• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Houndoom vs. Arcanine vs. Ninetales...who wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
the ultimate fire pokemon battle between all of the fire dogs:

Will it be Houndoom: the devlish flame hound who's inflicted burns on the opponent never heal? or will it be Arcanine: the legendary fire dog who has fascinated chinese people for centuries? or will it be ninetales: the elegant fire dog with a fierce side? YOU CHOOSE!!

by the way...i choose HOUNDOOM!! it looks the best and is the coolest!

Green Bulbasaur

Grass Lover
Years
My pick goes to Ninetails. He has a great defense and good attacks.

My friend at my house picks Arcanine, but he doesn't know Pokemon very well.

enyce

banned
Years
Houndoom, I find fire/dark rather unique. Plus it makes an awesome special sweeper. After a pokemon with calm mind baton passes to it

Dr_random

I am... All of Me
Years
Arcanie is the clear winner. pokedex data says he moves so fast & smooth he appears to be flying!!!

and to those who disagree-are you dumb?????????

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
In terms of appearance, Ninetales is definitely my favourite. It works decently in battle too, but I can't deny the sweeper qualities of Arcanine and Houndoom.

I'd say Arcanine. Because unlike Houndoom, it can actually take a few hits without fainting.

But even though Arcanine is the most useful in battle in my opinion, I still like Ninetales more. :3

Dr_random

I am... All of Me
Years
Alot of you say,"houndoom, because he looks cool" or,"ninetails has got strong attacks"
STREGNTH AND LOOKS DON'T WIN RACES!!!! ARCANINE DOES!!!!!!!!

enyce

banned
Years
SETH_xd001 said:
Alot of you say,"houndoom, because he looks cool" or,"ninetails has got strong attacks"

You're not racing when you're battling. And Ash's Bayleef, beat Arcanine in a race in one episode. O_o

Now shut the hell up and stop crying because no one picked Arcanine. We are allowed different opinions than you. Get over it...

Green Bulbasaur

Grass Lover
Years
SETH_xd001 said:

Were talking about fighting, not races.

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
Years
Technically...no...but anyway...

I'd also say Arcanine, but not only for its speed, although that is an attractive point. In my opinion, it is strong, with a good defense and attack, as well as special attack, rather than just special...like the others...

DS

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
SETH_xd001 said:

oh please, we arent talking about races!! we are talking about battling!! so shut up about arcanine because nobody wants to pick hm :pirate:

.: Giovanni :.

Tool...
Years
Well thank you to the four people that have posted the same thing. Apperently we're not racing.

Personally I like Houndoom because of it's half-dark side therefore it learns Crunch. Any poke with Fire Blast and Crunch in the same moveset has gotta be number one.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
I choose for Houndoom.

Bad things of Arcanine and Ninetales:
Fire Stone Evolving
Ninetales: Aren't that cool...
Ninetales: Doesn't learn any attacks...
Ninetales: 6/10 for all stats...
Arcanine: 8/10 for all stats...
Good things for Houndoom:
Looks, attacks, stats, attacks, everything! It's the number one. 10/10 For the POKéMON HOUNDOOM.

PS;;; (Mightyena is just a bad copy.)

Natsuki

.bluefang.
Years
My pick goes for Ninetales. =3 If you think realistically, its vulpine characteristics make it a sly and swift competitor, so I can imagine it would be able to strategize quite well in a battle on its own. X3 Also, Ninetales is so pretty, so I'm biased like that~ XD

~Kelsey

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Well, my imidiate answer would be Arcanine, but if you really think about their stats, Ninetails is stronger in alot of ways. I have Ninetails on LeafGreen and its my best Pokemon. ^^; Some people think it has a weak defense... if thats true then I wanna know what Ninetails their basing this information off of....XP My Ninetails has an awesome defense.

( I love Houndoom... but I'm not even counting him... ^^; )

So yes... I vote for Ninetails.

(That was hard...because are three of my favorite Pokemon... ><; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back