• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesofice

Anyone a fan of Spyro?
Years
Yeah iVe tried that i pasted it in the empty box for a person where you have a dollar and some numbers. Then I talk to them. If they had a script inserted I could leave them but if I didn't edit it they wouldn't release me...

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
This is my script:
Code:
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
checkflag 0x846
if == jump @end
lockall
[COLOR=Red][B]applymovement PLAYER @exit[/B][/COLOR]
[...]
And when I compiled and decompiled it, the movement commands were totally ruined:
Code:
#org 0x8740665
'-----------------------------------
checkflag 0x846
if true jump 0x8740679 ' Flag is set
lockall
[B] [COLOR=Red]call 0x874067B[/COLOR][/B]
[...]
I tried removing the pause4s in the commands, but got the exact same result, so I'm stuck as to what I did wrong. Help would be greatly appreciated :)
It looks to me like you're decompiling at an older offset (it compiles to a new offset each time).
hey can some teach me how to use this cause the tutorial won't work on my computer.
Though the XKCD method of tech support will probably work in this case (as long as you have backups of your ROM handy), if you're looking for how to write the actual scripts, the best way to learn is by decompiling scripts that already exist in the game. F9 will compile, F8 will decompile, dragging a ROM onto the window will open the ROM (nothing visible will happen to PKSV when this happens, though), and you can find offsets to decompile from using AdvanceMap.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
hey can some teach me how to use this cause the tutorial won't work on my computer.
Or...you could read the tut i made; either way works
(there's a link in my signiature)
speaking of my tut...i need to update it with my to do list...and nao that i have a id's down...i think it would be a good idea to go ahead and go back to my original thread layout cuz the one i use now is to easy to bug up (and it is kinda weirdish aotm if i remember right..., but you can still read it)

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
I am in need of a lot of help. I'm new to the scripting, and everything I do seems to result in error. Right now, I am just trying to create a simple dialogue, but I keep getting this:

Cannot open defines.dat!
Initialized.
#DYN
-> 0x8750959
#ORG
-> @start
MSGBOX
DYN-> @0x82166e1
CALLSTD
Unknown value in CALLSTD (Value must be integer)

I would appreciate any help.
btw, this is my script:

Spoiler:

score_under

Years
It appears to me as though you haven't extracted all files - defines.dat is used to convert the constants (e.g. msg_faceplayer) into integers. Make sure this is in the same folder as PKSVUI.exe, then try compiling again. If you can't find the file, try downloading PKSV again.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
An awesome program, taking XSE to a whole new level. I hope it does well, with XSE being on top for right now.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
@bolens umm...wow, i can't tell if your just trying to get ur post count up, but first of all (atleast) 4 different posts saying the same generic thing that has been said a million times just sounds like suckcing up. (no offense intended, really)
and also this is PKSV not XSE and I can't really any of the compilers are "on top" because all of them still have quite a few users,some people on here even use hex editors still.
ummm..point of rant: am i the only one who's tired of hearing the generic "great program" ? perhaps we should make a thread for people to do that in, so that people with legitimate questions/bug reports etc can use the thread, i think we may be amazed at the cut-back on post deletions for "generic" messages.
and uh...
@score under- what do you mean by "the *other* asm"? it has me curious to say the least...

firestormx19

i'm never loging in again.
Years
  • Age 35
  • hell
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
hi i made this script it close to the one in firered were oak stops you from going in to the grass. but i made it for ruby. the thing is it doesn't work it freezes the game so i want to make it in pksv (i have the newer version 2.1.1) but i'm not sure what to do or if it would even work i was thinking it maybe the checkflag 0x200 and setflag 0x200 and pausemove 0x0000 at the beginning that is making it not work or the lock faceplayer or something long the lines of that. this is the first i even tryed making my own script. just by what i know from using scripts and also credit goes to foullump for the scripts. without his scripts and youtube videos i may have not know how to make this script in the first place.

heres the script

Spoiler:

EDIT: ok i give it a shot at making the script in pksv. well what i did first was grab my script and drag it in to the program and then compiled. to see what i would get for errors. well it said pausemove 0x0000 was a unkown valve so i remove it and then it said message $birch birch 1 is unkown and so is everything else the walking is fine it just the messages and applymovement but ;binary and the numbers for walking are ok. i was just thinking maybe i have to set a boxset but not sure what one. ok so adding a boxset don't do noting. i used boxset 6. i also tryed coping the script for oak over on to my hack but it don't work. does anybody know anyway to make this script work. o and i think the find item script is messd up in the script generator because it did a different script it started the running shoes script and it don;t give me a item from the pokeball. is pksv script generayor only for firered and leafgreen. after i pick a item i go up to rom and hit compile but i'm not sure if thta what i do or not and it give me this 0x8740048 for the start so i thought that was the offset but maybe not. this program is as bad as xse. can't figure out how to work it. lol well anyway if no one can get it to work that is fine. i still have other ideas for scripts to work on. so it no problem

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
It appears to me as though you haven't extracted all files - defines.dat is used to convert the constants (e.g. msg_faceplayer) into integers. Make sure this is in the same folder as PKSVUI.exe, then try compiling again. If you can't find the file, try downloading PKSV again.

Thanks for the info. I did so, and it worked perfectly. I found out later that I did extract the defines.dat, but in another location :(
I have another problem though, do the flags work in Ruby/Sapphire?

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
I am in need of a lot of help. I'm new to the scripting, and everything I do seems to result in error. Right now, I am just trying to create a simple dialogue, but I keep getting this:

Cannot open defines.dat!
Initialized.
#DYN
-> 0x8750959
#ORG
-> @start
MSGBOX
DYN-> @0x82166e1
CALLSTD
Unknown value in CALLSTD (Value must be integer)

I would appreciate any help.
btw, this is my script:

Spoiler:

I think you should try it again, this time using "0x740000" or "0x800000" for your Dyn offsets :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
Hi
I started to do my hack of pokemon emerald, and I have a question. how can I edit script prof.birch in this program??
Could somebody help me??

score_under

Years
Thanks for the info. I did so, and it worked perfectly. I found out later that I did extract the defines.dat, but in another location :(
I have another problem though, do the flags work in Ruby/Sapphire?
I believe that the flags that work in R/S are prefixed with "RS_..." try typing "RS_" after a command and pressing ctrl+space to see them.
Hi
I started to do my hack of pokemon emerald, and I have a question. how can I edit script prof.birch in this program??
Could somebody help me??
Assuming you've set up AdvanceMap with PKSV, it's simple:
(Note the "events" tab is selected)
openbirch.png

If not, all you need to do to set it up is (in AdvanceMap) click "Settings", "Choose Script Editor", locate PKSVUI.exe, click "Open", then click "No" (this is important, clicking "yes" will not work with PKSV!).

Last edited:

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Where is the link for the download... I can't find it at all... My computer can't see certain things... Please help! x

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
*Is nub
How can I use this program to make a 'give pokemon' event in Pokemon Gold?

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
thanks for help. I have another problem. How can I do script like MAY?
I mean so that my script behaves similarly to May, that is if only kept me company through the entire game. I will be very grateful for the help
P.S.
I am from Poland so if I am making some mistakes I apologise very much

score_under

Years
Where is the link for the download... I can't find it at all... My computer can't see certain things... Please help! x
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pk-script-view/
*Is nub
How can I use this program to make a 'give pokemon' event in Pokemon Gold?
Code:
givepoke CHARMANDER 5 POTION 0
Though I'm not certain to what extent the pokemon and item values are similar to those in FR/LG.
thanks for help. I have another problem. How can I do script like MAY?
I mean so that my script behaves similarly to May, that is if only kept me company through the entire game. I will be very grateful for the help
P.S.
I am from Poland so if I am making some mistakes I apologise very much
Unless I misunderstand, you can just achieve a similar effect to May in Ruby by placing her on different maps, and using her ID to show and hide her with setflag/clearflag.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
uhh,

tried to do this
#org 0x15D510
'-----------------------------------
jumptextfaceplayer 0x5614 ' 0x15D614
givepoke CHARMANDER 5 POTION 0

#org 0x15D614
= A higher level\n[POKé]MON doesn't\lalways win.\pAfter all, it may\nhave a type dis-\ladvantage.\pI don't think\nthere is a single\p[POKé]MON that is\nthe toughest.\e

But it doesn't work >.<
please tell me what I did wrong :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back