• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

8th Movie's dub title and Rukario's dub name

Years
Serebii.net posted this today.

The dub title of the 8th movie or 3rd AG movie is "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew!"

And yes, Rukario is now dubbed Lucario as well.

Hopefully if we're lucky, Manene and Manluya's dubbed names will be dropped soon too.

More as this develops.

Edit: There, happy, Light? Heh.

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
Years
Heh, Weez I think you meant "3rd", not "3th". ^-^

Well, I think the title sounds okay. I'm not too picky on names unless it's utterly disgraceful (the Kirby "movie" title of "Fright to the Finish" =_=). For some reason I like the aesthetic look of "Rukario" better than "Lucario", even though they're the same thing. *shrug* I don't get the need to change the "k" to a "c" though. They're pretty much interchangable in the English language so... they just like the curvy roundness of the letter c? ^^;; You don't see them changing it to "Loocario" or "Lucareo". -_-

I'm curious as to what Manene and Manyula's names will be. ^-^ Especially Manyula's. Sneasel is one of my favorite pokes.

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
Years
Well I'm perfectly fin with Rukario being change to Lucario since its not that big of a difference, though Rukario for me sounds so much natural to say for some strange reason. I doesn't matter what they change Manene to for me, I'll still say Manene anyway because I'm used to it and like that way. I'm more worried about the voice casting and if they do a good job with it.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Nintendo should shy away from translating things into the form they think is most correct and try to at least have something that sounds good when read and spoken...Lucario is just going to be yet another pokemon that rolls off the tongue most awkwardly...urgh

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2008
Yeah, Kazuhito's right. I think Lucario sounds pretty cool anyway.

As for the movie title... it's okay. I prefer the Japanese title "Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero" more though... ah well.

~BlackHeartedWolf~

Naruto *Love love*
Years
Well, Rukario's dub name doesn't really surprise me at all, even though I also think that "Rukario" looks better than "Lucario." Don't ask me why, it just does. And I think I'm a little too used to saying "Rukario" instead of "Lucario." Although it's true that it was pronounced as "Lucario" in the movie, I coulda sworn there were a few times in the movie it was pronounced with the "R" instead of an "L." It's either that, or I have hearing problems =3

Anyways, moving on to the title of the movie. To be honest, I really don't like it. It sounds a little too kiddy-like for me (Okay, the other movie titles were just as dumb, but this dub title just bugs me for some reason). Besides, the movie didn't really seem to focus on Mew that much until the near end of the film. Oh well.....I guess we'll just have to go with it ^^;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Kazuhito said:
Lucario is how it's said in Japanese though.

Then they're saying it wrong too x_x

Not trying to sound ignorant, but I've never liked how the "r" and "l" sounds are interchangable in the language; it makes it incredibly hard to know how something's pronounced =/

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
If it has an "r", then it should be said with an "l" if it has an "l" then it should be said with an "r". Think it mainly comes from the fact that a lot of Japanese can't actually say the letter "r".

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
A name is a name I guess. We just going to call him Lucario. After a while we jsut going to get use to it and it be as easy to say like Pikachu or Lombre.

As of the dub title. 4Kids are horrible in dub titles. In every show except in One Piece (That is mine opinion.). Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. I could go without the Mystery part. Still it is ok I guess. Better then the last two.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Years
o.o Mystery of Mew..that sounds corny in my point of view. What about "the mystery of the Origin Tree" or just keeping the original title? x.x I hope 4Kids didn't change that much of the movie.

Sakuyamon

Pokemon Master
Years
the new title for the movie doesnt bother me at all....but I dont like that they are going to use Lucario instead of Rukario... I wish they could stop changeing R to L on the legendary pokemons in the dubb...first it was Lugia, then Latios and Latias and now Rukario! Well Im gonna continue to call Rukario Rukario and NOT Lucario!

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
Years
Kent Colton Rogers said:
It's ironic how Wikipedia caught wind of this news much before Serebii.net did.
Maybe Serebii updated Wikipedia first.
As for the 8th movie's English name being revealed I thought it would be known in March.
And I've been hearing on many websites last year that Lucario was it's English Name. But strange it wasn't revealed until now.
EDIT: If I somehow get "Lucario" in D/P I'm gonna nickname it Rukario.

Super_Lawliet

An eye for an eye my friend
Years
I'm actually surprised that Rukario's English name turned out to be Lucario. I was expecting it to stay the same...silly me.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
No I was just waiting for confirmation for all this as oppose to posting stuff that may or may not be true

OHNOEZ, Serebii is cautious so he doesnt post false stuff...curse him

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
i thought it was the tree of begginings? =/

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
Kent Colton Rogers said:
You're calling the fact that you wait for verification of information something worth cursing you about? The people hating you need better things to do then. o_o
Have you ever heard of sarcasm? :p

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
Okay... that sounds alright I guess. Hmm, but does anyone know when it coems out, like a specific date or month?

Back