• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do Pokémon eat other Pokémon?

Riveria

Ocean Breeze and River Flow...
Years
It's pretty true. These are all the ones on the back of my head that get eaten easily...

Magikarp (Oh come on, everyone knows that.)
Caterpie or other buggy types that are caterpillar formed.
Durant
Barboach
Surskit
Remoraid
Seedot
Nincada
Shellos (Escargot anybody?)
Shroomish
Snorunt (IT SO UGLY ;~; )
Spinarak
Spoink/Grumpig (Porkchops nom)
Sunkern
Togepi (it'd suck to be so cute and get eaten.)
Torchic... Eggs.
Venonat
Vileplume
Oddish
Whismur

I think some eat Snover's fruit as well?

Welp, from the 'back of my mind' .-.

Shikai

Fight for the name of Pokemon
Years
Also in black and white 2 if I be alive in lacnosa town. The elder said kyueum ate pokemon and people

Dark Scythe

scytherion
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 15, 2021
hmm considering pokemon don't EVER run out in an area, does that mean they sort of reincarnate or something? revive? teleport?
assuming they reincarnate, i think it would be weird to have like a live magikarp flopping around in your stomach after you ate it cos it reincarnated. if they teleport does that mean the food in the stomach disappears? and shouldn't all pokemon know teleport in that case?(well that would make catching pokemon a pain.)
i've always wondered why when you killed a bunch of pokemons in a row you didn't leave a trail of dead bodies behind you.
if they knew how to revive,
1) how?
2) in that case why can't they use man made items like potions?
3) why am i analysing this?

just think how there is always a never ending supply of pokemon when they are constantly being killed or eaten. you'll go a long way.

PS if you're thinking along the lines of breeding, okay, how do the eggs produce and hatch so fast, and how many zubats would come out in a single "litter" if that were so?

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
Years
Serebii said:
GLALIE has the ability to freely control ice. For example, it can instantly freeze its foe solid. After immobilizing its foe in ice, this POKéMON enjoys eating it in leisurely fashion.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/362.shtml

Yeah, pretty creepy... pretty standard that this would rarely be brought up in the game; I mean, you don't want kids imagining some other animal coming along and eating their dog or cat! It's kind of the same thing, isn't it?

I don't know; I'd eat Tepig if I had to

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2013
And if we're unable to find specific instances of Pokemon eating Pokemon... we could always go picking through specific trainers' Trubbish and Garbodors for cold, hard evidence.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Real live animals don't exist in the pokemon world.
Most Pokemon are based on animals. So yeah Pokemon eat other Pokemon.
Save the tastiest till last (Magikarp)

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Well in the games, some Pokedex entries have already stated that Pokemon do prey on other species of Pokemon. One example I could think of would be Heatmor and Durant.

Heatmor--article_image.jpg

Same goes for Taillow/Swellow and Wurmple.

Wurmple's Pokedex Entry (Pokemon Sapphire) said:
Wurmple is targeted by Swellow as prey. This Pokémon will try to resist by pointing the spikes on its rear at the attacking predator. It will weaken the foe by leaking poison from the spikes.

Taillow's Pokedex Entry (Pokedex Entry) said:
Taillow is young - it has only just left its nest. As a result, it sometimes becomes lonesome and cries at night. This Pokémon feeds on Wurmple that live in forests.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the same goes for the manga too:

10.jpg

Yeeep, that was a wild Carnivine trying to eat a Munchlax and a Chatot.

The same could definitely be said for the anime. Pidgeotto attempted to peck at Ash's Caterpie, and Meowth tried to eat a Magikarp once.

200px-Edible_Magikarp.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2023
In the episode with Bill the Pokemaniac from Season One, Brock offered to make some Cheeseburgers for lunch. And also, in Gold/Silver/HeartGold/SoulSilver, if you try to touch the sink/stove/whatever, it mentions that your mom is making cheeseburgers as well?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Here is what I know. Pokemon are the same as animals in our world. Humans are also Pokemon in the game world, just like they are animals in our world. So for a Human to eat a Pokemon is no different that for a human to eat a cow

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I guess the Anime doesn't adress this question since it's a kid's show, but i'm pretty sure that Pokemon eat other Pokemon, as well as Humans eat Pokemon too. It's just the circle of life, and since Pokemon are the "animals" of the pokemon world, there also has to be a food-chain of some sort.

Back