• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Moveset Changes

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Like every new Pokemon game moveset changes to most Pokemon come along with it. There have been quite a few Pokemon with new movesets. Serebii has compiled a list of all Pokemon with changes. I haven't noticed any major changes yet; after all I don't have all movesets memorized. Growlithe does get Outrage though!

The list of Pokemon!

Discuss!

Pokemon that have had level up changes (What I have noticed, or someone else has posted)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Well they did this in FR/LG, so...

While I don't want to be "that guy", I still think that it's probably for the better, and it's gonna improve gameplay. They have professional degrees in game-making subjects, after all. They probably know what they're doing.

But aside from my rants, I think it's gonna be fun, learning different moves at different times! It's not something I'm obsessed about (I'm not that into competitive battling after all), but it'd be fun to see different Pokés learn weird new moves ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I think it's neat Marill and Azumarill get Super Power, and Azurill learns bounce. c:
Growlithe with Outrage is pretty beastly, tbh. It looks like they switch up the Eeveelutions as well. Their Bites or Bite-alternatives are learned much earlier. And their last move is on level 45, so that's pretty cool.
Other than those, nothing really POPPED out at me.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
I think it's neat Marill and Azumarill get Super Power, and Azurill learns bounce. c:
Growlithe with Outrage is pretty beastly, tbh. It looks like they switch up the Eeveelutions as well. Their Bites or Bite-alternatives are learned much earlier. And their last move is on level 45, so that's pretty cool.
Other than those, nothing really POPPED out at me.

I think that is going to be a major move on Arcanine now, due to its average stats and 110 atk. as its moveset is pretty poor with only Flare Blitz,Close Combat and Extreme Sped being worthwhile moves

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I think that is going to be a major move on Arcanine now, due to its average stats and 110 atk. as its moveset is pretty poor with only Flare Blitz,Close Combat and Extreme Sped being worthwhile moves

Oh, no doubt about that at all.
Also, dang, Grimer gets Sludge Bomb EARLY. Level 26, what's up!

Kind of cool that Buizel gets Hydro pump now, but too bad its Special Attack isn't all that wonderful to use it well.

Perriechu

Years

Idk really. I doubt Outrage would really help it. It may sneak its way onto some movesets but I doubt it'll be a huge staple move.

Gligar & Gliscor also get Sky Uppercut.

Gliscor just keeps getting better imo. First Roost, now Sky Uppercut.

Perriechu

Years
Gamefreak are still trolling Flareon. He still doesnt have flare blitz while his cousins are kinda useful, he still is in the shadows

STOP TROLLING FLAREON!!!!!

Lmfao!! I totally forgot about this. But at least Superpower is back to give our neglected eon a bit of coverage.

Years

Azumarill w/ Aqua Jet & Superpower, and Ice Punch from Tutor c:

Am laughing in a sorta good way at the trolling of Electro Ball and Clear Smog. What I noticed that I like is Aqua Jet Beartic.

Perriechu

Years
I'm not really noticing some of these move changes. I'm only noticing the ones which have something noticeable added. SOMEONE HALP

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Can I be a bit picky?

Can someone list all the Pokemon revealed with JUST the new attacks so I can see what's goin on? I have like a hundred things goin on and can't compare new and old lists.

Perriechu

Years
Can I be a bit picky?

Can someone list all the Pokemon revealed with JUST the new attacks so I can see what's goin on? I have like a hundred things goin on and can't compare new and old lists.

I've started to do that in the first post. It would be nice to have assistance though, lol. It is quite hard to compare.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Zapdos got trolled. Hard. If it got Hurricane, then it'd be a good rain abuser.

And how can Growlithe learn Outrage? 0_0 And why GameFreak gave Sky Uppercut to Gligar and Gliscor is beyond me.

Well, it's good to see Beartic with priority at least.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Zapdos got trolled. Hard. If it got Hurricane, then it'd be a good rain abuser.

And how can Growlithe learn Outrage? 0_0 And why GameFreak gave Sky Uppercut to Gligar and Gliscor is beyond me.

Well, it's good to see Beartic with priority at least.
WHAT... they got Sky upper cut...that is the randomous thing ever even more than Amoongus coming out of tree's... though it does help against Ice types as they are weak against fighting moves ^_^

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Although maybe not as drastic, they swapped some learning levels or moved them around.

I have a Riolu in Black 2, and he's supposed to learn Force Palm at Lv11. I got Feint at Lv11. I'm sure they changed others too.

I also heard they switched around a bunch of the Eeveelution movesets, learning offensive moves earlier. If Leafeon gets Leaf Blade much earlier I would love to get one. 71 is just way too long.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

WHAT... they got Sky upper cut...that is the randomous thing ever even more than Amoongus coming out of tree's... though it does help against Ice types as they are weak against fighting moves ^_^

Um nope other than @ OU already which could use Ice Shard anyways - it won't help much or at all :(

Really random changes imo lool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I meant in general. Though you're right on Ice shard for competitive not much help there.

Wonder why they gave Arcanine outrage...lol these are random.

Perriechu

Years
Um nope other than @ OU already which could use Ice Shard anyways - it won't help much or at all :(

Really random changes imo lool.

what ice shard would ohko gliscor? ):

I did notice that the Eevee line had a lot of moves that they learn early. It's nice not to have to level them up to like 71 to get a decent move.

Back