• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello everyone!

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
I'm glad I found this site cause the hacks are really cool. Also I'm a big fan of the older Pokemon games. I hope to have a good time while here.
Oh and if anyone knows how to put an animated avatar as the current one I'd like some help.(I want Red as my avatar but want him to move) I'm just not smart enough to figure it out

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Hi, Mastarchief345. So you like to browse Emulation section? This section contains many Pokemon hacks! Have a nice day and welcome to Pokecommunity!

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi, Mc345!

Welcome to PokéCommunity! These forums are very notably known for their emulation/hacks section! xD I'm also a huge fan of the older games, as those games are the reason why I got into the series in the first place. :] Though I still love the newer ones, too.

As for the animated avatar you're trying to put up, I believe that any avatar needs to be within the size limit allowed, which is 40 KB(?). This means that if you have already tried uploading an animated avatar and it doesn't work (meaning that the uploaded avatar doesn't animate after you've uploaded it, or you get an error message saying the image is too big), you need to resize the image or cut it into smaller frames so that the file size is smaller.

I hope I helped & hope to see you around!

Reactions: Cid

Cid

Years
The hacks are really cool for sure! PC hasn't lost its niche after all these years, and I'm glad that it's getting a healthy amount of attention for the hacks it houses even now. :3 You're part of that, so I'm glad that you're here to reassure this. :D Welcome to PC, Mastarchief!

A big fan of the older games, eh? Please, make yourself at home. We have tons and tons of users who are just like you. Myself included. ;D May I suggest you visit the forums for Metal and Color Generation Games as well as the Advanced Generation Games after your stop at the Emulation section? Us oldies need to look out for the sections related to our interests that young whippersnappers wouldn't know. Of course, we can always act hip and post in the newer sections, but for now, let's stay loyal, shall we?

Hopefully Gyardo's post clears up your troubles with uploading an animated avatar. If you have further questions, don't be afraid to ask! There are dozens of staff around this place, and hundreds and thousands of members, too. All ready to help you. You're only gonna have a good time if you interact with us everywhere, like there are blogs, VMs, PMs, threads and servers ready to be active in. Lots of places. You won't get bored for sure. :p So stick around! And have a blast, o' course.

Back