• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tech-Spectations for 2013

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Lately this year, we haven't had much of an overhaul of updates in terms of the world of technology. Course, we had E3, but that's a whole different ballgame. I'm talking about new updates to upcoming new tablets, cellphone OSs, or even what Apple might have in store this time. The main reason could be that all the companies are scraaaaambling for awesome tech updates just in time for those crucial shopping days (both Back-to-School, and Christmas).

Good thing, however, is that Verizon and Google are doing launch events this week. Verizon will do theirs Tuesday, while Google will have theirs on Wednesday. Motorola will also have a launch event on August 1st. Amazon, Microsoft, and Apple have yet to announce theirs, but it could be as early as August or September.

Here's a list of what companies have in store in their events: (some are mooostly rumored, but it could happen!)
  • Verizon - Launch of the HTC One on their network, possible successors to their Droid Trio (Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Droid Razr M)
  • Google - New Nexus 7 tablet...with Android 4.3 (which was yet to be announced...will we see it on Wednesday?) There's also a possible Chromebook OS upgrade, or even a new Chromebook itself.
  • Motorola - Motorola Moto X, new phone launching soon. Possibly releasing carriers, pricing, and specs on launch event.
  • Microsoft - Possible Windows 8.1 announcement & release date, Surface 2 also a wild card.
  • Amazon - Possible Apple TV-Like streaming box, Kindle Fire HD upgrade and price drops for previous Kindles.
  • Apple - (unclear as of late) iPad 5, iPhone 5S, possible launch of the "iWatch"

Feel free to discuss on the above or what else you expect in the technology world! Are you excited about what these companies have in store. Do you find yourself owning any one of these new gadgets once they go on sale?

Source.

Years
I have two words, "Oculus Rift".

Though, the company says that they are primarily focused on developers of PC games, the technology has already been used in a number of console games like Skyrim in demos. The three consoles need to jump on this technology quickly before the others do. My hopes are that Nintendo/GF starts collaboration with the company within a year so that we will be able to use the technology in 2 or 3 years. Just in time for a Virtual Reality Hoenn Remake!!! If that new GF site is a Oculus Rift Collab...it will definitely be the biggest scoop of the century!

I am being WAY too optimistic, but I think consumers expectations are rising as far as console innovations and all three companies are running out of tricks given the sensory bar movement has come and passed. And really...can you imagine being able to be immersed into the Pokemon World? They are sitting on a gold mine.

http://www.businessinsider.com/oculus-rift-video-demo-2013-7

Also, there are tons of Youtube videos if you'd like to check out more.

Years
I'll be waiting to see the usual Apple mumbo jumbo of upgrades (iPhone + iPad as always), and to see what else comes out in the smartphone world.. also, I'm anticipating the release of Windows 8.1 by Microsoft, and to see how good it is in comparison to Windows 8.

Also, for the Oculus Rift, that's gotta be fun as well. I saw a video of it being tested online, and it seems so fun, yet it worries me on how dizzy one could get :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My main subject was tech gadgets, but I am also looking forward to OR since it *could* bring the evolution of PC gaming on the rise. I mean, a Sword Art Online-like game? Awesome...but scary!

But anyways, Windows 8.1. Why release a newer version of Windows a year after the previous version? I find it so soon, to be honest. I felt that Windows 8 worked pretty well, and there wasn't really a need to release another OS that only reflected on changes. There's only one thing I want changed and that would be logging in without a need of a password. I don't want to do anything with my current OS until I hear good reviews of the new version.

I'm also looking for a new phone upgrade. And I've always had eyes on the HTC one and the Samsung S4 Active. Of course, both of them are phone that have already been released, but I'm looking forward to what Verizon and Motorola also have in store, and Google as well...since there were rumors of an Android 4.3 version coming out.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Looking forward to Google Glass. I like augmented reality type stuff.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
So, Verizon just confirmed that there was indeed a new trio of phones for the Droid family. :D The Droid Maxx, The Droid Ultra, and The Droid Mini. Seems like it's a small-medium-large gap for those phones., each of them have different specs.

I really want the Droid Maxx though...quad core graphics YES PLEASE.

Article~

Zet

Years
My main subject was tech gadgets, but I am also looking forward to OR since it *could* bring the evolution of PC gaming on the rise. I mean, a Sword Art Online-like game? Awesome...but scary!

But anyways, Windows 8.1. Why release a newer version of Windows a year after the previous version? I find it so soon, to be honest. I felt that Windows 8 worked pretty well, and there wasn't really a need to release another OS that only reflected on changes. There's only one thing I want changed and that would be logging in without a need of a password. I don't want to do anything with my current OS until I hear good reviews of the new version.

I'm also looking for a new phone upgrade. And I've always had eyes on the HTC one and the Samsung S4 Active. Of course, both of them are phone that have already been released, but I'm looking forward to what Verizon and Motorola also have in store, and Google as well...since there were rumors of an Android 4.3 version coming out.
They're going to do yearly minor update releases like Apple. So people won't have to pay hundreds of dollars for an OS.

I'm also looking forward to Google Glass.

Back