• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Pokecommunity causes slight PC freeze.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
So, I logged into PC one morning, and my Laptop froze when it loaded, but then after a while it came back with the website fully loaded. I thought nothing of it till it happened the next day.
I seriously thought it was my laptop, till I logged on at college and a local library and it did the same things.

The freeze seems to last from 10 seconds to 5 minutes randomly.

It's rather annoying when I'm trying to get on quickly and then go.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Most likely this is an issue on your end. Does the problem continue after clearing your cache, cookies and changing your web browser? PC isn't a particularly heavy site to deal with.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
What OS are you using? Find that older OSs seem to load PC a little slower.

On my laptop is Windows 7 Home Edition
College is Windows 7 Enterprise
and Library Local is A hybrid of Vista and Classic by the looks...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Nothing to do with an OS. There's a number of things you can do, the best thing is to either update or upgrade your browser. Funnily enough a browser is meant for browsing, and the cleanest one to do that is Google Chrome. Considering you're on Windows, and laptops, I strongly dis-advise using Firefox on a laptop, unless your laptop is high end. I actually doubt that this is happening on each computer you use, it's most likely down to one. That could have been a coincidence, so disregard it for a moment.

Now, after changing your browser, your cookies and cache will be cleared. If you haven't done the first suggestion, then log out of PC on every computer you use if you're automatically logged in, then log in again. This will reduce your PC's load of cache when you open PC.

The last possible issue is the style you're using, however I doubt it. Some browsers can have problems loading many numbers of images at once, or large ones. So try changing the style you use and perhaps load times should disappear due to that.

Try identify the problem, it could be your browser, cache, or the fact you have a 0.5 MB image in your signature which could be causing loading time issues. Log any time this happens after trying what I suggested. And if PC is ever giving you trouble then use your hard refresh tool, which is ctrl + F5.

Give those a go and get back to us!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I, too, experienced freezing whenever I open PC and it seems that the suggestion Jake posted worked like a charm for me. I figured I should say this since the OP didn't reply.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I have a pretty high-end gaming PC. Not the best, but it should be able to handle the performance of this website at least.

...but it doesn't. Last night I lagged in between forums for a moderate period of time. I would have to go out on a limb and say that this is NOT on my end. :P

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I've got mixed reports that some older computers tend to experience issues loading webfonts. Try heading into your Control Panel options and disabling Truetype and Web Fonts. Tell me if that fixes the issue since that's critical for me to know.

I've tried that. It's only moved the 5 minute to round about 3 minutes. Roughly.

So, It half helped.

I, too, experienced freezing whenever I open PC and it seems that the suggestion Jake posted worked like a charm for me. I figured I should say this since the OP didn't reply.

... Who's Jake?

Back