• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So your flux capacitator GXDs5.092x is overwriting 12.8x gigabrymes so you need to pv

droomph

weeb
Years
For the laymen out there, how familiar ar you with tech lingo?

And for the IT wizards out there, how "easy" and/or important is it for you do "dumb it down" into everyday language?

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I'm more or less familiar, except when someone starts dropping Linux terminal commands.

Years
Since I don't have an IT or a computer science degree slapped onto me, I don't know everything there is to "tech lingo", but I do know quite a few advanced terms that a generic, everyday computer user who isn't tech-savvy might not know.

Years
I'm not that familiar with it. :( My technology knowledge doesn't go past the extent of googling to solve whatever issues come up so a lot of these tech terms confuse me a lot.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hahaha

hahahahaha

ha

Yeah, I could consider myself.....85% familiar with tech lingo xD Back when I was attending school in San Diego, my classmates were extremely tech literate and surprisingly I could understand them. But when I'm explaining stuff to my parents or family members they're all like "mija, i canNOT understand a word you are saying".

I tend to have so much trouble "dumbing down" tech lingo for the ones that aren't familiar/don't know how technology works. Sometimes I wish everyone I knew was so on top of technology like I am, but alas it won't happen. xD

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I know enough but nothing particularly technical. Condescending one's terminology is unnecessary (every educated person ought to be reasonably able to piece together what most 'long' words mean from their elemental constituents) and can be very misleading, but apparently that's just the way I think.

Back