• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Is The Hardest gym Leader In HG/SS?

Who Is The Hardest Gym Leader Of HG/SS?

• Falkner

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 139 49.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Chuck

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Bryce

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Claire

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • Other (Kanto)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Clair gave me the hardest time on my first playthrough. That Kingdra was just....ridiculous! Clair actually inspired me to raise a Kingdra just for that reason. I don't recall Whitney giving me trouble, but she would be #2 in my opinion. That freaking Miltank! Stupid Milk Drink and Attract.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Defeated them all first tries. Clair is the most challenging by far, and so is Lance. (Not a Gym Leader) Goes to say that Dragons are the best type in the game pretty much. Dragonite's Tanking is just amazing, and Kingdra? To bad Clair's Kingdra can't learn Milk Drink haha

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
Years
I honestly don't remember, but Whitney and that Miltank always gave me problems in the originals

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Whitney and her Miltank.... I pretty much lost to that specific Pokemon every time. I, personally, think it was a bit overpowered.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Whitney was pathetic to me. I was using dig with my Quilava and she metronomed selfdestruct and killed Clefairy. Miltank was annoying because I burned it with ember but then it used that dang Lum Berry. Luckily I had Flaffy to paralyze it with T wave.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
It has to be a tie between Whitney and Claire. I only beat that Miltank due to flinch hax. Claire's Kingdra was hard to defeat due to my Pokemon being underleveled.

TamerKoh

World of Chaos Super Deluxe...
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Once again I didn't have much of a problem defeating the Gym Leaders in this game, from either region. The main obstacles for me here were Lance and Red. Lance, due none of the Pokemon on my team having learned an Ice Type Move, causing us to peck away at his Team. Red, due to my team being seriously underleveled by the time I reached him.

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2012
My most troublesome gymleader was indeed Whitney. With all the others, you could make a plan of attack, but she just spammed rollout and stomp.
The only time i defeated her with ease, was with a quaksire that had obvlious as ability.
What makes it worse is that she cries after you win, letting you look like a bully

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
The only gym leader I had trouble with was Blue, and that was because I didn't battle him with my main team. If I did, I don't think I would have had any trouble.

Years
  • Age 117
  • Seen May 11, 2012
I put Claire, because even though she was easy peasy, she was the only person I tried battling twice, only because I forgot to heal beforehand the first time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2012
Although this may sound strange, I think that the hardest was Falkner, in the beginning, when you don't have many powerful Pokemon, Falkner that "spammed" Roost was somewhat hard to defeat

But other than that, Morty, Hypnosis and Dream Eater isn't very good ...

Years
Although this may sound strange, I think that the hardest was Falkner, in the beginning, when you don't have many powerful Pokemon, Falkner that "spammed" Roost was somewhat hard to defeat

But other than that, Morty, Hypnosis and Dream Eater isn't very good ...

He's not really hard if you trade for that Onix or catch a Mareep.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
For me, it used to be Chuck in the original games. But since Focus Punch was introduced, he's been reduced to a Chuckle.

Anyways, back on topic, it's that darn Miltank! For some reason I'm under the impression that it has max attack EVs. Claire never gave me a problem on this generation, kind of weird that I saw Dragons as pushovers this time around.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
For some reason Jasmine has always given me trouble, and once in a while Bugsy, depending on my starter. Everyone else in a piece of cake.

Back