• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
Years
Thingy32 hates me.
Hex Workshop is insane.
TranslationStation doesn't work right.
Hexposure crashes when you try to make it read a GBA file ('cos it's too old).

I already uninstalled HW and TS, so here's a question for Thingy32:
Could someone please help me figure out how to change the text in FireRed? I've got the Rom, and a table, and I found the offset, but when I select and edit the text I want to edit, it doesn't show up.

If you can't answer me there, then please help me find a better hex editor?

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Does anyone know where I can find the main hero from Pokemon Colosseum FireRed Style sprites? I need his overworld and his battle sprite.

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
Where can I download advance battle that works with firered? If not, then what can I download that works like advance battle that works for firered?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I know this has been asked, and i apoligise, but with my internet connection, I dont have the patience to go through all these pages.

when i try and edit a sprite in ULNZ, or watever it's called, I export the sprite, edit it in paint, and when i try importing it it says it's too big or something. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! noob in need!!!

and is there any program like dexter for firered and leafgreen???
When you select "write to rom" select the boxes "Export image", "Export Pallet" and "automaticly fix pointers". Make sure that "Auto abort if new data is bigger" is not selected.

for some reason whenever i try to play a gbc rom, patched or unpatched,(i use the newest vba) emulator the screen turns black, nothing happens, then if i click the menu at the top turns white and the vba freezes. Can some on help me?
Seems to me like a bad rom. Try downloading a new one. Otherwise, your computer may be either too old, or too full to run the program properly.
Let me make myself clear. In advance map, I want to change the music, but the music is in some weird language like instead it saying pallet town, it says alabastia, or something like that. How do I change it to english?
HackMew beat me to it.

I feel the same way. some of my questions never get answerd and I keep posting until they get tired and answer my question.
What Hackmew said. ^_^;

I know a lot of people have been asking for the key items list in FireRed/LeafGreen, myself included so this morning I took it upon myself to find it and... here it is!

Spoiler:

I hope this helps everyone! Plus if you want to you can download it in a document here.

Happy Hacking!
Thank you very much, this will help a lot of members!

Does anyone know where I can find the main hero from Pokemon Colosseum FireRed Style sprites? I need his overworld and his battle sprite.
Um....I don't think that's quite the kind of questions that are asked here usually. This is more for technical help, read the first post in this discussion to get a better idea. But even if it is a valid question, I do not know.

As always, I hope it helps!
-Hiidoran

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I know a lot of people have been asking for the key items list in FireRed/LeafGreen, myself included so this morning I took it upon myself to find it and... here it is!
[...]

Well, my FR/LG Item List has just been approved ^^

Sorry I can't find this text.:
[...]
(

Of course you can't, it isn't a text that's normally included in a clean ROM.

exactly as it says or it wont find it it. i found it i just cant make it longer

Did you make a script for those messages, isn't it?
If so, just make the text longer and recompile the script after cleaning the old one. Weird things could happen if you just recompile the text over the old one without clearing it first :P

Hey when I open up A-text it says its missing a file

Which one? Be more detailed...
Also, don't ask the same question more than once. It won't help you and it will just bother the people that could answer you.

I've made a wildbattle script but I can't figure out how to make the sprite dissapear. [...]

I think that the Script Request/Sharing/Discussion is a better place to ask ;)

Thingy32 hates me.
Hex Workshop is insane.
TranslationStation doesn't work right.
Hexposure crashes when you try to make it read a GBA file ('cos it's too old).

I already uninstalled HW and TS, so here's a question for Thingy32:
Could someone please help me figure out how to change the text in FireRed? I've got the Rom, and a table, and I found the offset, but when I select and edit the text I want to edit, it doesn't show up.

Why Hex Workshop should be insane? :P
BTW, have you ever tried Translhextion?

When you select "write to rom" select the boxes "Export image", "Export Pallet" and "automaticly fix pointers". Make sure that "Auto abort if new data is bigger" is not selected.

IHMO unchecking the "Auto abort" option is never a really good solution.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
i edited the original leaf green to make the text longer but my rom broke so i started again on fire red and the text wasnt listed so i serched for it and found it and saved it and tried to edit it but could not. its there on a clean rom. gary says it when he takes his pokemon. I'll take this one then! you have to serach for it. ive just found it in 10 seconds. i cant script it again because its part of the pokeball script and i cant rescript that.

Last edited:

Crikeyapokemon

I'm just your avarage teen...
Years
I have a few questions:
I have a question:
Where can I find some basic scripting tutorials(very basic,how to delete events,how to add events etc...)
I'm really new at hacking so I need some very basic tutorials that are easy to understand.
(Cause right now I don't understand a thing about scripting)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2011
Need Help

Hi, I Have Made A Few Hacks Before But When I Look At Peoples Hacks On The Showcase They Are All Amazing And Really Creative.

Basically What I Need Is Someone With Msn Who Can Talk Me Throught The Basics Of Advancemap, And Other Programs To Make My Hacks Repectable. This Would Really Help. If You Do Have The Time Could You Please Add Me On [email protected]

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I have a few questions:
I have a question:
Where can I find some basic scripting tutorials(very basic,how to delete events,how to add events etc...)
I'm really new at hacking so I need some very basic tutorials that are easy to understand.
(Cause right now I don't understand a thing about scripting)
Here you go, it's for Pokescript: http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=81691
Try checking the documents and tutorials before posting next time, ok? :P

Does someone have a link or just a copy of a FireRed ROM that can save after you defeat the Pokémon League? I need one, otherwise I can't start working on my hack :(

~Cya, UnitRico
Please don't tell me you just asked for a rom... That's like the #1 "no-no" in this forum. However, if you are looking for a patch for your rom, look here please: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=77503. It's the save-file exchange thread; if it's anywhere, it's most likely there.

Hi, I Have Made A Few Hacks Before But When I Look At Peoples Hacks On The Showcase They Are All Amazing And Really Creative.

Basically What I Need Is Someone With Msn Who Can Talk Me Throught The Basics Of Advancemap, And Other Programs To Make My Hacks Repectable. This Would Really Help. If You Do Have The Time Could You Please Add Me On [email protected]
While I'm not willing to devout all my time, I will help you with whatever questions you have via PM.

As always, Hope it helped!
-Hiidoran

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2010
maybe i can ask here,

umm so i was looking for that one hack where you can go into the past and future, but i cant find it, i tried searching too. im sorry if this isnt detailed enough

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Does anyone know how to change your sprite into some one else like on pokemon orange, just before a battle, it shows the back of your sprite and on your trainer card, it shows your sprite. How do I change it?

Come on my website: ...
And give me ideas on what to put on my new game!
First off, please don't advertise your website here, there is a place for that: Webmaster's Discussion
Zel has written a tutorial on this, please look in the documents and tutorials next time, ok? :P http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=82358

maybe i can ask here,

umm so i was looking for that one hack where you can go into the past and future, but i cant find it, i tried searching too. im sorry if this isnt detailed enough
Sorry, this is not really the kind of question asked here. Suitable questions would be along the lines of "How to change pallets" or "what is the flag for the 6th gym leader". Also, in my duration in this forum there have been many hacks that deal with time travel...

Hope it helped!
-Hiidoran

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
1) Hiya, I was wondering if it was possible to turn any map i wanted into a "Safari Zone" of sorts.

2) Is there a way to modify the amount of money some one starts off with?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
A-text says its missing a file named comdlg32.exc
Oh, that's incredibly easy to fix! But do you mean "Comdlg32.oxc"? Although before I continue, I need to know what system you run, so that I may tell you EXACTLY where to put the file to make it work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
CrazyLuigi said:
1) Hiya, I was wondering if it was possible to turn any map i wanted into a "Safari Zone" of sorts.

2) Is there a way to modify the amount of money some one starts off with?

1. Just use the Safari Zone tileset, in FR just go to "Header View" make Tileset 1 "0" and make Tileset 2 "8" using AdvanceMap.

2. I am sure that the amount of money can be changed by scripting or hex editting, if hex just search for the starting value of cash.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
1. Just use the Safari Zone tileset, in FR just go to "Header View" make Tileset 1 "0" and make Tileset 2 "8" using AdvanceMap.

2. I am sure that the amount of money can be changed by scripting or hex editting, if hex just search for the starting value of cash.

1. Is there a way to do it with out using the safari zone tiles?/Does it have to be the specific safari zone combination or can it be a mix?

2. Thanks! :D

<<Haruki Adachi>>

Oh how heroes have fallen
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
Oh, that's incredibly easy to fix! But do you mean "Comdlg32.oxc"? Although before I continue, I need to know what system you run, so that I may tell you EXACTLY where to put the file to make it work.
My systems is xp professional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back