• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
No, that lets me edit maps, not tiles (unless there's some feature I'm overlooking). I want to make it so that, for example, the tiles that look like the Space Shuttle will look like the USS Enterprise instead.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Theres a puzzel Piece buttune in advance map that allows you to edit the tiles. so yes advance map. or Tools>block editor or cntrl+b

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Is it possible to enable the Pokedex menu, enable the National dex, disable the menu, and still have it all work? By still work I mean allow all evolutions and so on.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
Umm... I have a question about warps. I have a warp in Pallet Town (I made a cave there) The warp goes into my cave but I can't get out of the cave. I noticed that the arrow to out is in different place and if I move my warp to there it works, but it goes to the middle of Pallet Town...
How do I fix this? (Haven't used so much warps)

Years
The "arrow" is actually a seperate tile to the normal ground.
you'll need to use this ground on the warp for it to work.
(just copy the working tile to where the warp should be as i can't point out the exact tile without a screeny of the tileset!)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Umm... I have a question about warps. I have a warp in Pallet Town (I made a cave there) The warp goes into my cave but I can't get out of the cave. I noticed that the arrow to out is in different place and if I move my warp to there it works, but it goes to the middle of Pallet Town...
How do I fix this? (Haven't used so much warps)
You get in the middle of pallet town because you have specified in which map to wrap, but not in which wrap. To understand what I mean, look at the wrap that takes you into Oak's lab and then look at the one that takes you out of it.
Isn't something similar to those two wraps?
For example, the one might have 'wrap number 3' and another number above which is 1.
THe other wrap should have 'wrap number 1' and another number which should be 3 in order for these two to connect.

If you still don't get it, have some practise. Make a new wrap and have it wrap you to the lab using the same coordinates as the default wrap in the lab's door, and then change the wrap in the lab that takes you outside to your new wrap's number, and voila! you get out of the lab on that new wrap, and not on the door!

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
Thanks both of you. Got it work already with frogpony's help.
Already noticed that my warps number was 4 when it should be 3... I didn't notice that there's also 0 so it got to be 3 as the warp itself said. Just a little mistake.
I have made houses and other things with warps but this cave got me crazy, first problem was with my script (only 0xFE was missing...) now this. As I already said, little mistakes, should think first and ask then. (I just have little hurry with this thing, because I should've get this ready yesterday...)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Is it possible to enable the Pokedex menu, enable the National dex, disable the menu, and still have it all work? By still work I mean allow all evolutions and so on.
Yes setflag (menu for pokedex i think its 0x826 but I might be off a little) setflag (regional) setflag (national) clearflag (menu)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

NaruotActor is wrong.

Setflag 0x829 for the Pokedex.
Special 0x16F to enable the National dex.
And HackMew's ASM routine to disable the menu.

Unfortunately, I don't know but I believe it would work.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Yes setflag (menu for pokedex i think its 0x826 but I might be off a little) setflag (regional) setflag (national) clearflag (menu)
I was thinking something like that, but I wasn't sure if it disabled the functions that the national dex gives you.
NaruotActor is wrong.

Setflag 0x829 for the Pokedex.
Special 0x16F to enable the National dex.
And HackMew's ASM routine to disable the menu.

Unfortunately, I don't know but I believe it would work.
Well, then what is this ASM routine? I appreciate the help, but I can't do anything if you remain so ambiguous :P

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I was thinking something like that, but I wasn't sure if it disabled the functions that the national dex gives you.

Well, then what is this ASM routine? I appreciate the help, but I can't do anything if you remain so ambiguous :P

Unfortunately, it's not for the public and I believe it was made for the use of >Dante<. Ask HackMew, anyway. Also, disbaling the menu won't affect the Pokedex since it will still be there, but not accessible.

Also, the ASM routine will idsable the menu and a registered key item. :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
How can I shut off the music in Pokemon Diamond?

I'm a competent user that has a rom and an editor, but I can't find any files to delete that look like game music.

(IE. I want the music removed but not the sound effects, I can't figure out which files in the rom are which)

Thanks

Years
How can I shut off the music in Pokemon Diamond?

I'm a competent user that has a rom and an editor, but I can't find any files to delete that look like game music.

(IE. I want the music removed but not the sound effects, I can't figure out which files in the rom are which)

Thanks

Can you elaboarate a little more? Well I think if you wanted the music change or removed from a certain room you would have to change the script.

Here is an example made up script

Org@123
Player walks in room
Music play 0x1

The music play 0x1 could be any music, say it's the music from pallet town. You would have to either remove that script and replace it with a different script.

Org@123
Player walks in room
Music play 0x2

The music play 0x2 would be a different type of music.

Anyways I have a question, I really didn't know where to post it.

What language is pokemon fire red coded in?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Can you elaboarate a little more? Well I think if you wanted the music change or removed from a certain room you would have to change the script.

Here is an example made up script

Org@123
Player walks in room
Music play 0x1

The music play 0x1 could be any music, say it's the music from pallet town. You would have to either remove that script and replace it with a different script.

Org@123
Player walks in room
Music play 0x2

The music play 0x2 would be a different type of music.

Anyways I have a question, I really didn't know where to post it.

What language is pokemon fire red coded in?

He said Pokemon DIamond, so I doubt a solution for Fire Red will work on Diamond.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
If you mean the source code, I doubt anyone outside of Nintendo or Game Freak knows. I suspect it's probably C, though. You won't be able to extract the code from the ROM, as it's been compiled into machine language (i.e. ASM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back