• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue hack: Pokemon Blue Kaizo: Update 4.5 (Very challenging experience)

How Kaizo was this?

• Definately Kaizo

Votes: 162 60.9%
  • Fairly challenging

Votes: 28 10.5%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 28 10.5%
  • Remove Flash HM from Rock Tunnel for unremovable flash

Votes: 58 21.8%
  • Unfair

Votes: 36 13.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2016
hey when i enter in giovani's gym this happens.
Untitled-V65qa8tk.png

can u help me plz?

Roger Davis

Goofball
Years
Do you have a list of the moveset changes? It might help with choosing a team
I agree with this.

I understand some sacrifices have to be made for some Pokemon to have better movesets, but it's pretty annoying to say the least when you spend a lot of time leveling up a new Pokemon for it to only know Take Down, especially when you're expecting something powerful to come from it.

The game is pretty fun, but having some knowledge of moveset changes would be nice.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2019
I noticed it says "Red hack" in the title but it is actuall a hack of Pokemon Blue.

Should I patch Pokemon Red or Blue?

I tried Red and the title screen is messed up, says Pokemon Red v aizen or something.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
I noticed it says "Red hack" in the title but it is actuall a hack of Pokemon Blue.

Should I patch Pokemon Red or Blue?

I tried Red and the title screen is messed up, says Pokemon Red v aizen or something.

It's a Blue hack, not red. It says red hack for every rb romhack, even though this is blue Kaizo and not red kaizo. I have no control over that part of the title.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
You just need the pokemon blue rom, the ips patch of choice (Lunar ips), a gameboy emulator, and the ips patch found in the downloads link.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
UPDATE 4.5
Ether prices go from 9800 to 1000, being more affordable for the fuschia marathon.
One Biker placement has been altered in cycling road. (Before, the biker blocked a long path. This was not intentional; the tool didn't save that placement correctly before, but now it has.)
Mt. Moon is slightly shorter in length, but there are diverging paths to choose, on second floor
Cycling road has a map layout update; a bridge where SS.Anne could pass under.
Optional route also has map layout update; bridges where SS. Anne can pass under.

When I finish patching and uploading the ips, PLEASE update. It will save you from unintentional misery mid-game.

Patching is finished, though Romhacking.net link will have to wait. Remember to stick to Pokecommunity for Blue Kaizo! This is the fastest and most reliable way to find out about Blue Kaizo Updates, and remember that updates will make the game more enjoyable by fixing mistakes, and adding something new.

Spread the word! Blue Kaizo has a new update! Cheaper ethers means you don't have to backtrack to the pokemon center throughout the Fuschia Marathon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Any update on a moveset list?

Well, 150 Pokemon (except ditto) have move pool changes, but generally, most useless moves (like rage, growl, and leer, focus energy) that the AI can't use properly are removed, and some stab moves, (earthquake to sand slash and rhydon, who didn't have it in the original game), are added to Pokemon that didn't have it before.

A good guide comes from trainers you face. Apart from double team, and maybe psychic, if you see a move on the regular trainer, chances are you will learn it. If not, you will just have to catch them. Water moves mostly have waterfall; surf is the hm.

The reason why I haven't made a complete movesets guide was because the order of Pokemon and their specific level up movesets are extremely disorganized, and the original defaults were so awful and redundant (tail whip and leer rhydon and tauros), EVERYTHING except ditto needed to change (tentacruel family is the worst by far, so many wasted level up slots) that making a typed list would make the already long process of edits even longer.

Here's the context:
Multiply 150 by 4 moves lot changes. Then multiply additional moves lots, that will total over 2000 movepool changes. And not many people will read that. Sad thing is, those changes are essential, since there aren't any custom movesets tools for rby., and bosses use default sets like trainers. There's a reason why many hacks of rby have extremely poor movesets.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Are enemies able to be PP-starved? If so, you could probably give enemy Articuno Ice Beam alongside Blizzard. Thanks to RBY bugs, it's pretty difficult to give defensive moves to the enemies, unfortunately.

Years
That looks quite interesting, but I'd like to ask you a question when it comes to hack Gen1 games.

How do you edit the Gym leaders to have more than two or four pokemon on their team/s as well as the movest?
I'd like to try it out in HEX editor.

What offest to increase the number of party members up to six for gym leader/s?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
That looks quite interesting, but I'd like to ask you a question when it comes to hack Gen1 games.

How do you edit the Gym leaders to have more than two or four pokemon on their team/s as well as the movest?
I'd like to try it out in HEX editor.

What offest to increase the number of party members up to six for gym leader/s?

Well, the way I did it was changing
FF to a level number. This effectively doubles the party members, though the game will only read the first six Pokemon. Doubling Brock and misty gave 4 Pokemon, doubling surge gave six. Doubling Giovanni second battle will give 8, but only the first six will be sent out.

If you do this, you can't really make the individual levels of individual Pokemon. They will have the same levels (which I honestly think is better for a boss; no level gaps in between). You won't get the single custom move for the last Pokemon in the third moveslot. Bosses and trainers do not have custom moves otherwise.
You will probably have to play around with the hex editing. The game is extremely primitive.

If you feel too restricted, Drake Seawood might be better at both custom movepools and full teams

I would advise in finding the pokered disassembly to find offsets.
If you see 00, don't touch that. That separates the trainers.

As for movesets... Either ask drake about custom moves being possible, or, do what I did and change the level up movepool of a specific Pokemon so that they have a good movesets. I did that for 150 Pokemon. It isn't going to be quick though.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2022
im having a problem...do you removed the EV training from the game? my pokemon stats sucks for level 100 mons...every single stats of every single pokemon is s**t!

ps:where do i find shelder?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 23, 2015
Can you please lead me to how you changed the maps please. Or maybe all of the tools you used in this process.

Really interested in modding a blue version and cannot find anything. I will be playing this though, looks really fun.

Back