokemon. There aren't nearly enough trainers behind Virbank City for me to level up efficiently and the Wild Pokemon only go up to Level 7. The Gym leader's Pokemon are 16-18, but my Pokemon are too far behind that even with a good hour of training them all to level 14 back at Floccesy Ranch.

Now I'm at Castelia where the Pokemon in the desert above are too complicated to train with and while me and Hugh are in the sewer, he already has a level 20 Pokemon and my max is 18.

If I just keep trying to progress with my weak Pokemon, I'll just end up ripping my hair out.

So...how do I train?

Level 18 Dewott
Level 18 Flaffy
Level 17 Riolu
Level 16 Pidove
Level 15 Darumaka

Grind. I'm afraid, if you've exhausted every other option, it would be best to switch off your battle animation and battle what ever provides the most experience for you in other areas of the game that you said you can handle efficiently. Keep grinding until you feel your team is at an adequate level to handle whatever comes next.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

So...how do I train?

Level 18 Dewott
Level 18 Flaffy
Level 17 Riolu
Level 16 Pidove
Level 15 Darumaka

Get near a patch of grass with out standing in it. Run (press and hold the B button) back and forth until one of the pieces of grass start to shake. Enter the shaking grass and fight Audino. Audino have a large EXP hand out. Only way to train is to grind.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years

So...how do I train?

Level 18 Dewott
Level 18 Flaffy
Level 17 Riolu
Level 16 Pidove
Level 15 Darumaka

You have too many pokemon, that's why you are underleveled. The Vibank gym has like 2 pokemon. So you should have 2 main guys and a third catching up.

add new pokes to the team slowly so you level faster.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
If I'm not wrong, you have the option to set your Pokemon to Lv100 when playing Wifi-battles. Your EV training will also be registered.

{NM}Redwolf

Rebels against the God
Years
My question more of involves an action replay card. I have one that i use to use on my old DS Lite but when i try to use it in my 3DS for White 2 i keep getting error messages that tell me to turn it off. Is this action replay card no longer compatable with the 3DS?

simons545

Aspiring Master
Years
My question more of involves an action replay card. I have one that i use to use on my old DS Lite but when i try to use it in my 3DS for White 2 i keep getting error messages that tell me to turn it off. Is this action replay card no longer compatable with the 3DS?

Is that action replay by any chance "action replay ds"? Don't mean to be smart or anything but, its kinda self-explanatory...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If I'm not wrong, you have the option to set your Pokemon to Lv100 when playing Wifi-battles. Your EV training will also be registered.

Sadly, you're wrong here. Level 100 battles weren't implemented in B/W onward. However, level 50 battles still stand.

Xolace

✿♥✿
Years
I've decided to use a Scolipede in my main team and am having a hard time deciding between Natures. Jolly and Adamant are two I have at the moment. Scolipede seems to have pretty good Speed on its own however more couldn't hurt.

Any suggestions?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
@Cryptonix
By behind Virbank you mean Virbank Complex right? The wild Pokemon there are like 10-14, plus there are 6 trainers.

I've decided to use a Scolipede in my main team and am having a hard time deciding between Natures. Jolly and Adamant are two I have at the moment. Scolipede seems to have pretty good Speed on its own however more couldn't hurt.

Any suggestions?

Scolipede should outspeed everything in the campaign other than the rare Crobat and the single Jolteon, so Adamant will be more useful.

Years
What about for competitive play? Would Jolly be better? Due to its abundant weaknesses I figure Jolly might come in handy.

Based on information from its Smogon page, Jolly is the better ability for competitive because it needs all the speed it can get.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
Scolipede's base 90 Attack seems acceptable for RU standards, thus there is no harm in choosing Jolly Nature over Adamant Nature. To make up for the "loss in power", Scolipede also has access to a very reliable boosting move - Swords Dance.

After just one turn of set-up, it can really wreck havoc on almost anything :)

Also, due to its high speed, it can get a fast but slightly inaccurate Toxic on most bulky set-up sweepers.

Last edited:

Xolace

✿♥✿
Years
Thanks a ton Zekrom.

I have two Venipede Lv.1

HP • 11
ATT • 6
DEF • 6
SP.ATT • 4
SP.DEF • 6
SPEED • 6

HP • 11
ATT • 6
DEF • 6
SP.ATT • 4
SP.DEF • 5
SPEED • 6

Both with a Jolly Nature. "Alert to sounds"

Why is it that one has less in SP.DEF?

Also, can anyone tell me how to check what IVs a Pokémon has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back