• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will these games make it harder to make a fortune?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So as we know in the Unova games, making money was REALLY easy, making the games a lot easier. With so many high selling items everywhere, regenerating items and players you could rematch over and over in the sequels, running out of money really wasn't an issue. This leads to the question as to whether we really need all that money, and whether it ruins the "realistic" experience, because in real life, logically everyone can't really be that rich.

Now the only ways I can see this changing are if they devalue the worth of items in Unova, have less Nuggets even - maybe just one in the games, or alternatively... have trainer rematches but for 100 wins to be worth a medal, or something taking note of what you've done, rather than money. Having to actually work for money would make the games somewhat of a more real experience, whereas the Unova games were way too easy with this, and nothing else was more expensive either, so it was like inflation but without the other effects. It was crazy!

So, would you like to see less ways to make money in these games given the Unova games' overkill? If so, would you suggest any of the above ideas, or your own? Or would you rather keep it how it was in the previous games? Why? Discuss!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well some of the tm's were made more expensive but it was only a one time buy so it was a nice investment. I do beleive they should fix it...maybe cut the amount of money by half yet still have the same number as Unova Nuggets and other items...
Or simply do away with the super rare items by limiting them to one per game except for the lottery like with the master ball.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
No. I will always run out of money without getting paid from multiple battles with the same trainer. The items are found and sold but respawns are very rare. I think this would only encourage hacking which is what I used to do for money. Item cloning is almost key to being rich. I don't understand how people don't spend all their money.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I still remember playing Yellow for the first time and if you bought to much crap early on, until you got to the E4 you were screwed because there was a very limited amount of money early on. So my vote is on maybe. It really depends how they were to implement it - I don't want to have my pockets constantly overflowing with MAD STAX OF DOLLAS, YO but I also don't want to have to worry that every single dollar/yen/doll hair might be my last and the like.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I don't see it changing, because it's not really a top priority. I don't really think Pokemon is a game where you should be forced to work for money to progress through the game, money is just there to help you along the way. Although, it would make sense to about half what we earned in Unova because you really don't need that much money.

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
Well making money has never seemed that hard in Pokemon to me. If i ever needed money i just did a run through of the elite four with a member of my team holding a lucky coin. Even that ridiculously priced ribbon in platinum what was it like $999,999? It's been easy to find money for ever, so I wouldn't mind if they make it a little harder to get the green stuff. Maybe even make different levels of difficulty like they did in B/W2 and set money making abilities to that as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm surprised most of you don't want to make it a little harder! Personally I figure it's like... working for it. Back in the early days of Pokemon we did have to fight for what we wanted and work hard to reach to where we wanted to get to (and money, too!) Now we just get it handed to us. Wouldn't it be more rewarding if you only got money after fighting really hard, putting all your effort in, and morally I think that would be a great lesson to teach the younger players. To fight for what you want, and not just get it because you think you're entitled to it, imo at least.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Nah I'm lazy, and I don't want to have to work for it, that's not the reason I play Pokemon. An option would be nice I guess though.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm surprised most of you don't want to make it a little harder! Personally I figure it's like... working for it. Back in the early days of Pokemon we did have to fight for what we wanted and work hard to reach to where we wanted to get to (and money, too!) Now we just get it handed to us. Wouldn't it be more rewarding if you only got money after fighting really hard, putting all your effort in, and morally I think that would be a great lesson to teach the younger players. To fight for what you want, and not just get it because you think you're entitled to it, imo at least.

I would like it to be more challenging to get money. It makes you budget more and think about what you're buying. Not like in B2/W2 where I use about 50 Max Repels a day and not think twice and then just earn fortunes at the Black Tower/White Treehollow.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I think gaining money should be a bit harder yeah; siiiince money isn't actually all that easy to gain. I think by doing things like In-game jobs and of course trainer battles should be our man source of profit; with we very rarely gain treasure items to sell. Though, budgeting to get poitions, pokeballs, and other stuff might be a little bit of a pain, that could serve as a challenge itself.

blue

gucci
Years
They sold TMs at a much higher price but I think that was because they could be taught numerous times. I hope they reduce the amount of high sellingitems, it would drive you to battle trainers in order to gain your money rather than selling Nuggets and what not.

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
Years
Nah I doubt they would make it that bad. They have to make it somewhat easy for the younger kids who play it and don't get pokemon money making for the old/experienced players :D

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I'd love it if they kept it this way. I have 999 Max Repels thanks to the join avenue. And when there's that 50% discount on all shops I go crazy and spend a lot of money on their shops.
But I can easily regain all that money, I just use a pokémon with Amulet Coin, use a pass power (Prize Money^^^) and I earn 37k from each sports player. If I'm luck to find a socialite or a gentleman then I earn 75k for that battle.
I haven't tried this in the league yet.

I hope they keep the easy money thing. The easy EXP thing as well. It saves us from a lot of grinding for exp and money.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... yeah, Unova really did make it way too easy to make so much money in the game. xD

I think in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, they shouldn't have many Nuggets in the game, perhaps only four normal Nuggets and one Big Nugget. And making every other item that makes alot of money much more rarer than they were in Unova.

And maybe the trainers should only give you half of the winning money than what they gave you the first time when re-battling them. That would make it even more challenging to make more money than usual.

On top of that, I'd like to see some job in where you can earn some money, but only in little amounts though. It would make the game more challenging, and it would make it more realistic, 'cause you never really earn huge amounts in reality anyways, unless you have a career. xD

And really, I think at the start of the game... you should only start off with only a small amount of money, like say around 100 or something. That should make it more challenging. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nah I doubt they would make it that bad. They have to make it somewhat easy for the younger kids who play it and don't get pokemon money making for the old/experienced players :D

Well thing is there's a lot of older players than younger players by generation six, so you'd expect it'd be a little harder given their age range has risen due to the Pokemon franchise lasting for so many years. :x plus making more money means more battles and more exp rather than just making money by selling things :(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Running out of money has never ever been in an issue in any pokemon game I've played. I always have oodles of it and more than I know what to do with.

(I've been playing since the first generation)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Running out of money has never ever been in an issue in any pokemon game I've played. I always have oodles of it and more than I know what to do with.

(I've been playing since the first generation)

The only time when I ever ran out of money... was way back when I was first playing Pokémon Yellow in my childhood and battling the first Gym Leader in the game, which is Brock. Since I had no knowledge of Pokémon back in those days, I always ended up losing on the first Gym Leader battle, 'cause I was always thinking at that time "I'll just attack even if it's not very effective". xD

But either way, if Pokémon X and Pokémon Y make it harder to get more money, then it surely would make the game more challenging, and wow I surely do love a good challenge. ;)

But the problem is, I think Nintendo is making games much too easier than they ever used to be back the days of the classic consoles. I always remember how games like Super Mario Bros. was very challenging, but now games like New Super Mario Bros. 2 makes it too easy with White Raccoon Mario, which kind of ruins the fun out of the challenge. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Some how I always seem to spend all of my money... >.<

So you're for MORE ways of making money, ya? I can see how the mass of ways to get money can definitely benefit some people but idk next thing you know is they'll give you money for evolving Pokemon ;_;

ArcanineLink

Experienced Arcanine Trainer
Years
So you're for MORE ways of making money, ya? I can see how the mass of ways to get money can definitely benefit some people but idk next thing you know is they'll give you money for evolving Pokemon ;_;

I do always seem to somehow spend all of my money but I get it back quite easily by defeating the White Treehollow over and over and that boosts my money right back up there. I think they should keep it the same, although my opinion could change depending what is in the new game etc ... because if player customization is available I wouldn't want to have to defeat 1000 Pokemon trainers just to be able to afford a pair of socks for my character xD

Back