• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Despina Region

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Some of these still need some major renovations, but I wanted to bring enough sprites to the table to make a decent first presentation. I hope to complete this pokedex with around 150 Pokemon...well here is 10%!

Any suggestions of concepts would be greatly appreciated.

As always, do not steal any of my work or I will have to dispose of you!

4f962c599d05fcd8c4a36b40c60ea3eb-d51u3fk.png

Last edited:
Years
I love how you used some every day items (snow globe, cake, carrots) in those Pokemon. They look great to me. =)

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
I love the birthday cake Pokemon. :)

These are really well done. I feel that the stick that the final grass evolution is holding looks...awkward. But that's really all I can see that's off.

The pink and blue eel like Pokemon looks incredible too.

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Thanks for the comments everyone. The last one I made was the grass starter final stage, and I know it really needs a complete redo!!!

I think I might want to make it a dual fighting type, possibly give it bamboo nun-chucks? Or maybe more chubby like a Panda?We will see...

Last edited:

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Thank you Thadius and Suicune!

I just updated...I made minor changes to the first two grass starter stages. I also completely re-sprited the third stage. I am going to make it my goal to compete all of the starter lines and get some names for these sprites over the weekend.

BEFORE & AFTER
scaled.php

Should he be a Grass-Type or a Grass/Fighting-Type?​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2012
They're both good (the new grass), kinda like the female and male version (gardevoir and gallade?)
Fighting grass would be more appropriate since they got bamboo weapons

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
They're both good (the new grass), kinda like the female and male version (gardevoir and gallade?)
Fighting grass would be more appropriate since they got bamboo weapons

Thanks, but just to clarify, the "old" one is being replaced by the "new"; the old one was rushed and is a bit messy and awkward. I will probably make a couple split evolutions that are male/female, whether it be like Wormadam/Mothim or just major change in gender design like Jellicent.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Nice work on the sprites. Very official-Pokemon looking. I look forward to your sprites. They're adorable & cool.

Years
They look very clean and well done, and some designs look cool, but I think you could've done better than to replicate similarly, if not exactly, Beartic's hand for your final snow bear evolution there. Try to use it more as a reference and not a resource.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2012
The final starter looks like it wears diapers? And the Fakemon that is on the third row and 2nd from the left looks kind of Luxio / Luxray. Other than that, awesome.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
These look like official sprites. I completely fail at pixel art so this seems even better to me :) good job.

<goes to practice pixel art>

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
You've got some real talent dude. The fakes are both very original in design and very well sprited. Only complaint is that the electric family has a messy head on both sprites. So overall 9/10, keep it up.

Back