• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite pokemon game of all time?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Pearl, definitely. I've played through it so many times, but I'm still not bored with it. Sometimes I wish I had gotten Diamond because of Stunky/Skuntank, but I like the Pearl exclusives just as much.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
My favorite? Ruby. But only because it was my first and I played it for so many years I have lost count.

Realistically though, I consider Emerald and Platinum to be the best games, with Leaf Green/Fire Red close (SS/HG are great but incredibly flawed and B/W was garbage in every way bar the pacing. B/W2 I have not played and I do not plan to.)

EDIT: Oh, do spin offs count?
Pokemon Pinball Ruby/Sapphire it is then. I love pinball and R/S did it so right and uniquely I'll never be tired of it. Pokemon Colosseum and XD are also just as special as Ruby is for me.
I also loved Pokemon Channel back when it was first released. Screw what everyone may think of it, it was magical at its time. Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue come close too. I'd like to give special mention to Pokemon Ranger as well, because it made a great showcase to the DS and was really fun at its time.

....My answer is Pokemon Pinball R/S and Pokemon Ruby. Don't mind me.

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
This one is REALLY tough for me... ;__; I love a lot of the games but in different ways.

If I had to pick I think it would be Emerald, though. Ruby and Sapphire were insanely nostalgic for me and Emerald was just the best of those + more.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
HGSS. Pokemon following me! <3 And the nostalgia of Kanto and Johto.

But even without that, they were done extremely well- better than any other pokemon game in my opinion.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Platinum.
I started with Diamond (let that sink in...), and I thought that was an amazing game..so when I heard Platinum get announced (I even have a poster for it in my room), I just said that I was surely going to buy it. I bought it, and played the hell out of it. What I loved were all the small, but really good changes from D/P's gameplay. Adding the Battle Frontier, something I loved in Emerald, the Distortion World and Giratina's new form, which looks sick. The small storyline changes, adding Looker and Charon, and Galactic's new plan...it was all good.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
Either Emerald or Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team. They both entertained me for hours on end as a kid, and both brought to light my love of Rayquaza.

Back